VN Unity Ashes of War [Ch1.19] [CTStudio]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
so lets just say before the full game gets released get someone to proofread its needed.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
It'd honestly be a pity if they quit because of that.
The game had genuine potential. It just didn't have publicity.
But, of course, failing to secure funding can be a blow to morale, even discounting the fact that money is rather helpful when trying to make a living.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Yes, I'm still working on it.

Considering the kickstarter failed.. I'm not exactly sure what the dev's plans are.. ngl I was this close to supporting the dev regardless if the kickstarter was a success or not.. but months of radio silence is a bit.. discouraging.
Well if you're so keen on wanting to know what I did these past few months, here's the gist of it.
I went back to part-time work to make just enough money to continue working on this project (and feed myself. Mostly feed myself).
On the free time I had, I also attempted to create a KK game, thinking it would be an easy task to also raise some money to continue AoW.

I was wrong. I ended up with a 25-30k words script and around a thousand renders, for around a 2-3 hours, but I deemed the amount of work left too much compared to what I could gain from a mediocre KK game.

I intend to re-launch a Kickstarter, so I decided to prioritize AoW, because the people that support me do so for this game. Not a side project.
This meant I did have ~2 months of floatiness, but I still updated people on my Discord (this is where you will find most of the infos) and didn't charge my Patrons, because I didn't provide stuff regarding AoW (This month too).

I don't really update on F95, because this message will lose 90% visibility as soon as it's sent to the next page. Thus, I prefer other platforms to comunicate. F95 is only for game updates (or important stuff), and if I don't have updates... Well I don't have updates.

These past weeks, I have been focusing on creating promotional assets to improve visibility to get the new Kickstarter off the ground.
I decided to invest more of my money too while removing physical rewards in order to go for a lower objective.

Yes, the KS failure was a bit of a moral blow, but I'm still going to finish this game. I'm just asking for time.
I hope that the first KS and the stuff I worked on will provide enough visibility for me to at least achieve this neaw goal.

I hope to launch it at the beginning of next month.
I'll let you judge at the time, and if you want to still want this project to thrive, I'll see you then.

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes