VN Unity Ashes of War [Ch1.19] [CTStudio]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

Digital Pimp

Apr 19, 2022
I hate games with the illusion of choice. The dev allows us to make decisions, but only within the limited context and confines of his desires and designs. After hearing the MC’s wife confession, regardless of how sorry I felt for what happened to her, I wanted no more part in the marriage. The dev even dangles the local bartender in front of us later, knowing he’s not going to let us do anything. We’re literally forced to forgive the wife and continue this damaged relationship whether we want it or not. That said, the poor script writing makes the MC look like a wishy-washy chump without true conviction, and leaves us the players holding the proverbial bag.

TinFoilHat19

Dec 17, 2020
View attachment 2293794

Overview:
Thrown into a century long war between the Union and the Kingdoms, a lone starship Captain decides to rebel against his fate. Join him in his galactic journey and discover the various stories that can still bloom in the Ashes of War.
A straightforward Military Sci-fi VN for romance enthusiasts.​

Thread Updated: 2024-03-02
Release Date: 2024-03-02
Developer: Cat's Tooth Studio - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Ch1.18
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Previous saves not compatible (saves from 1.15 and beyond should be ok)
DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

View attachment 2283588 View attachment 2283589 View attachment 2283591 View attachment 2283604 View attachment 2283590 View attachment 2283606 View attachment 2460864 View attachment 2834001
Any animations?

Heroes Killer

Sep 23, 2019
CTStudio Hello, did you increase the breast size of the girls (especially Rachel)? :oops:
Personally, I prefer smaller ones, and every pair in the post on the previous page you mentioned seems huuuuuge.
I don't remember other ones, but I would swear that Rachel didn't have them THAT big, so I thought I would ask. :D

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
CTStudio Hello, did you increase the breast size of the girls (especially Rachel)? :oops:
Personally, I prefer smaller ones, and every pair in the post on the previous page you mentioned seems huuuuuge.
I don't remember other ones, but I would swear that Rachel didn't have them THAT big, so I thought I would ask. :D
Well they are a tiny bit bigger here, I'll admit. Maybe a cup. I think it appears more than what is because they're closer together.
In the CGs, her frame is wider because there's more space to work with, so her boobs are more spaced out on her body.
But she keeps medium sized boobs.
I'll see if I reduce them a bit or not.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Not a bad game. I rather enjoyed it.

We're missing vocative commas everywhere, as well as a few others, like after 'well' or before 'but'.

And here's my list of all the other stuff that needs correcting. Of course, this is not a complete list. I'm sure I overlooked some things, and I basically just took notes as I played, so anything that comes after choices I didn't pick is absent from this list.

Hope this helps.

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
1.19 is up.

This place is a pretty good place for me to stop advancing the "main plot" and begin backtracking on the existing stuff.
I want to add more character moments and iron out everything so I can give each girl a bit more depth.

Rachel and Camilla particularly need it.

I'd also like to improve the soundscape a bit, though I'm always limited on what I can have access too... Budget is budget after all.

I'm still running the and we're more than a third of the way there.
I can only ask for your help :HideThePain:
Maybe I should add NSFW figures... Hmm...

Anyway, as always, if you spot something, don't hesitate to report it, and I'll try to fix it as soon as I can.

---
Not a bad game. I rather enjoyed it.

We're missing vocative commas everywhere, as well as a few others, like after 'well' or before 'but'.

And here's my list of all the other stuff that needs correcting. Of course, this is not a complete list. I'm sure I overlooked some things, and I basically just took notes as I played, so anything that comes after choices I didn't pick is absent from this list.
Speaking of, thanks a lot. These will be very useful (not implemented the corrections yet, sorry)

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Haven't tried it yet due to space in my laptop lol... But the art looks hot! Hoping for a good story too as I'm one of them freaks that enjoy a good read lmao.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
I hate games with the illusion of choice. The dev allows us to make decisions, but only within the limited context and confines of his desires and designs. After hearing the MC’s wife confession, regardless of how sorry I felt for what happened to her, I wanted no more part in the marriage. The dev even dangles the local bartender in front of us later, knowing he’s not going to let us do anything. We’re literally forced to forgive the wife and continue this damaged relationship whether we want it or not. That said, the poor script writing makes the MC look like a wishy-washy chump without true conviction, and leaves us the players holding the proverbial bag.
what did his wife do ?

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks mate!!! that's all I need to know, to not even touch this game, the art looked good to me but I wanted someone to shed some light on the plot, since there's nothing about it in the tags, ignored.

Edited: According to the dev, none of that happens in his game, so either you've got the wrong game, or you're talking bullshit.:cautious:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tipster

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks mate!!! that's all I need to know, to not even touch this game, the art looked good to me but I wanted someone to shed some light on the plot, since there's nothing about it in the tags, ignored.
You do realize, not a single part of this message has any link with my game...
I mean, you do you.
But I have no marriage, no bartenders, no wives...
It's a war story about renegades trying to find a way to survive in a Sci-Fi setting. :KEK:
I am confused.

Last edited:

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
You do realize, not a single part of this message has any link with my game...
I mean, you do you.
But I have no marriage, no bartenders, no wives...
It's a war story about renegades trying to find a way to survive in a Sci-Fi setting. :KEK:
I am confused.
Haha, I haven't tried the game, so I didn't know, that means the guy is a troll, in which case you should report that message so he doesn't fool more people just like he did with me. That's what I get for trusting people. :cautious:

Then ignore my first comment and receive my congratulations for your art, I'm going to give your game a try, as soon as I finish a couple of things with mine. :cool: (y)

Last edited:

FreeForSpam

Jan 19, 2024
No scenes as of this update, but she will be.
Yay for Vel! Can't wait .. although I don't think Ethan will survive that.

I enjoyed the game so far - would even say its better than the Sunrider games. (Hope it stays this way)
(( but we need a proper :p jk ))

But the poor Cap needs a dick op - someone stuck a whole ass lemon into it and pretended its a gene mod.

keep up the good work & good luck with the kickstarter

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes