3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
I have never really played HHS, so I have no idea what clubs it has. Ashford Academy classic only had the cheerleading club, and that content I have ported and adapted. If there are any other clubs for Ashford Academy classic around (maybe in a mod?), I would take a look at porting them into canon... Otherwise, it will just have to wait for way later, or until somebody writes a new mod.
There were so many, ofc cheer, cooking, kendo, cosplay, eventually a maid club as well, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

IMO, cooking is covered fairly well in the cafeteria, but there is still room for a "core" group to be under clubs, maybe eventually with the food on the nude body once the deviance/inhibition reach certain levels. As I recall you said you were working on a kendo/sword club I think, and you've got a bit of cosplay in the lust enhancement class. As I recall in the original Ashford there was one girl in the dorms that wore a cosplay outfit, but that might have been a mod, not sure.

Good ideas, thank you! I will look into writing an heuristic that determines whether you have beaten the game, and then just giving something like a victory screen with stats or something. The tricky thing is, that content from mods should be able to influence that decision, so I can't just code it statically. Still, a really helpful suggestion, thank you! (y) :)
Yeah, right now I'm coasting with all stats maxed, and money building up because I have nothing left to spend it on. I finally got the "bolder" scene on the girl grabbing the other girls boobs, but at some point the scene of the girl on the school grounds that gets her skirt blow up just stopped showing up, so I never got the low inhibition version, where she asks if you liked what you saw. Again, not sure if that was original Ashford or a mod.

In Ashford Academy classic, there was an evil_points stat (hidden), but apart from enabling evil options (which outlook=='evil' stil does) the only thing that did is penalize your stats (reputation each week, if I remember correctly).
Right now outlook does not influence your stats in any way, it only limits which events are available, and may change things inside of events (either via options, or automatically).
It's just that evil options usually have a worse stat outcome (like lowering morale and/or reputation), and you don't always have a choice about it. On the other hand, the evil content just isn't accessible otherwise, and in quite a few events it is just an additional option (so a positive, just by offering up more stuff).
But as I said, evil content is neglected by me... On my pass over events for 0.5 I'll think about whether I have ideas where in individual events being evil might be an advantage, instead of penalizing. We'll see. Once again, thank you for your thoughts. :)
Meh, you can keep ignoring the evil route for a while imo, lol.

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
Does the old mod documentation still hold for v0.4.0?
You mean from Ashford Academy Classic? Yes, all mods from that should continue to work.
However, if you think about writing a mod for AAR, please, please look at the included readme.txt how to write a mod that actually uses the things which AAR provides...
(And if anything is then still unclear, feel free to ask me - either here, or over on )

Quintillian

Apr 15, 2019
You mean from Ashford Academy Classic? Yes, all mods from that should continue to work.
However, if you think about writing a mod for AAR, please, please look at the included readme.txt how to write a mod that actually uses the things which AAR provides...
(And if anything is then still unclear, feel free to ask me - either here, or over on )
Yeah, I was talking about if the readme.txt is still up to date. I'm sporadically writing a mod for AAR, so far the process has been very simple and straightforward so thank you for that. I just wanted to make sure so I can stay compatible with the update.

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
jw, but is this actually censored? I ask because the original was labled as not censored, so I am curious as to if this tag is accidental, or if it actually is and if so, why is this censored while the original wasnt?

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
jw, but is this actually censored? I ask because the original was labled as not censored, so I am curious as to if this tag is accidental, or if it actually is and if so, why is this censored while the original wasnt?
It's a mix: Some pictures are censored, some are not.
That is no different from Ashford Academy classic, so I'd say one or the other is mislabeled. :unsure:

I am trying to reduce the number of censored pictures slowly, but (since I work with preexisting pictures) that will really only be resolved once I get a workflow with DeepCreamPy or another ai decensor tool going. If anybody has experience with that and would be willing to troubleshoot with me, please speak up! (Since I tried about a year ago, and couldn't get it to work).
Of course, if anybody has the expertise and motivation to just take the existing pictures, and provide me with decensored versions, I would be eternally grateful (08/15Wixxer kindly did so for the susan+marina event pictures in 0.4)! :love:

Reactions: Rao_fork

mikeblack

Oct 10, 2017
I got two noob questions regarding creating a mod:

1. After creating a copy of the example mod folder I get following error on startup:
Code:
While parsing AshfordAcademyRedux-0.4.1-pc/game/images/testMod/data/clubs1.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'game/images/example/data/clubs.rpy', 1574204698, 100) is defined twice, at game/images/example/data/clubs.rpy:2 and game/images/testMod/data/clubs1.rpy:2.
I tried to rename files and code parts but haven't been able to figure out what exactly is still a duplicate to the example. What is to rename after creating a copy of the example mod?

2. Is the creation of a mod just with a text editor possible or does it require installation of renpy software? Especially regarding *.rpyc files as I can't edit those with a text editor.

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
I got two noob questions regarding creating a mod:

1. After creating a copy of the example mod folder I get following error on startup:
Code:
While parsing AshfordAcademyRedux-0.4.1-pc/game/images/testMod/data/clubs1.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'game/images/example/data/clubs.rpy', 1574204698, 100) is defined twice, at game/images/example/data/clubs.rpy:2 and game/images/testMod/data/clubs1.rpy:2.
I tried to rename files and code parts but haven't been able to figure out what exactly is still a duplicate to the example. What is to rename after creating a copy of the example mod?

2. Is the creation of a mod just with a text editor possible or does it require installation of renpy software? Especially regarding *.rpyc files as I can't edit those with a text editor.
You are definining the Club "fightclub" twice.

Simple suggestion: Just move the example mod folder out of the game, that way you haven't duplicated anything anymore. Start changing stuff over until you have content made by yourself and renamed or removed the examples contained in the mod. Then move the original example folder back to check that the game still runs.

A text editor is enough. When you start the game, renpy will compile any rpyc files anew as needed. :)

If you are want to create more of a development environment for yourself, you can also download renpy:
Then create a new project folder (e.g. AAR) on the same tier es the example game "the_question", and move the AAR folder "game" into it.
That way, you get the Atom Editor, and have the Ren'Py launcher where you can delete persistent data, force recompiling all rpyc files, and so on...
But again, for a start, any text editor is good enough, nothing more is needed. ;)

mikeblack

Oct 10, 2017
You are definining the Club "fightclub" twice.
I have renamed it to "fightclub1" but no renaming seems to help not the filename or code. My club file which produces the error looks like this:

Python:
init offset = -50
init python:
    current_mod="example1"

#To make the fightclub unlock appear, remove "unlockable=False" (or set it to True)

Club("fightclub1","Fight Club1",False,
        desc="""They train with swords, safely blunted of course.""",
        effect="athletics_o.inc(0.5)",upkeep_cost=0.1,
        unlock_cost="max(80-athletics,0)/4.0+5",
        unlock_cost_desc="Cheaper to unlock if students are athletic.\nMinimum:5",
        unlockable=False)
If you are want to create more of a development environment for yourself, you can also download renpy:
Then create a new project folder (e.g. AAR) on the same tier es the example game "the_question", and move the AAR folder "game" into it.
That way, you get the Atom Editor, and have the Ren'Py launcher where you can delete persistent data, force recompiling all rpyc files, and so on...
But again, for a start, any text editor is good enough, nothing more is needed. ;)
Thanks, working now with the atom editor.

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
I have renamed it to "fightclub1" but no renaming seems to help not the filename or code. My club file which produces the error looks like this:

Python:
init offset = -50
init python:
    current_mod="example1"

#To make the fightclub unlock appear, remove "unlockable=False" (or set it to True)

Club("fightclub1","Fight Club1",False,
        desc="""They train with swords, safely blunted of course.""",
        effect="athletics_o.inc(0.5)",upkeep_cost=0.1,
        unlock_cost="max(80-athletics,0)/4.0+5",
        unlock_cost_desc="Cheaper to unlock if students are athletic.\nMinimum:5",
        unlockable=False)

Thanks, working now with the atom editor.
That definition looks perfectly fine, so it is not the problem. I see that you have renamed the rpy file to clubs1.rpy.
Check that there isn't still an clubs.rpyc file in that folder. Without a corresponding rpy file, it will just stay there, causing errors...
If you have the Ren'Py Launcher, try "Force Recompile" (that just deletes all .rpyc files, causing them to be recompiled).

Edit: I was able to reproduce your error here. It's not because of a file renaming. It's caused by the rpyc files getting copied. Removing all rpyc files in the folder copy removed the errors and let the game start again (provided all other things where properly renamed).
(Interestingly though, "Force Recompile" did not work. I had to delete them by hand.)

Last edited:

mikeblack

Oct 10, 2017
Edit: I was able to reproduce your error here. Removing all rpyc files in the folder copy removed the errors and let the game start again.
(Interestingly though, "Force Recompile" did not work. I had to delete them by hand?)
Ok, deleting the rpyc files fixed it. Had as well the same issues with the force recompile but deleting them manually did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: dreamchaser

Rodita

May 22, 2017
Console Commands please? Or if i remember right...That game has a cheat mode right? How i active it?

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
When i change a variable, it return to its original value
I don't understand your problem. It is a text file. If you modify and then save it, it will keep that state.
If your computer messes with the files on your disk, something is probably deeply wrong...
Whatever your problem is, it is not AAR specific.

Reactions: SamHaim

Cromantin

Sep 15, 2020
I don't understand your problem. It is a text file. If you modify and then save it, it will keep that state.
If your computer messes with the files on your disk, something is probably deeply wrong...
Whatever your problem is, it is not AAR specific.
I am not talking the text file, i am talking the variables in game. Like i change stress, it changes back to original

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes