3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Um, from what i get from the changelog there is one new event and two expanded events, nice update...

Additionally, this changelog is a complete mess.

Naru100

Jun 13, 2017
Ain't this a blast from the past. I used to really like this game. Can't wait to see how you improve on it

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
Um, from what i get from the changelog there is one new event and two expanded events, nice update...
Yeah, if you aren't interested in the additional pictures, nor the event gallery, new event summary or balance changes, but only in new content: Don't play the new version, but instead play the old with more mods...
Or more realistically, play the new version with more mods. This release was not about adding new events. And neither will be 0.5 whenever I get that done. For the forseeable future, new events will come from mods (made by whomever steps forward to do them), or there won't be any.

I'll just reiterate that I am a programmer first, not an artist or an author (though quite a lot of text in the game is actually written by me).

Additionally, this changelog is a complete mess.
Ok, this I got to ask about. What the heck do you mean by that?

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Ok, this I got to ask about. What the heck do you mean by that?
I mean it in a structural way, not the content. It's hard to read.
For example:
- added event gallery / seen events to the game, showing all events/images/variants unlocked overall or in the current save game
- since you select the event collection by mod and by location, there is now a place where the game shows which (new-style) mods have been recognized (displayed even with no events yet unlocked)
- added name, description and variant metadata to all events
- events which are completely unlocked (all images and all variants) get a gold star in the gallery (upper right corner)
- when you load a save, the game ensures all events unlocked in the save are unlocked in the game wide gallery

This is basically one item, just segmented.

Dunno if i get my meaning across properly, English is not my first language and years on internet heavily degraded the proper English i was taught.

Reactions: dav121

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
Great to see this game is still getting updated, but am I reading this wrong or is there only 1 new event in this update?

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
I mean it in a structural way, not the content. It's hard to read.
For example:
- added event gallery / seen events to the game, showing all events/images/variants unlocked overall or in the current save game
- since you select the event collection by mod and by location, there is now a place where the game shows which (new-style) mods have been recognized (displayed even with no events yet unlocked)
- added name, description and variant metadata to all events
- events which are completely unlocked (all images and all variants) get a gold star in the gallery (upper right corner)
- when you load a save, the game ensures all events unlocked in the save are unlocked in the game wide gallery

This is basically one item, just segmented.

Dunno if i get my meaning across properly, English is not my first language and years on internet heavily degraded the proper English i was taught.
Yeah, I'll grant you that. Maybe I could have formatted that better, but I didn't want to make a single bullet point too long. And if I just wrote that as "- event gallery added", there'd be kind of a lot of information missing. I mean, at a certain point I could just reduce the changelog to "- improved the game". That would be supremely readable, but kinda miss all the interesting details, no? :rolleyes:

Great to see this game is still getting updated, but am I reading this wrong or is there only 1 new event in this update?
Yes. This update is not about new events.

Can I use old mods with new version?
Yes, you can.

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
Are there community girl packs for this game?
There is the Combined Event Pack, which is basically a combining and repacking of the main mods made for Ashford Academy Classic, but verified by 08/15Wixxer to work together with AAR without problems. I recommend it for everybody who is disappointed that there are too few events in the base game.
It basically doubles the amount of content.

As far as I know, nobody has yet written mods to the new API of AAR. There is a small mod named "Example" bundled with the game to demonstrate and serve as a template (together with an extended readme.txt). And I provide the very simple mod (written by me, also contained in the folder maintained_mods in the game) which makes the game easier by providing weekly stat boosts.

Last edited:
Reactions: joethebeast

Roe1961

Jan 25, 2018
So, I've played hentai highschool. how different is it from this?
It's a more streamlined management version of HHS+.
No real individual students and teachers, which go to school and to their classes. No pta meetings, no wandering around in town etc. Just three timeslots per day you fill with visting cetain parts of your school and experiencing whatever happens there and then the stats of your school change.

Reactions: kinda

FifouWeb

Apr 26, 2018
Funny game.

I got the followin error :

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/dse-schedule.rpy", line 62, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/script/classes/event.rpy", line 466, in script call
    call run_event(events.pop(0),True) from _call_run_event_1
  File "game/script/classes/event.rpy", line 429, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/images/canon/events/sensuality.rpy", line 227, in script
    $ inhibition_d.dec(0.4)
  File "game/images/canon/events/sensuality.rpy", line 227, in <module>
    $ inhibition_d.dec(0.4)
NameError: name 'inhibition_d' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script/dse-schedule.rpy", line 62, in script call
    call events_run_period from _call_events_run_period
  File "game/script/classes/event.rpy", line 466, in script call
    call run_event(events.pop(0),True) from _call_run_event_1
  File "game/script/classes/event.rpy", line 429, in script call
    call expression _event from call_expression_event_1
  File "game/images/canon/events/sensuality.rpy", line 227, in script
    $ inhibition_d.dec(0.4)
  File "G:\MEGAsync Downloads\AshfordAcademyRedux-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\MEGAsync Downloads\AshfordAcademyRedux-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/images/canon/events/sensuality.rpy", line 227, in <module>
    $ inhibition_d.dec(0.4)
NameError: name 'inhibition_d' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ashford Academy Redux 0.4.0
Sun Jan 03 21:02:21 2021

XBlank1

Dec 9, 2018
I unfortunately have to play on android. How ever link download doesn't seem to be working so. Please help

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes