3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

xavierroy232

Jun 7, 2019
So with the site down is this project going down too because it's a great game with a lot of potential that I want to see to the end.

Reactions: Sword26

jerx360

Feb 12, 2018
Hold on more, I found this thread on new HHS fromus:
TLDR: Ashford says it possible that he will make new Academy, and here is new version (don't work with mods):
And there Ashford himself says:

First post:
I'm happy you enjoyed it.
In short, I didn't spend any time on it for years, and then a better programmer with more energy started working on Ashford Academy Redux. With a bit of luck we might see a new version of AAR, but I have no insight or contact with that version.

One issue with the development of the original game was me doing the majority of work, except for proofreading and some story/text made by another person.

Cheers,
Ash
Second Post:
Quote from: Regardie on Oct 15, 2022, 07:31 PM I guess the next question is do you have access to the game files and would you be willing to post your latest version here for posterity?
Sure, here you go:

Please keep in mind that it probably differs quite a lot from earlier versions, so I guess mods won't work. There are multiple different changes from the last version I shared in 2018, but nothing major I guess. There's a lot of unused code from ideas I started but never finished, but anything too broken should at least be disabled.

I updated it to the latest version of renpy/python3, and fixed all obvious issues I found while testing.

If you find any bugs or issues, I might fix them if they seem somewhat easy, but I probably won't do any major work.

Cheers,
Ash

Last edited:

Ashford

Feb 11, 2018
Hold on more, I found this thread on new HHS fromus:
TLDR: Ashford says it possible that he will make new Academy, and here is new version (don't work with mods):
And there Ashford himself says:

First post:

Second Post:
Oh, hello there!

I'm happy people still care about the game after all these years. But to clarify, don't expect any major changes or fixes. I just try to make sure it works as good as possible for those of you who still show interest.

I also posted here on F95, and if you find any issues feel free to post feedback in that thread https://f95zone.to/threads/ashford-academy-2018-06-26-ashford.607/post-9205112

Cheers,
Ash

Scurvy

Aug 16, 2018
So wait, is the 2022-10-18 version a new version of the original Ashford Academy or the Redux? Because if it's of the original one, should it really replace the link for the 0.5.3. Redux in this thread? Or do they contain the same files and the 10-18 is a slightly fixed one from Redux?

Also, I'd like to give personal thanks to you for the original, Ashford. Spent a lot of time in it, great game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ashford

Ashford

Feb 11, 2018
So wait, is the 2022-10-18 version a new version of the original Ashford Academy or the Redux? Because if it's of the original one, should it really replace the link for the 0.5.3. Redux in this thread? Or do they contain the same files and the 10-18 is a slightly fixed one from Redux?

Also, I'd like to give personal thanks to you for the original, Ashford. Spent a lot of time in it, great game.
Thank you Scurvy.
The 2022-10-18 version that jerx360 and I linked too is for the old, non-Redux version. It shouldn't replace any link in this thread.

Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,
Ash

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Bruh tbh I'd be happy just with a pack of new images, I'd replay this shit in a heartbeat. Don't even care for any overarching storyline. Maybe an addition of some new school buildings to switch up the pictures a bit. Maybe Ashford University :love:

A pipe dream, I know, but one can dream.

slexywexy

Dec 6, 2017
wait so is the download is for 10-18? and not redux? why did that happen ive been trying to get this to work for like 30 minutes with mods. does anyone have the correct download link for the correct game still?

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Honestly, the little 4 event long story lines in this really made this game quite memorable. I hope someone does something with it in future, the gameplay really doesn't need to be too complex honestly, that's never been the point of this game to me.

IWRB

Jan 19, 2018
Has anyone come across a problem with the gallery and not being able to see all past events. I am only able to see the first event in locations play even though I have unlocked all the other options. Is there a way to fix this?

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes