3.10 star(s) 20 Votes

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I feel like all the other characters belong in a different game, Anna's model is so much better than all the others

f95zone

Jul 27, 2017
Im not using Renpy so I lack inside knowledge still, would it be possible to have a function as to "update" a save game ?
It has been done for twine game in any case (Free cities, who has not got an update for the main develloper for some month now, but is updated from hgg at a quite frequent rate (happen whith @Anon, 3 main known source, probably quite some more from time to time).
A save game is just a bunch of variables with their associated values. Think of a save game as some kind of TODO list where each point can be checked or not. As the story progresses new points get added to that list depending on which points you have checked and which one you dont. That loop continues. For example giving dad the photos will introduce a whole lot of other variables down the line (like who accompanies him to the cottage, etc) . A lot more than if you told him to repair the PC.

When a new version comes there is typically the following cases:
You pick up the story where you left the last time. This is the typical episodic format. Usually thats easy because you know which variables can be set and can continue from the given state.
It gets bad when you changed the past and removed some choices. E.G. you gave the photos to the school friend (a choice that got removed). Now you have (simplified, the actual code is a single int variable with values from 1- about 15 talk about ugly programming :) ) photos at friend checked. In the new version that variable will never be read again, because it would not be written if you started from the beginning. Thats why you have to restart Summertime Saga because they keep touching past quest lines. But that happens in AAA development too, thats why stories hardly ever get patched after release.

You could write a migration script. It shouldn't be that hard, but I guess most of the time it wouldnt help. E.G. if the friend has them the script could automatically set the photos variable to "Give it to the father". Would that confuse people? Wouldn't 50% of the people rage right away because the NTR way is the new default? Also its an effort to implement, because you have to find a migration strategy for each new, updated or deleted flag. I guess for a game with effective playtime of 30 Minutes with walkthrough adding 2 man days of effort is just too much.

Reactions: seden and Viatovic

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
I feel like all the other characters belong in a different game, Anna's model is so much better than all the others
*wracks brain for someone named Anna in the game*

Hey, it might be that the other characters are actually in a different game.

U

User_10739

Didn't do photoshoot with Tasha cause I had no money to buy the props, playing later on Dad talks about some photoshoot done with Tasha Tanya and Ala then he starts taking pics of her at the cottage???

That walkthrough doesn't seem to work for me and what about that PC Repair Dad lockout thing, when does that freaking happen??? Too bad you can't pick names for the characters or I'd name the Dad Eric cause he's pretty much the same douchebag...

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
Didn't do photoshoot with Tasha cause I had no money to buy the props, playing later on Dad talks about some photoshoot done with Tasha Tanya and Ala then he starts taking pics of her at the cottage???

That walkthrough doesn't seem to work for me and what about that PC Repair Dad lockout thing, when does that freaking happen??? Too bad you can't pick names for the characters or I'd name the Dad Eric cause he's pretty much the same douchebag...
Sigh...
If you choosed a path that has no been worked on yet, what did you expect?
If you don't ask Dad for money, you don't get X content, it's that simple.

Obviously, at this stage, there are things still to be worked, like Dad later on talking about an event that you didn't let happen.

And don't make me laugh... Alex and David are both assholes.
The first one is a crying babe with no moves, no stamina that is trying to cuckold his own dad.
The latter one is a adulterous fucker, that has a cheating wife that doesn't want to give him a threesome.
I get that you have a favourite one, but c'mon, neither one is a saint.

Also, if you hate the dad SO MUCH... why the fuck are you going to the cottage with him? You can skip weekends, you know?

Goobercreek

Aug 6, 2016
pictures from 2.1
I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have this old batch of images from the second RPGMaker version of the game lying about? Even that version of the game itself could work.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have this old batch of images from the second RPGMaker version of the game lying about? Even that version of the game itself could work.
Most of them are same like the Ren'Py version.Here almost all that did not make it in second edition.Alex actualy use some of them but from different perspective.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Goobercreek

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks man!

Seems interesting that there has been a lot cut in regards to peeping on Tasha in her room. I wonder why that decision was made?

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
I didn't know those renders existed...
Man, if the dev re-installed them, the beginning of the game would feel less empty.
Plus, they reinforced the personalities of the MCs... David being a bastard and Alex being a creep.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I honestly don't have a problem with the MCs being assholes, some of the best characters in TV and movies are bad people.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I honestly don't have a problem with the MCs being assholes, some of the best characters in TV and movies are bad people.
Well I mean a lot of people really don't feel great about actually being the bad guy since very few games(*cough*thelastofus*cough*) actually have you being the piece of shit person in the end, so it always comes as a bit of a shock when it happens.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Well even Geralt is not saint but he is more human than some monsters in humans skin.Just get the 4 book/Time of Contempt/ once more.I like the new edition.Wow they realy this year translate the last book on english?I remember read one small story like 20 years ago-

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Always kind of wild that the mutant monster slayer is the most fully formed human ever put into a video game pretty much.

Reactions: saolo996

Module

Jul 19, 2017
Guys, how to cheat "Tasha's passion for david"? I use save editor, but didn't found right parameter.

And god, time-based gameplay is sucks so much.

3.10 star(s) 20 Votes