zwere

Mar 27, 2020
6 years for a small game like this? No. 1 year would be a stretch. You had japanese devs making several games that have more length and have more scenes in the same time.
I'd be surprised if any of these devs you mention:
A) Have single digit contributors to the project
B) Are completely indie, even having a publisher that supports indie devs is a huge deal
C) Don't churn out RPGMaker slop, I don't care how much quantity they output if it's another generic, uninspired nothingburger

At least give several examples of developers that release anything of similar quality to Aurelia yearly. And aren't part of a massive company.

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
It's true, but quality also matters. Japense game usually have terrible writing and censored generic anime art. Add to it MTL and you get unplayable crap.
Also Aurelia is almost completed, so it dosen't really matter how long it took. Just don't play unfinished games and don't support anyone on Patreon. When he gets full game on Steam - buy it.
Lots of groundless assumptions on your part I must say. Maybe if you take like really the worst games you'd have something like this. Most Kagura releases easily trump Mirthals game. In fluent English with tons of gameplay mechanics.
so it dosen't really matter how long it took.
Hahah yes it does, oh yes it does. I'm gonna pirate it like most people do.
I'd be surprised if any of these devs you mention:
A) Have single digit contributors to the project
B) Are completely indie, even having a publisher that supports indie devs is a huge deal
C) Don't churn out RPGMaker slop, I don't care how much quantity they output if it's another generic, uninspired nothingburger

At least give several examples of developers that release anything of similar quality to Aurelia yearly. And aren't part of a massive company.
Sounds like a lot of cope to me, all these asian devs started somewhere. Acerola, Fullflap, Clymenia, Miel, Alicesoft and so on all make better, longer games and need much less time.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Most Kagura releases easily trump Mirthals game.
Half of them female protagonist ntr crap. And another quarter is generic rpgm asset flip. There is just 2-3 good ones.
Hahah yes it does, oh yes it does. I'm gonna pirate it like most people do.
I won't try to defend buying games on pirate site like some retards do, so you do you.
For me it's just a way to support developer, get cloud saves and more convinient install.

Reactions: Barriola

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
Half of them female protagonist ntr crap. And another quarter is generic rpgm asset flip. There is just 2-3 good ones.

I won't try to defend buying games on pirate site like some retards do, so you do you.
For me it's just a way to support developer, get cloud saves and more convinient install.
Well then disregarding your very specific tastes, 2-3 good ones are still better than... eh.... none in Mirthals case. We still wait for the release of his one singular title.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Well then disregarding your very specific tastes, 2-3 good ones are still better than... eh.... none in Mirthals case.
I enjoyed current build of Aurelia more than any Kagura game, so it's already worth it. Will be even better on release (if Mirthal hadn't lied about amount of content he planned)

• Hey there
Reactions: VannDeVries

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Lots of groundless assumptions on your part I must say. Maybe if you take like really the worst games you'd have something like this. Most Kagura releases easily trump Mirthals game. In fluent English with tons of gameplay mechanics.
Kagura is a publishing company. A major one as far as NSFW games go. Making this point twofold irrelevant, as not only they don't make games directly, but it's a whole team of people.
Sounds like a lot of cope to me, all these asian devs started somewhere. Acerola, Fullflap, Clymenia, Miel, Alicesoft and so on all make better, longer games and need much less time.
And that's just dismissing the point really. Most of these are still somewhat generic anime art, which is gonna be faster to make than the kind of stuff Mirthal does. I don't know enough about those developers to say with any certainty, but I don't think all of these are completely independent solo devs either.
Could Aurelia be done faster? Probably, we don't have surveillance over Mirthal's life to know exactly though. There are devs that do less in more time.
Another thing about japanese games is that for the most part, unlike the subscription models they are only paid for at release. There are several conclusions that could be made from that, but I ain't a market analyst to say anything with confidence here.

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
Most Kagura releases easily trump Mirthals game.
You just compared a publisher to a developer. :KEK: "Yo bro, Microsoft are so much better at releasing games than the guy that made Stardew Valley, what a loser amirite?"
Look, it would at least make for an interesting back and forth if you weren't so obviously clueless about the industry you're trying to represent. The only connection between the names you rattled off, that I can surmise at least, is that you've gooned to their releases. Both Alicesoft and Miel's parent company have been in the industry since the early 90s, to the other three the only thing I can say is lmao. Sounds like the cope comment was pure projection. Anyways, you made yourself look like a clown so feel free to shout into the wind if you want to keep going, but I don't see any point arguing with you since you're just gonna smugly reject any argument.

Nerozm

Nov 13, 2017
there goes the "It will be released before Elden Ring DLC"
few more months of milking money from patreon dumbasses until it will be delayed to Q4 of 2024

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
You just compared a publisher to a developer. :KEK: "Yo bro, Microsoft are so much better at releasing games than the guy that made Stardew Valley, what a loser amirite?"

Look, it would at least make for an interesting back and forth if you weren't so obviously clueless about the industry you're trying to represent. The only connection between the names you rattled off, that I can surmise at least, is that you've gooned to their releases. Both Alicesoft and Miel's parent company have been in the industry since the early 90s, to the other three the only thing I can say is lmao. Sounds like the cope comment was pure projection. Anyways, you made yourself look like a clown so feel free to shout into the wind if you want to keep going, but I don't see any point arguing with you since you're just gonna smugly reject any argument.
Kagura is a publishing company. A major one as far as NSFW games go. Making this point twofold irrelevant, as not only they don't make games directly, but it's a whole team of people.

And that's just dismissing the point really. Most of these are still somewhat generic anime art, which is gonna be faster to make than the kind of stuff Mirthal does. I don't know enough about those developers to say with any certainty, but I don't think all of these are completely independent solo devs either.
Could Aurelia be done faster? Probably, we don't have surveillance over Mirthal's life to know exactly though. There are devs that do less in more time.
Another thing about japanese games is that for the most part, unlike the subscription models they are only paid for at release. There are several conclusions that could be made from that, but I ain't a market analyst to say anything with confidence here.
You guys crawled up Mirthals asshole so much, you see light on the other end and think this is a normal way of life. Whenever Mirthal opens his mouth, the sun shines for you, it must be some kind of divine sign from god for you guys.
Kagura is mainly translating games, they're publishing these games in the West but the developers themselves usually were already well known before Kagura even saw the light of day. Many of these games that Kagura released had fluent english fan translations before Kagura even existed. I pointed out Kagura not because they're devs but because they release professionally translated games from these well known japanese developers.
Playing retarded and pointing out the obvious that Kagura is indeed a publishing company, while purposely ignoring that these devs Kagura works with are all bigger shots than Mirthal, doesn't make you look particularly smart, lemme tell you.
Why does it matter if Alicesoft or Miel started somewhere in the 90s? They started out small just like your gay love Mirthal. But they actually delivered and grew with time. Because they deserved it.
Or calling everything "generic" anime art. That's like calling Mirthals artstyle "generic" retro art. Which by the way is pixel art at the end of the day, which is in fact much easier to do than "generic" anime art.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
You guys crawled up Mirthals asshole so much, you see light on the other end and think this is a normal way of life. Whenever Mirthal opens his mouth, the sun shines for you, it must be some kind of divine sign from god for you guys.
Kagura is mainly translating games, they're publishing these games in the West but the developers themselves usually were already well known before Kagura even saw the light of day. Many of these games that Kagura released had fluent english fan translations before Kagura even existed. I pointed out Kagura not because they're devs but because they release professionally translated games from these well known japanese developers.
Playing retarded and pointing out the obvious that Kagura is indeed a publishing company, while purposely ignoring that these devs Kagura works with are all bigger shots than Mirthal, doesn't make you look particularly smart, lemme tell you.
Why does it matter if Alicesoft or Miel started somewhere in the 90s? They started out small just like your gay love Mirthal. But they actually delivered and grew with time. Because they deserved it.
Or calling everything "generic" anime art. That's like calling Mirthals artstyle "generic" retro art. Which by the way is pixel art at the end of the day, which is in fact much easier to do than "generic" anime art.
So in short you shift the blame of providing a bad example onto others "misinterpreting" it instead, alongside many other unnecessary comments. If that was what you meant, you should've been clearer about it.
As I said, I think Aurelia probably could be developed faster, but can't tell how much so without a direct insight into Mirthals workflow and life. And if being a little sceptical but optimistic makes me an asscralwer in your eyes, goodness forbid seeing what you'd say about someone actually fanboying.
Additionally, pixelart isn't easier than other kinds of art by any means, not by principle, unless we're talking really small size canvas. Having less pixels doesn't mean you're putting less work into them. It's gonna come down to style and techniques used, and within that you can easily have pixel art taking a lot longer than traditionally sized art, because it takes different methods to achieve the end result.

Jan 21, 2022
So in short you shift the blame of providing a bad example onto others "misinterpreting" it instead, alongside many other unnecessary comments. If that was what you meant, you should've been clearer about it.
As I said, I think Aurelia probably could be developed faster, but can't tell how much so without a direct insight into Mirthals workflow and life. And if being a little sceptical but optimistic makes me an asscralwer in your eyes, goodness forbid seeing what you'd say about someone actually fanboying.
Additionally, pixelart isn't easier than other kinds of art by any means, not by principle, unless we're talking really small size canvas. Having less pixels doesn't mean you're putting less work into them. It's gonna come down to style and techniques used, and within that you can easily have pixel art taking a lot longer than traditionally sized art, because it takes different methods to achieve the end result.

I think this guyprefers quantity over quality over the other, so much so that they don't understand the other,or just an average anime hentai slop defender.

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
You're so lost in the sauce you can neither make a coherent argument nor comprehend one, so I'll respond appropriately. L Rizz + ratio + your mom owns you lil bro.

• Love
Reactions: Artix0

sanshisan

Jun 20, 2022
some schizoposting
The art of this game is already done and all there was is final testing and balancing, there is a minuscule chance the artist is polishing up stuff considering we know how the dev communicates with him and that they both are a nice team. This may mean that they add animations to all the minor sex scenes. But its also realistic to acknowledge that we don't know any of that. Its reasonable to think that they polish things up just it is reasonable to assume that they do absolutely nothing for 3-6 months because the publisher is absolutely ass and the game is postponed for no real reason other than fucking up their next investment while sitting on the patreon money which is at least somewhat stable income. I honestly assume that because there is a lot of money involved the publisher forces them to wait. I go so far as to say that you can forget about this game until November. Hyping up this release even though its done is what also does seem reasonable from a pure publishing standpoint for obvious reasons, albeit very anti consumer and just plain retarded. And in case you miss my point, this is all about drumming up support since the more people know that this highly anticipated sexgame is gonna hit steam the better it is for them.

No need to project your emotional involvement into this shit like some retarded fuck. I already told in a previous comment when this game comes out, because thats just common sense. All you guys can do relax and wait and not worry about garbage that is out of you guys control anyway.

bingalinga

Aug 5, 2023
there goes the "It will be released before Elden Ring DLC"
few more months of milking money from patreon dumbasses until it will be delayed to Q4 of 2024
You talk like he is making a fortune, buying mansions and riding on yatchs. Are you on his patreon? Or just leeching in forums like this and whining ?
I for one don't care about waiting since I'm not paying anything.

4.80 star(s) 164 Votes