mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Looks quite good so far. How much content is there thus far in the v0.1?
If you pick the female protagonist, you will play the dominant part. I feel like the tags "submissive female" and "dominant protagonist" would clarify that, but alas, I have to work with what I have.
And no, the MC will always be dominant.

Added a disclaimer to the OP, since I don't want to bait people with bad tag usage.
I think you should also clarify that you choose whether to play as female or male at the start of the game.
Often (I would even say usually) multiple protagonist tags are due to switching POV mid game or the protagonist magically transforming to change their gender mid game. Actual character customization at game start is relatively rarer.

Reactions: feierflei

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
Looks quite good so far. How much content is there thus far in the v0.1?

I think you should also clarify that you choose whether to play as female or male at the start of the game.
Often (I would even say usually) multiple protagonist tags are due to switching POV mid game or the protagonist magically transforming to change their gender mid game. Actual character customization at game start is relatively rarer.
At the beginning of the game you can choose to play as female or male, the chosen gender will be the protagonist of the game.

Reactions: $@~ and TheDevian

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Something new from feierflei is exciting. Sunville is among my favorites so I had to see what's up with this one.

The most important thing to me in any story is the character writing. And I love the characters in Auriga Nine already. To the point where I'm almost sad that Sunville's characters don't live up to this new standard. It might be because of the more serious tone in Auriga Nine and the chosen plot involving politics, economy and crime which forces the characters into situations with conflict. Not to say that a light tone isn't conducive to good character writing, but conflict usually brings out something in people that wouldn't otherwise be apparent.
I love the different reactions to the protagonist's role as commander and how each of the characters adapt. I love the disagreements. And I also love that none of it devolves into blackmail, corruption or any kind of serious malice. Despite their differences and reluctance, the characters are forced into the same boat and have to make it work somehow.

The scene where you get Sam to be less of an asshole was honestly one of the best scenes I've seen in anything available on F95. It is not only logical within the plot but also uses it as fuel for the interaction, it respects the characters within, it reveals their personalities a little more to the reader and it changes the dynamic between them in such a satisfying way that Sam instantly became my favorite character.
I hope there is more of this caliber of interaction between the characters in the future. You've shown me what you can do and now I need more.
Thank you so much for this massive review :oops:
And I'm happy to hear that you like the characters so much. They've been a lot of fun to write, and as you said, with the more serious setting, I can go to places I would never in Sunville, so it's been a breath of fresh air in more ways than one. And helped me massively with getting un-stuck in Sunville xD

Those relationship stats make me a little worried. I really hope the intent isn't to turn all of these strongly characterized people into obedient slaves without their own will. I hope a balance can be struck between their personalities and one of the obvious main kinks presented here being domination. I haven't gone through making different choices to see if there are consequences so I have to wonder if the choices are only there to maximize relationship stats or if there is a serious benefit to, say, keeping affection low for any of the girls and get different scenes.
The relationship stats will mostly be a measure of character plot progression and willingness to put on kinky outfits, nothing along the lines of brainwashing. Not my style. xD
Statwise, it's entirely possible to "make up" for choices made during events with side and random events. However, many of them set background variables that influence the plot, some minor, some... well, not major, but noticeable.
Keeping stats low will do nothing for you, the higher, the better.

Management games aren't my thing so it's hard for me to say if it's good or not. I found myself getting bored of looking everywhere for people to talk to only to end up concluding I should go to my room and "advance time" instead. Over and over again. Maybe I will be less unimpressed in future versions with more content and more finished gameplay features? I hope so.
Yeah, there's a distinct lack of non-story "fluff" content right now, and I'll be doing my best to remedy that over coming releases. But you will still have to deal with extended periods of hitting "advance time", since it's just impossible for me to fill the potentially hundreds of days with non-repeating interesting content.

I was very annoyed that I had to click the middle of the screen every time the MC says anything. I don't see the point of making everything the protagonist says a "choice" even when there is no choice. It makes skipping with Ctrl unnecessarily painful. Was it for immersion? Didn't work for me.
That's something others have criticized before, but I'm not going to change it, because I personally like how it feels.
EDIT: I'll be looking into ways to make the single choices get automatically picked while holding down ctrl. I assume it's possible, just need to figure out how.

Because of the structure and gameplay I don't think I will be playing every new version that comes out as I do with Sunville. But I have high hopes for the story and will certainly have to come back to see what's going on with these girls. I love them.
Yeah, I had already assumed that a significant portion of Sunville enjoyers wouldn't have much fun with the gameplay. It's very different, and to be honest, a large part of it is just me flexing my "dev muscles" to contrast the coding atrophy that is Sunville xD
Still, I am very happy to hear that you'll be checking in on the girls again! :giggle:

Last edited:

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Good call, clarified it. I just hope the disclaimer blurb didn't get so long that nobody is actually reading it anymore xD I'll have to think of better phrasing later.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Please, please, please get rid of the "single choices" and make them normal dialog. It's annoying AF to click through the text via mouse just because of these instead of the ability to use the spacebar. They don't serve any purpose, because at this point they're mostly the text of the MC. That's at least the first impression, more may follow later, after finishing the version, in a seperate post or in this as an edit.

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
just death.jpg
Whoever taught her the ways of snu snu has got it the wrong way round. Shatter my pelvis before my skull.
Also, I see unit statistics in the last screenshot. What's the combat like?

Aarghvark

Feb 25, 2019
Very promising. A few issues I ran into:

1. I was able to talk to Sam about life support before given the quest to do that. Not sure if that's a problem (I rolled back).

2. Ada's Obedience fell because of wardrobe choices, and I had to cheat to get it back up to trigger her event. At that point meeting her wearing a towel gave only +1 Obedience, probably because of high Exhibitionism.

3. Juno's "Captain (no jacket)" outfit is broken - her tits are out. I don't mind, but pretty sure it wasn't like that before, and she shouldn't be agreeing to be wearing that just yet.

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
1. I was able to talk to Sam about life support before given the quest to do that. Not sure if that's a problem (I rolled back).
That's not an issue, that step in the quest will just be skipped. You can talk to her whenever you want after she tells you to discuss life support.

2. Ada's Obedience fell because of wardrobe choices, and I had to cheat to get it back up to trigger her event. At that point meeting her wearing a towel gave only +1 Obedience, probably because of high Exhibitionism.
Yeah, stat balancing isn't optimal yet. You can try taking her to the bar though, preferrably in her off-shoulder top, for some extra stats and repeatable events.

3. Juno's "Captain (no jacket)" outfit is broken - her tits are out. I don't mind, but pretty sure it wasn't like that before, and she shouldn't be agreeing to be wearing that just yet.
That only happens if her lust is very high. The girls have different images depending on their mood, and her mood is "horny" xD It will reset if you sleep with her.
But yeah, I'll probably redo the "horny" image for that outfit, and a few others. They were among the first I made and I changed the outfit system around quite a bit.

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
Shouldn't there be a species name for Shel? Like, koramite or something along those lines.

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes