luxxord

Feb 5, 2020
I guess I'm one of the few people who actually likes the management part of the game. Did some testing and found some issues.

You've created this positive feedback loop where reputation -> traders -> more reputation -> more traders. But this also decreases the number of pirates who visit by too much, which means its nearly impossible to decrease reputation. I have 40 rep and even at full blast broadcast to pirates, I don't get enough to reduce rep. Meanwhile, I'm getting raided left and right at high rep.

The issue with the broadcast is that it only increases visitors by a fixed amount per tier so I have hanger spots that are wasting space unless I go full blast on the broadcast, which again increases raids. I think there should be a passive increase in visitors that the broadcast can either increase or decrease. +5, +10, +15 traders / day = -2, -4, -6 pirates /day and vice versa.

Some other minor issues:

Lab research is too costly for such low improvements. +0.5% - 2% is not worth it.

Hotel is operating at a loss around - 400 credits / day. Cheap-ass travelers don't spend enough. I want to space them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: feierflei

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I guess I'm one of the few people who actually likes the management part of the game. Did some testing and found some issues.

You've created this positive feedback loop where reputation -> traders -> more reputation -> more traders. But this also decreases the number of pirates who visit by too much, which means its nearly impossible to decrease reputation. I have 40 rep and even at full blast broadcast to pirates, I don't get enough to reduce rep. Meanwhile, I'm getting raided left and right at high rep.
To decrease reputation, either pay off the pirates raiding you, or go to Shel in Admin and order her to confiscate some trader wares. This will cause a drop in rep as well as a 99% reduction in traders for a few days, meaning you have ample time to get it lower still.

The issue with the broadcast is that it only increases visitors by a fixed amount per tier so I have hanger spots that are wasting space unless I go full blast on the broadcast, which again increases raids. I think there should be a passive increase in visitors that the broadcast can either increase or decrease. +5, +10, +15 traders / day = -2, -4, -6 pirates /day and vice versa.
  • The additional hangar spots are mostly a failsafe. They were originally half as many and I only upped them for the 0.1 release since I ran into a full hangar way too often during testing, when ads coincided with positive random events.
  • The broadcast increases the incoming traffic by a percentage, while reducing incoming traffic from other sources by a percentage, all while significantly increasing raid risk.
  • Advertisement is a rather shoddy system that I created during an inspired, albeit heavily sleep-deprived episode, so I'll rework it in coming versions. I very much appreciate your feedback.
Lab research is too costly for such low improvements. +0.5% - 2% is not worth it.
It is intended as a late-game money sink, since the improvements are deceptively strong, and scale excellently with defensive upgrades. Especially the shield/hull strength and hitrates. So I will probably keep it that way, with maybe a few price nerfs for early research.

Hotel is operating at a loss around - 400 credits / day. Cheap-ass travelers don't spend enough. I want to space them.
Yeah, I f'ed up the hotel values. Will fix them for next version - the travellers were intended as "cash cows", and they very definitely do not fit the bill at the moment xD

Again, thank you very much for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Is there any way currently in-game to get the scene with both Ada and Juno cuddling with the MC (as shown in the preview images)? I've got them both up to Lust 100, but I get the Night door buzz one after the other, and in every combination I can find, it's only ever one or the other.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is there any way currently in-game to get the scene with both Ada and Juno cuddling with the MC (as shown in the preview images)? I've got them both up to Lust 100, but I get the Night door buzz one after the other, and in every combination I can find, it's only ever one or the other.
Only way I have seen it so far, is when you get woken up by an attack, then they all 3 go back to bed.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
going from 1% chance to hit per shot, to 2% chance to hit per shot, is in fact doubling your accuracy. effectively a +100% increase to accuracy. equivalent to doubling your defensive module quantity (and thus anti fighter gun quantity).

part of the issue is that the author incorrectly uses % instead of %p

I get the feeling lab stuff is supposed to be lategame. when you have so many levels that a few %p make a big difference

utterdrong

Dec 7, 2017
It's a minor thing, but I find that the essentially first-person perspective makes the MC a lot less engaging than Sunville's. You only ever see him/her for the sex scenes, so any emoting is purely done via dialogue.

Well, to be fair, these are different genres. I get that this is meant to be more of a player avatar than a character. I think I just prefer Sunville's pseudo-third-person style.

Nov 21, 2017
Only way I have seen it so far, is when you get woken up by an attack, then they all 3 go back to bed.
So then since I'm at the end of the current game I just have to spam days until I get a random attack at night?

edit: welp, basically as soon as I posted this I got the image XD

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tiur

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
So then since I'm at the end of the current game I just have to spam days until I get a random attack at night?

See? That's exactly what happened to me. Feierflei clearly has a button to press--when someone posts about that image here, it triggers a night attack in their game.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

See? That's exactly what happened to me. Feierflei clearly has a button to press--when someone posts about that image here, it triggers a night attack in their game.
Well, if you advertise to the max (and have the right rep), you will get attacked almost every day (it was every day for me), so, it should be a common enough occurrence.

Aarghvark

Feb 25, 2019
That only happens if her lust is very high. The girls have different images depending on their mood, and her mood is "horny" xD It will reset if you sleep with her.
But yeah, I'll probably redo the "horny" image for that outfit, and a few others. They were among the first I made and I changed the outfit system around quite a bit.
That's fine, just the issue is, she will refuse to wear more revealing outfits... which are in fact less revealing, because she is running around with tits out. Which is confusing, so I assumed it's a bug.

You had to cheat? You got cheats? Don't be holding out on us!

Feb 5, 2018
Call me confused. I'm on Day 57 and slowly grinding to advance the Sam (She doesn't hate me any longer) and Ada quests. My Reputation is 36. For a while now, The Empire has been attacking me with 0 ships. What's up with that? At least pirate attacks let me salvage so I end up with credits. I must be missing something but am slowly lowering my Reputation (down from 40) to see if that works.

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Call me confused. I'm on Day 57 and slowly grinding to advance the Sam (She doesn't hate me any longer) and Ada quests. My Reputation is 36. For a while now, The Empire has been attacking me with 0 ships. What's up with that? At least pirate attacks let me salvage so I end up with credits. I must be missing something but am slowly lowering my Reputation (down from 40) to see if that works.
That's a bug with the advertisement system. My guess is that you've got (pirate) advertisement active, which increases Empire raid chance - but because your reputation is so high, the game considers the Empire threat level to be 0, so you get 0 enemy ships which I really should have thought of when implementing the ad system :HideThePain:

Also, if you want to increase Sam's affection, take her to the bar. ^^

Feb 5, 2018
That's a bug with the advertisement system. My guess is that you've got (pirate) advertisement active, which increases Empire raid chance - but because your reputation is so high, the game considers the Empire threat level to be 0, so you get 0 enemy ships which I really should have thought of when implementing the ad system :HideThePain:

Also, if you want to increase Sam's affection, take her to the bar. ^^
Yes, it was broadcasting for pirates. It is now on intensity 5 for Travellers. Thanks!

I've taken Sam to the bar (Level 5) several times and that's helped.

Feb 5, 2018
I got that scene today after defeating a pirate raid. I can also confirm that the scene is repeatable.

Last edited:

Ale3

Mar 16, 2021
Got hit myself from the 'Wait for the next version' message, unfortunately. Day 20 (don't care for upgrade now).
Oh well, a new potential gem we got in this game, thanks to our boy Feie :love:.
Now, let me goingback, waiting for some more Sunville updates :BootyTime:

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 14 Votes