boobthief

May 25, 2017
"You're asking when you can play the game for free? Just go to the patreon and subscribe to the $50 a month tier to get the alpha." I'm a huge fan of the game, but I hardly think it's unreasonable to ask when the game will be free on a site for free games. Would like to specify that if I had the spare money I'd support but some of us are broke out here. Thank you for making the game in general disciple and I'm stoked for it whenever it comes.
You can for as little as $3 and get the finished version of the game. There's also a $1 tier just to show support and several other tiers for early access but nobody is forcing you to support what you enjoy.

In my opinion, it remains tactless to ask the developer when their game will leak. This isn't a Disney subscription where your hard-earned money doesn't matter, it's someone like you making a pretty, unique, game you want.

Support what you enjoy, when you can. And it's not $50 it's $3.

phantasm848

May 7, 2017
You can for as little as $3 and get the finished version of the game. There's also a $1 tier just to show support and several other tiers for early access but nobody is forcing you to support what you enjoy.

In my opinion, it remains tactless to ask the developer when their game will leak. This isn't a Disney subscription where your hard-earned money doesn't matter, it's someone like you making a pretty, unique, game you want.

Support what you enjoy, wh
Alpha version is $50 a month, $3 gets the latest finished version. In other words, what's already here. Realistically that means there will likely be no leak until finished version though so fair enough to disciple if that's the goal.

Euktyurnir

Sep 15, 2018
So why this game is RPGM anyway? You always go where the game tells you to. You have no other option. The dev himself breaks the 4th wall and laughs at you every time you try to go somewhere else rather then your current objective (fire icon). The game is almost a kinetic novel. If the game offer you a choice, it is always has "right" and "wrong" answers, where wrong answer means game over. There is no combat system nor items nor skills nor attributes. Why this game is a RPGM then? Why not VN, so that the player would be able to save his time from running from one fire icon to another? I dont get it.

Aug 5, 2016
There's a psychological difference between playing RenPy and playing on RPGM. The additional control of moving a character (like Sylvessa) throughout her story creates stronger immersion and for sexual events it makes them feel more like (not entirely like, but more like) an action the character engaged in compared to an action that happens to the character

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
There's a psychological difference between playing RenPy and playing on RPGM. The additional control of moving a character (like Sylvessa) throughout her story creates stronger immersion and for sexual events it makes them feel more like (not entirely like, but more like) an action the character engaged in compared to an action that happens to the character
While that's true, a similar immersion is also doable with RenPy through engaging dialogue, longer breaks between sexual encounters and overall meaningful renders. Put random events in the mix and you got a stew going on. There's no real disadvantage over RPGM when the game gives you enough (visual) breadcrumbs to prepare you for what is about to or could happen some mouse clicks away.
Many games only jump from one event to the next, sadly. That doesn't create enough tension of course so the climax is rather flat. Fillers are important, like seeing the MC walk nervously to the next event or them having a conversation about how excited they are doing this or that next. All that comes at a price of more render time though so I understand why RPGM seems to be the easier choice sometimes.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Alpha version is $50 a month, $3 gets the latest finished version. In other words, what's already here. Realistically that means there will likely be no leak until finished version though so fair enough to disciple if that's the goal.
What's already here? Are you still trying to pretend lie that you have to pay $50 to play this game, huge fan?

You can support the development of this game from as little as $1. $3 gets you the finished game, when it's released. There are options to pay more to play an incomplete version of the game and these are available if you like the game so much you want to be involved in the development process e.g. bug test / provide feedback or play as soon as possible.

Realistically, it will probably leak before the final version based on the popularity vs probability vs more people in tiers.

What will, no doubt, blow your mind is that some people enjoy playing certain games that they support the game with their hard-earned money recognising that they contribute to something cool.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Agree but getting lost or not knowing where to go, not as a game mechanic, especially over multiple maps, would test the patience of a saint.

Typically, RenPy games lose a lot of spatial awareness and immersion because you usually teleport immediately up, down, left, right, or to locations with one click on a map.

The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
sections in Autumn Boulevard work well for the horror, I think.

There's also the time to anticipate and ponder as you literally walk to the next event as the character. There's value and involvement in the time required to travel.

RestIn

Aug 15, 2017
Furthermore, Ren'Py uses Python, and Python is cancer.
Yeah tell them. I tried to learn Python when I was in highschool and it was one of the most painful experiences with coding I ever had. So it’s always funny to me when people write in RPG Maker threads “iT sHoULd bE ReNpy GaMe” when there are already 3000 renpy games on this site and a lot of developers struggling with Python to please audience.

Reactions: L0b0ts

DiscipleOfVirginia

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Yeah tell them. I tried to learn Python when I was in highschool and it was one of the most painful experiences with coding I ever had. So it’s always funny to me when people write in RPG Maker threads “iT sHoULd bE ReNpy GaMe” when there are already 3000 renpy games on this site and a lot of developers struggling with Python to please audience.
Absolutely. "Of Birds and Bees" is in Ren'Py, and in the last version Melanie has a nightmare and all I wanted to do was to add a constant vignette as one image layer, but whatever I did, the vignette kept fading in and out. So I ultimately had to add the vignette manually in photoshop to 10 images. I wanted to kill myself :)

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Absolutely. "Of Birds and Bees" is in Ren'Py, and in the last version Melanie has a nightmare and all I wanted to do was to add a constant vignette as one image layer, but whatever I did, the vignette kept fading in and out. So I ultimately had to add the vignette manually in photoshop to 10 images. I wanted to kill myself :)
Next time you'd like to add a permanent overlay, add the line
Code:
define config.layers = [ 'master', 'transient', 'your_vignette', 'screens', 'overlay' ]
into options.rpyc or your script.

You can then load the vignette with
Code:
show your image onlayer your_vignette
or use hide instead of show whenever you want to get rid of it again.

boomboom0

Aug 23, 2018
Average sex game fan: GIMME FAP CONTENT
Autumn Boulevard fan: "There is a psychological differenece..."
:cool:

4.00 star(s) 40 Votes