4.20 star(s) 109 Votes

Otaku_Bob

Jul 30, 2017
Loving this! Your writing is VERY good! I think my favorite part is the Merc and Lance dialogue. I actually laughed out loud and that almost never happens from playing a game.

It also helps that Lance looks just like a former roommate of mine in university. Same name even! Fucker stole money from me by writing checks to himself from my checking account...not the brightest! Not like I couldnt see copies of checks haha.

Anyway thanks for the great game! When this game is finished you should do a new series where Lance and Merc are the protagonists :)

Reactions: Boneprone

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Anyway thanks for the great game! When this game is finished you should do a new series where Lance and Merc are the protagonists :)
Haha. I'm going in the opposite direction, actually! I'm planning out a game with Penny as the Protagonist. Kind of a Spin-Off with her. But I might put Lance and Merc in it too. :)

But you're right, those two dipshits turned out really well. They have a very bromantic relationship And with a little extra someone in the mix, it could be a very interesting little group. I'm definitely going to play around with them a bit more and try to develop that story.

Thanks for enjoying Avalon! I really appreciate your feedback and praise! :D

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Wow, just wow. Only played the Dallas (poly-) route so far. Sure I expected a great update, but that was just awesome. Of course again some extremely funny moments, I also had to laugh out loud sometimes (eg "the tip kind of look like a tumor")...And Merc and Lance are just adorably hilarious. It's almost a pity that there are only 2 acts left now.

And here's a tribute to one of the two newcomers of the game:
Avalon-Merc.gif

Info to Lockheart: the new "act select" is a nice new feature, I only noticed that for selecting some older acts the main menu music keeps playing - there is probably only a "stop music" command missing in the script.

Update June 11, 2020
And here is the second newcomer:

Avalon-Lance.gif

And I don't think Byron had any signatures yet:
Avalon-Byron.gif

Last edited:

jtjr26

Dec 6, 2019
I played the game and I have to say I like it. The characters are written well and the art is great. My favourite character by far is Penny she is fun and interjects some needed humour into the story. Looking forward to more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lockheart

Otaku_Bob

Jul 30, 2017
Lockheart manages to do what few devs can pull off really well, Byron pulls off the perfect deadpan straight face when he is cracking a joke. Some great devs out there still dont do the joke telling well, or they butcher the characters face in an attempt to make it look like they are laughing.

• Red Heart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Wow, just wow. Only played the Dallas (poly-) route so far. Sure I expected a great update, but that was just awesome. Of course again some extremely funny moments, I also had to laugh out loud sometimes (eg "the tip kind of look like a tumor")...And Merc and Lance are just adorably hilarious. It's almost a pity that there are only 2 acts left now.

And here's a tribute to one of the two newcomers of the game:
View attachment 688494

Info to Lockheart: the new "act select" is a nice new feature, I only noticed that for selecting some older acts the main menu music keeps playing - there is probably only a "stop music" command missing in the script.
If you loved Dallas's route, there are three others just as good. I poured my soul into this update! And thank you for the compliments, and the awesome Signature! I put a link to it on the front page. I appreciate it!

Gah! I wish I would have known about the music problem. I literally just released a hot fix. That fix will have to wait for the next release, I'm afraid. :(

Reactions: Ghostly and KoGa3

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I played the game and I have to say I like it. The characters are written well and the art is great. My favourite character by far is Penny she is fun and interjects some needed humour into the story. Looking forward to more.
I love to hear praise for Avalon. Thank you! Penny is quickly becoming a favorite for a lot of people. That's why I fully intend to make my next novel a Spin Off with Penny as the main character. I have a lot more I'd like to explore with her.

Thanks again, jtjr26!

Reactions: Ghostly

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Lockheart manages to do what few devs can pull off really well, Byron pulls off the perfect deadpan straight face when he is cracking a joke. Some great devs out there still dont do the joke telling well, or they butcher the characters face in an attempt to make it look like they are laughing.
It takes some serious time to get those facial expressions right but boy, is it worth it! They say we communicate more with facial expressions and body language than actual words. And I also wanted to tell a story primarily with my pictures so it's more of a Visual Experience than a Reading Experience.

Thank you for enjoying Avalon!

Reactions: Grohal and Ghostly

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't know why it took me so long to play this but I was going through updated games a few days ago and noticed it and thought why not, what's the worst that can happen?

Turns out the worst that can happen is I can enjoy myself, it was great. Being into the "girls love" stuff I got a bit of something for me to get into as well as an engaging story.

Sure it's a bit heavy on the feels but it takes a tough subject and, considering the kind of games we usually see on here, treats it with respect and tells is well.

As far as characters go I adore Octavia. Don't get me wrong, Dallas is awesome but there is something about Octavia I really like.

Penny is an amazing character, it's been said plenty of times it doesn't really need reiterating but even if everything else sucked it would be worth it just for her banter.

Avalon I really like as a character. To have a character go through something that life changingly tragic with a mother so uncaring and still keep her optimistic while treating the subject matter with care has made her a really great main girl.

I love the banter the big guy has with everyone especially Dallas.

I can't fault it really. I enjoyed all the routes and loved all the characters. Even Sharol was a great character with more depth than just "shit mother". I love it when characters have layers and don't just fall into one particular type. It's clear she damaged like everyone else but when she really tries she can be a decent person.

The only complaint I have really is not enough Maze.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
The only complaint I have really is not enough Maze.
Ahaha. Maze was such a gamble! I thought people might roll their eyes and think it was too silly. But she really does go very well with Octavia. I have plans to explore both Maze and Octavia's dynamic with Maze a bit more in the future. We should definitely see more of her.

Octavia is a wonderful character, she truly is something special. If you go through Octavia's Mono path, you get to see a scene with Penny and Maze. It's freakin' cute.

Thanks so much for giving Avalon a chance! And I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If you go through Octavia's Mono path, you get to see a scene with Penny and Maze. It's freakin' cute.
I didn't plan on doing the mono route's.

I agree with their process in that having women around would help her and i'm all for that kind of relationship. Granted i'm more for girl on girl stuff but proper poly relationships are always great in games when done right. Sex should be happy and enjoyable for everyone involved in the relationship.

Both the date scenes were great with Avalon out with Penny and Byron with Octavia/Dallas.

I did play through the mono routes after your comment and that little play fight with Penny and Maze was fun. While I really liked the connection between Octavia and Penny I think Dallas and Penny won me over a bit more.

Seeing Penny get a bit nervous when she wasn't sure if Dallas was into her was adorable and the roleplay was amusing and quite hot in equal measure.

The poly routes are still going to be my main runs but i'll deff keep an eye on the relationships in the mono routes too.

• Red Heart

Tommy30

Jun 9, 2020
What an awsome game Sir.
The whole story is something new I guess.
I was looking forward for Byron and Avalon finally taking the big step and everything seems to be going different path at the moment.
It only looks like she is saving the true feelings for women and looking for a way to make someone else help Byron with the tension that is building up in this man beast that he is :)
On the other hand, maybe she just does not want to treat him like an object that you can have sex with at any time and just waits for a right moment to make the whole sex act more safe and spectacular.
Anyway, is the next chapter going to focus on Avalon and Byron and their path to consume their feelings a little bit more?

kylarnoel

Aug 31, 2019
I want a spin-off series featuring just Penny! I don't care if it has sexual content or not, I'd totally dig it if you can keep her character intact. This is a great VN.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It only looks like she is saving the true feelings for women and looking for a way to make someone else help Byron with the tension that is building up in this man beast that he is :)
On the other hand, maybe she just does not want to treat him like an object that you can have sex with at any time and just waits for a right moment to make the whole sex act more safe and spectacular.
She can't have sex, she keeps having panic attacks from when she was raped that's why she wants other people involved to take care of his needs.

It did say all that in the game.

Tommy30

Jun 9, 2020
She can't have sex, she keeps having panic attacks from when she was raped that's why she wants other people involved to take care of his needs.

It did say all that in the game.
I know that mate, I just find it surprising that she is taking much pleasure from kissing him, hugging him, touching him, talkling dirty with him, rubbing against him, being naked around him, fantasising abouth him, yet when it comes to sex she is panicking big time.
Usually, when someone has a phobia at some point, they just need to think about the subject of the phobia and are terrified. In this case she is enjoying everything very much except for going all the way.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I know that mate, I just find it surprising that she is taking much pleasure from kissing him, hugging him, touching him, talkling dirty with him, rubbing against him, being naked around him, fantasising abouth him, yet when it comes to sex she is panicking big time.
Usually, when someone has a phobia at some point, they just need to think about the subject of the phobia and are terrified. In this case she is enjoying everything very much except for going all the way.
PTSS does not always make much sense, she will have to find a way to overcome the negative emotions or take away the power of those negative emotions and panic/anxiety that certain situations bring. Not an easy thing to do and may well require professional help over quite a period and possibly use of EMDR.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
While I really liked the connection between Octavia and Penny I think Dallas and Penny won me over a bit more.
Sometimes these little ideas just hit me out of no where and they fit so perfectly. Her 'Dark Whisper' cosplay was perfect for that scene. Sometimes I amaze even myself with what I come up with. Ahaha.

I think Penny will have a lot of fun with Dallas. Where with Octavia, it's something familiar and comfortable already. So I can agree with you, it might be a bit more interesting seeing Penny and Dallas build a relationship, especially since they're both so playful.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I want a spin-off series featuring just Penny! I don't care if it has sexual content or not, I'd totally dig it if you can keep her character intact. This is a great VN.
And you're gonna get it! I have every intention of working on a Spin Off featuring Penny as my next work. But it may be some time before we see that come to fruition. I have to finish Avalon first. Hopefully we'll see Avalon finish up before the end of the year.

Thanks so much for enjoying my novel! :D

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Anyway, is the next chapter going to focus on Avalon and Byron and their path to consume their feelings a little bit more?
We're going to focus on Byron in the upcoming Act. I want to explore his past and his trauma. Remember, he's witness several important people in his life perish. So he's got a lot buried that we haven't really explored yet.

I know everyone is really eager for the sexual intercourse scene with Avalon and Byron. But that's two fold; first, I want it to be something we lead up to so that once we get their, it'll be really excited! I just really appreciate a slow burn. And second, as DA22 pointed out, Avalon is still suffering from PTSD. She's riding the 'new relationship' high right now but there's still that trauma lingering in the background of her mind. And while she's on the up and up, recovery doesn't happen overnight.

The juice is going to be worth the squeeze, I promise! But it is going to be a bit longer.

Thank you for enjoying Avalon! I love hearing praise for my work! :D

4.20 star(s) 109 Votes