4.20 star(s) 109 Votes

chrisccd

Jul 18, 2019
Damn, this game is obviously better than many other games that has higher rating.:FacePalm:I mean, look at the characters , the renders and the speed of development.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lockheart

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Ok, so 4 paths.

Are the 4 paths Avalon+Dallas, Avalon in the Dallas choice but with no sharing, Avalon+Octavia and Avalon in the Octavia choice but without sharing?

I cant understand why people are giving this game bad reviews, the game is awesome, much better than most of the crap out there.

Its one of the games i enjoy the most, with a well made humor, great renders and a decent story, and with the people acting in the way they are portraited to act, unlike some other game where you are constantly told how good of a brother you are and the do nothing to protect your sister

Reactions: Capt OA

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Damn, this game is obviously better than many other games that has higher rating.:FacePalm:I mean, look at the characters , the renders and the speed of development.
Thanks so much! I work really hard to bring content out at reasonable speed without compromising quality. Unfortunately, the main complaints are that there isn't enough sexual content and some people are weirded out about the Uncle / Niece dynamic. I'm learning the hard way that there is no way to please everyone. But great comments like yours motivate me to keep pushing through! I really appreciate it!

Are the 4 paths Avalon+Dallas, Avalon in the Dallas choice but with no sharing, Avalon+Octavia and Avalon in the Octavia choice but without sharing?
Correct. The Monogamy path mostly just removes any sharing. But I hope to flesh it out a bit as the game continues.

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Lockheart
Some people give average/bad reviews just because there's not enough sex or sex that suits their personal taste.
I don't agree with shallow reviews like that and think it's a shame.
But people are free to review however they want, I'd only suggest taking such reviews with a big pinch of salt.
Focus on the more constructive and intellectual feedback :)

Last edited:

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
How do you meet Sun Mei, I tried searching and couldn't find it.

Also, this is a very good game. The renders are gorgeous and the story is good. I'm really looking forward to seeing everything with Avalon unfold.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
So from what I gathered, this isn't really worth playing yet if I am not into sharing? Basing on the comments it seems that the poly path has way more content right?
Yes, Polygamy has more content. I would still argue to say that Avalon is worth playing but you'll miss out on some of the sexual content. And the Polygamy path is really cute, it's very well put together. It's not just mindless sex. There's an intimate bond that forms between the main character, Avalon and the side girl.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
How do you meet Sun Mei, I tried searching and couldn't find it.

Also, this is a very good game. The renders are gorgeous and the story is good. I'm really looking forward to seeing everything with Avalon unfold.
Ah, you bring up a great point! I'll make that adjustment. I forgot, you can't actually see that scene anymore because it was exclusive to a previous update. I'll unlock it permanently. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, BigTyson!

Reactions: Ghostly

MarleyMarley

Jan 31, 2020
The cult has been satiated. Wonderful work Lockhart. You did not disappoint. Also, nice job on Byron's model, you went with a realistic "big" rather than the usual "big" you find in VN's.

Keep up the amazing work, Lockhart. I'm looking forward to Act 6 and 7. I hope when you finish Avalon, you'll decide to write more because you're very great.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes, Polygamy has more content. I would still argue to say that Avalon is worth playing but you'll miss out on some of the sexual content. And the Polygamy path is really cute, it's very well put together. It's not just mindless sex. There's an intimate bond that forms between the main character, Avalon and the side girl.
No worries, me and quite a few others will play it when MC is more involved. For now better though if we do stay out so do not feel that impatience that buildup with no pay-off brings. Only leads to unfair and unwarranted remarks when not needed and I did play games like kana little sister so can handle a buildup when there is also the end to that there. :) You seem to have from most remarks an interesting game with likable characters, a strong story and humor so just go on with what you are doing.

• Red Heart

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Thanks so much! I work really hard to bring content out at reasonable speed without compromising quality. Unfortunately, the main complaints are that there isn't enough sexual content and some people are weirded out about the Uncle / Niece dynamic. I'm learning the hard way that there is no way to please everyone. But great comments like yours motivate me to keep pushing through! I really appreciate it!

Correct. The Monogamy path mostly just removes any sharing. But I hope to flesh it out a bit as the game continues.
If peoples only complain is that there is not enough sex in you are doing it right in my book.

And what complains about uncle/niece dymnamic? 1. it was clearly stated that they are not blood related. 2. even in Germany it would not be forbidden to marry (and thus fuck) your niece per law. And Germany is not exactly know to be modern Sodom and ... the other city. :D

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I like the story, and the buildup. IMHO, the story needs to take the kid gloves off with the main villain of the story. There is an overtone of potential NTR, and danger to the MC's loved ones...but the story makes it pretty clear that won't be happening. The henchman are a refreshing comedy relief, and the little private eye is a joy to watch.
I just hope the story spices up a bit...the potential for danger is there, but the story leaves you with a sense that you have nothing at all to worry about.
I'm not a fan of NTR because there are so many lazy, half brained tropes that Dev's fall back to...but this story has the potential to do it right, with choices made by the MC. Would be nice to have a choice to continue down the path of rainbows and flowers, or add a little danger for the MC to overcome.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Also, nice job on Byron's model, you went with a realistic "big" rather than the usual "big" you find in VN's.
It's hard to know if it's unrealistically big or just reasonably big when you're designing it. But I decided just maxing out all the sliders probably wasn't the best way to go. I'm glad you're satisfied with it, I was unsure how it would be received. Although, Octavia and Dallas seemed to receive it very well! Ehehe. :devilish:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I like the story, and the buildup. IMHO, the story needs to take the kid gloves off with the main villain of the story. There is an overtone of potential NTR, and danger to the MC's loved ones...but the story makes it pretty clear that won't be happening. The henchman are a refreshing comedy relief, and the little private eye is a joy to watch.
I just hope the story spices up a bit...the potential for danger is there, but the story leaves you with a sense that you have nothing at all to worry about.
I'm not a fan of NTR because there are so many lazy, half brained tropes that Dev's fall back to...but this story has the potential to do it right, with choices made by the MC. Would be nice to have a choice to continue down the path of rainbows and flowers, or add a little danger for the MC to overcome.
I didn't make it real obvious, and I think most people miss it, but the villain of the story is not a person. It's trauma. And we're about to learn that trauma isn't prejudice about who it hits or how hard in Act 6.

There will never be NTR in Avalon. Nobody else is going to lay a finger on her except Byron and the girls.

Danger is tricky because we're more so playing with mental dangers than physical dangers. A broken mind can be worse than a broken body. So I'm sort of exploring that instead of the traditional cliche of everyone being at risk of having their physical well-being injured. It might not work! But I want to try something we haven't seen a whole lot of. It should be interesting at least!

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I didn't make it real obvious, and I think most people miss it, but the villain of the story is not a person. It's trauma. And we're about to learn that trauma isn't prejudice about who it hits or how hard in Act 6.

There will never be NTR in Avalon. Nobody else is going to lay a finger on her except Byron and the girls.

Danger is tricky because we're more so playing with mental dangers than physical dangers. A broken mind can be worse than a broken body. So I'm sort of exploring that instead of the traditional cliche of everyone being at risk of having their physical well-being injured. It might not work! But I want to try something we haven't seen a whole lot of. It should be interesting at least!
To be fair, it wasn't obvious till the end of act 5 where a happy ending was all but assured. Really, the story exploring a broken mind through and how people deal with trauma to move on with their lives is interesting. I fully appreciate your explanation, and respect the no NTR. Look forward to the next couple of chapters!

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
So from what I gathered, this isn't really worth playing yet if I am not into sharing? Basing on the comments it seems that the poly path has way more content right?
Monoamorous paths have some actions, just not involving the MC yet. Dont want to spoil much yet.

Polyamorous have more sexy content.

Non sexy content is kind of equal amount for both

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The cult has been satiated. Wonderful work Lockhart. You did not disappoint. Also, nice job on Byron's model, you went with a realistic "big" rather than the usual "big" you find in VN's.

Keep up the amazing work, Lockhart. I'm looking forward to Act 6 and 7. I hope when you finish Avalon, you'll decide to write more because you're very great.
We need Avalon 2

4.20 star(s) 109 Votes