4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Okay, I still like the story a lot, like the changes, like the option to include Dallas in some form (she's growing on me).
What I don't like is the "visual novel" format change.
None of the "choices" is anything more than cosmetic. That's not what people meant when they wrote they want choices.
They mean meaningful ones, like the one you already had in the game, where you could either go with Dallas or that Librarian.

Don't get me wrong, I never asked for choices, I was fine with the kinetic novel format, but these "choices" that mean nothing, those actually demotivate me.

Apart from that I really liked all the new content.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
First time i see and play this game. I just wanna thank you for a great story
and the humor in it is killing me :)
I'm so glad you like it! Thank you for giving it a chance! :)

Oh surprised, thought April 2nd was the day
I'm going to open up Patreon to the public on April 2nd. And for supporters, I'll have an episode of Myrabelle ready.

Okay, I still like the story a lot, like the changes, like the option to include Dallas in some form (she's growing on me).
What I don't like is the "visual novel" format change.
None of the "choices" is anything more than cosmetic. That's not what people meant when they wrote they want choices.
They mean meaningful ones, like the one you already had in the game, where you could either go with Dallas or that Librarian.

Don't get me wrong, I never asked for choices, I was fine with the kinetic novel format, but these "choices" that mean nothing, those actually demotivate me.

Apart from that I really liked all the new content.
I know. And I agree. I just wanted to add more jokes. :p

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Although I'm admittedly not usually a fan of games with heavy dark backstories, I do like the tone of this one. Also you have no idea how happy I was with the subtle Gaston reference. When I saw the choices for that scene I was hoping it'd make the joke. It's the little things.

Now that the dev has had a taste of a choice system, I wonder if we'll be seeing more of them in the future that actually affect outcomes, or if this will still primarily remain a linear (psuedo) kinetic novel.
I'm so glad someone got the Gaston reference. I was really afraid no one would get it! Haha. Would have been such a wasted reference.

I'm toying with the idea of adding some form of gameplay to the next game but I'd want it to be relatively unique. I certainly want to do something creative but we'll see. Thanks for the high praise, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: Vagabond Scholar

Raizen-sama

Oct 20, 2017
Hey Lockheart so far really cool game, as many before me, I enjoy the writing,lovely characters and your sense of humor.
One thing, that does not make much sense to me is the rapid change in Avalon when it comes to her trauma.
I honestly did not expect to go so fast from screaming when Byron wants to hug her, to getting groped and so on.
Yeah I get it, she is getting better and of course Byron is one huge lovable teddy bear who is willing to protect her no matter what, however it just does not seem right. But at the end of day, I am glad for the fact, that this game is not so slow with development of characters and story. So cheers for that mate.

One last thing, the conversation between Byron and Dallas in the latest update was probably straight answer for players, that we are not going to see solo action/relationship between MC and Dallas, or am I wrong? (I get it the game is called Avalon, but maybe there is chance for relationship like in VN Haley, where you can be also with Sandra not just your sister)

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Hey Lockheart so far really cool game, as many before me, I enjoy the writing,lovely characters and your sense of humor.
One thing, that does not make much sense to me is the rapid change in Avalon when it comes to her trauma.
I honestly did not expect to go so fast from screaming when Byron wants to hug her, to getting groped and so on.
Yeah I get it, she is getting better and of course Byron is one huge lovable teddy bear who is willing to protect her no matter what, however it just does not seem right. But at the end of day, I am glad for the fact, that this game is not so slow with development of characters and story. So cheers for that mate.

One last thing, the conversation between Byron and Dallas in the latest update was probably straight answer for players, that we are not going to see solo action/relationship between MC and Dallas, or am I wrong? (I get it the game is called Avalon, but maybe there is chance for relationship like in VN Haley, where you can be also with Sandra not just your sister)
So PTSD is a pretty complicated thing. Avalon has managed to coop with her trauma very well, but she still has episodes. They're almost exclusively triggered by men because that's been her largest source of trauma. But she's still enticed at the idea of having sexual relations with her boyfriend, as most people would be! It's kind of like someone with diabetes wanting chocolate cake. You know you're gonna have issues because of all the sugar, but damn that cake is looking so good!

So the Polygamy path is going to open up the ability for Byron and Dallas to get together, with Avalon in the mix as well, of course. But I have plans for Dallas and the MC to have some alone time. That's going to be a ways in the future.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Lockheart I had other things to do this evening dammit. Anyway this game is very good. I downloaded it because of the pictures but I am going to stay for the story(well the art and character designs are amazing still). I like both routes, games don't tend to have multiple good routes like this.
This game has character. Story is very deep, not my usual cup of tea but I could not stop.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Lockheart I had other things to do this evening dammit. Anyway this game is very good. I downloaded it because of the pictures but I am going to stay for the story(well the art and character designs are amazing still). I like both routes, games don't tend to have multiple good routes like this.
This game has character. Story is very deep, not my usual cup of tea but I could not stop.
I'm glad you liked it! I'm especially glad you liked both routes. I put a lot of love into both Dallas and Octavia, they're both special gals.

Thank you for giving it a chance and I'm happy I didn't disappoint. :)

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Well, at least if you make a movie adaption of this game, you know who your star should be! :D Thank you for this wonderful game, BTW! ^/\^
Heck yes! He’d probably be perfect for the roll!

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

Reactions: tonigobe

neman

Jan 5, 2020
Polygamy is how the game was originally designed to be played
Ok i am interested , i also freaking adore the little jokes of MC , adore girls as well.. im totally sold about Avalon sob story ..But i need to know your future plans.. I can't and don't want to get my heart into the story if you plan to introduce ntr (other penises..i dont mind girl on girl it doesnt count :) . (yeah i am that guy) So , if you could ..open ur mind and share idea for future plan i might even consider giving a support for the game. But i need to know will i be enjoying beautifull romance or get cucked. Thanks!

P.S good work on the eyes. i pointed out and probably others on that issue. It fits much better now.
..must resist toned Dallas body.. must resist..

Last edited:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Ok i am interested , i also freaking adore the little jokes of MC , adore girls as well.. im totally sold about Avalon sob story ..But i need to know your future plans.. I can't and don't want to get my heart into the story if you plan to introduce ntr. (yeah i am that guy) So , if you could ..open ur mind and share idea for future plan i might even consider giving a support for the game. But i need to know. Thanks!

P.S good work on the eyes. i pointed out and probably others on that issue. It fits much better now.
..must resist toned Dallas body.. must resist..
You cannot resist the Dallas. :devilish:

Everyone seems to define NTR differently, which is why I'm implementing a Monogamy path. In the Monogamy path, Avalon and Byron will be exclusive to each other. And the other characters will be exclusive to their respective partners.

In the Polygamy path, Avalon will invite your chosen side character into her relationship with Byron. So if you're on the Dallas path, she will fool around with Dallas. Later, Dallas will join Avalon and Byron in sexual activities. BUT, Avalon will never have sexual relations with another man in any path. Also, we may explore an option with Penny later. Maybe.

If the polygamy thing isn't for you, there is Monogamy! :)

Dallas will pursue Evans if you choose Monogamy though. He's awesome, but he is a different Penis.

Last edited:

neman

Jan 5, 2020
never have sexual relations with another man in any path.
Thats all i wanted to know. heaving beautifull romance story (harem even) all good, orgy even ffm. Just no other penises involved. Thanks!

P.S yeah ..dallas ..resistance is futile ..
P.P.S buying u a coffee tomorrow (y)

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
Wow, what a great story so far. Great characters with very distinct personalities, the writing is amazing, clever and funny and unique art style really separates it from the usual visual novel look.

The only negative I have to mention, and really it's just me being picky, but the irises seem too big and makes the eyes look a bit odd to me on the females.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 111 Votes