4.20 star(s) 109 Votes

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Sooo Locky,

how is act 5 going? (except for torturing Byron more and more :ROFLMAO:)
Act 5 - Morning is out now for Patrons and will release to the public Tuesday, April 14th. Only a few days away!

I am going to try to get releases out faster. There will be less content in each release but you are, of course, welcome to wait until the full Act is done.

Reactions: Praenuntius

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
I am going to try to get releases out faster.
It may sounded like it, but I wasn't complaining about the time between your releases, just wanted to know, if you're still in the flow. ;)

Take your time. Great work needs time and effort. Rome wasn't build in one day either :D

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Rome wasn't build in one day either
I'm always happy to give an update. :)

There's been a lot of other work I've had to do on setting things up and Act 5 is going to be rather large so that's why I'm breaking it into pieces.

I made a huge mistake on the first release of Act 5 actually. I'm glad it went through a Beta stage first! Haha.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
Act 5 - Morning is out now for Patrons and will release to the public Tuesday, April 14th. Only a few days away!

I am going to try to get releases out faster. There will be less content in each release but you are, of course, welcome to wait until the full Act is done.
Personally, is not my prefered way. I use for exemple WMV by Braindrop. He give a short weekly update. Around 10 minutes gameplay.

I think a monthly update is better because i have more meat on the bones and update is more than well. Any complaint from anybody.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Personally, is not my prefered way. I use for exemple WMV by Braindrop. He give a short weekly update. Around 10 minutes gameplay.

I think a monthly update is better because i have more meat on the bones and update is more than well. Any complaint from anybody.
I, personally, completely agree. And the releases are more to let you guys know I'm working hard. You're always welcome to wait for the full Act instead of downloading partials. I'll keep you updated with what is in the updates in the Change Log, on Patreon and in Discord.

Thanks for your support, Bulb! I appreciate all your help! :)

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
I, personally, completely agree. And the releases are more to let you guys know I'm working hard. You're always welcome to wait for the full Act instead of downloading partials. I'll keep you updated with what is in the updates in the Change Log, on Patreon and in Discord.

Thanks for your support, Bulb! I appreciate all your help! :)
The monthly update is already a minority way of work anyway. Is around three month or more usually. Monthly update have my vote. I ready to listen other opinion. Debate as already good.

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
The monthly update is already a minority way of work anyway. Is around three month or more usually.
There are games, where it's absolutely understandable why the dev needs a few months for an update (genius story, stunning graphics etc). Then there are games, where you get the feeling, that the dev is simply lazy and then there are games where the dev only trys to "produce" some incash flow with Patreon, so you have a great beginning and get an update every now and then.

I would also prefer a monthly update or even slower when the dev keeps you informated how the game proceeded.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
The content is really too short in weekly update. Is just frustrating. How many game i see with an update with less content than majority monthly update waiting over six month for?

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Lockheart just keep creating this quality game at a pace that works for you.
Thanks for the support, guys! I don’t have it all figured out yet but I think we’ll get the finer details ironed out over the next few months. It’s all about trial and error.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Lockheart I second what everyone here has said, weekly is too ambitious in my opinion. I just don't think most people can keep it up. You don't want to be stressed out all the time that you can't do anything else in your life because you need to add more to the weekly update. I would just release whenever it feels natural. I personally don't have any problem with shorter updates, as long as the wait isn't months between them, and in some cases even that is unavoidable if the dev is having problems.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Lockheart I second what everyone here has said, weekly is too ambitious in my opinion. I just don't think most people can keep it up. You don't want to be stressed out all the time that you can't do anything else in your life because you need to add more to the weekly update. I would just release whenever it feels natural. I personally don't have any problem with shorter updates, as long as the wait isn't months between them, and in some cases even that is unavoidable if the dev is having problems.
Right on. The updates would probably be more like every other week. It really depends on how long it takes me to get the Morning, Afternoon or Evening finished. This afternoon is actually really tricky because there's going to be a lot of scenes and then the evening is going to be even more involved because I want to get some animations in. The Acts are going to be big enough that it might take two, or more, months to actually finish. And I don't want you guys to have to wait that long.

We'll see. Like I said, trial and error! :)

4.20 star(s) 109 Votes