RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Never said it was worth 3 years of development, stated some of why it's not gone as far as I'd like. It is what it is. For 2 of those years, I worked about 2-5 hours a week on the game. That was about all I could spare. That was my point, and that is why the Patreon is per update, not per month.

Anyways, thanks for the comment. I hope you find the game you're looking for. Have a nice day.

al_dude

Sep 25, 2017
Dear YT,

you should actually be happy that some people are mad at you. It means they care. It means they see potential in your game.

You can shoo me off; I am not even a backer but, from the way I see, there are some here who have supported you for years. You shouldn't shoo them off. You cannot please everyone and there will always be some percentage of people who will be unhappy with you.
However, I see more than usual percentage of people who are dissatisfied with your way. It means something is off and they've been telling you what's off.

You can ignore my words; as I said I am not a backer. But don't ignore theirs. Don't fight them or resist them. Try to find a way to implement their constructive suggestions.

Here is my last piece of suggestion. Your game can easily be converted to MV. The only thing you will miss is the equipment screen.

Know that I mean little harm in my words as my words simply resonated with the tone of the flow in this thread.

Regards. (This will be my last post in this thread.)

Reactions: Onysko

sony101

Aug 23, 2017
Quote cut by mod

Look, first off as the mod said some posts ago no need to take this to a personal level, it just makes your argument look weak and makes it seem like you have to fall back on this level because you can't win with good reasoning.
Plus your argument doesn't have any foundation to begin with, because if there is one thing that we can't blame YT for, it is him taking "ungodly amounts of money" since he has still not charged his patrons for this project even once.

I am not trying to protect YT here but if you want to critic someone do it with facts and on a level that leaves him as a person out of the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: UncleVT

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Why do you think I was shooing you off? I wrote a lengthy reply explaining the circumstances and responding to your comment. I did remove it, as it seemed a bit excessive for this thread, but you had already replied, so the person I was directing it at already saw it.

Also, why do you think I'm ignoring the people supporting me? I've been building a team since last summer. I've made a number of changes based on feedback/criticism. Just because I defend myself against false or misrepresented information doesn't mean I don't listen to constructive criticism.

Finally, the game can not "easily" be converted to MV. Why do you think that? The game has 57 3rd party scripts currently. Most of which are configured for Aylia's Story and compatibility. I would have to find scripts that have been transferred or similar scripts to achieve the same functions. The game has multiple custom scripts, including two very important ones (battle companion and achievements). Neither of those are available in MV and would have to be created. Scripting aside, all graphics would have to be modified and upscaled to fit 1024x768. I draw in vector, so I can do that, but it would still take time. Maps would have to be transferred, tilesets wouldn't match up and would have to be fixed, parallaxed maps would have to be reconfigured for movement. Finally, ALL the eventing, switching, database, variables, dialogue would have to be moved. RPG Maker is not conducive to easy movement, and despite the length, Aylia's Story already has a pretty hefty script. If you noticed, just about everything on the map is inspectable and has multiple comments. That truly does not sound easy to me, it'd probably be easier to try and get the highres dll working in VX Ace to do 1024x768 there.

Thanks for the comment, I was not being facetious in saying that I DO hope you find the game you're looking for. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Danjuro83

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
To the player: About the screen size, just use Sizer. It's pretty much what I always do when I play RPGM games.

ass34

Nov 22, 2017
Quote cut by mod

Look, first off as the mod said some posts ago no need to take this to a personal level, it just makes your argument look weak and makes it seem like you have to fall back on this level because you can't win with good reasoning.
Plus your argument doesn't have any foundation to begin with, because if there is one thing that we can't blame YT for, it is him taking "ungodly amounts of money" since he has still not charged his patrons for this project even once.

I am not trying to protect YT here but if you want to critic someone do it with facts and on a level that leaves him as a person out of the picture.
Cool didn't know he charges by update. But still doesn't address my point that he's incredibly unstable and toxic, and that his game will never come out.

Danjuro83

Jul 29, 2017
Cool didn't know he charges by update. But still doesn't address my point that he's incredibly unstable and toxic, and that his game will never come out.
Dude stop that personal vendetta against YT, because everything you post sounds like a cry and no ones give a f*ck about your opinion because you are just being mean, so please shut the h*ll up.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I think you've said your piece, anymore would just be repeating what you've already said.

Reactions: Danjuro83

ass34

Nov 22, 2017
Dude stop that personal vendetta against YT, because everything you post sounds like a cry and no ones give a f*ck about your opinion because you are just being mean, so please shut the h*ll up.
? Don't know where you're getting "vendetta" from? I just saw him having a meltdown on ULMF and now on here too. Just think it's a little silly that you folk shower him with praise but will then dogpile anyone who dares call him out on anything. I hope his game is good. But I also hope he stops having irritating slap-fights and meltdowns wi ppl online.

kingscard

Mar 31, 2017
Hello,

I have a bug for at the start of the second chapter, I cannot go further the first map outside the village. Does someone has a savegame near that point ? :)

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
From the latest comment on patreon, looks like we're not getting anything for christmas (we weren't nice to YT, so Santa isn't that wrong, I guess). Still, he assures we're getting "an update" before the end of the month.
If I have to be honest, I think that the "update" will be a delay, but we'll see.

May 23, 2017
His exact words are:
No, but there will be an update before the end of the month.
I really want to believe in a late Christmas present. :FeelsGoodMan:

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
I am curious about one thing. He's been working on chapter 1 for years. I remember back in the ULMF days how he was hyping Chapter 1 in 2016 and then there will be chapter 2,3 and so on.. My question is- In the years following the release of the prologue, has he been working on the game at all? Because now he is releasing updates and there is no new content. Pardon my American.

Reactions: RazzleDazzle

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
@kingscard: I accidentally forgot to enable the movement arrow between maps. It works, you just have to click Z to activate it, since the event is not set to "player touch" activation. That said, a more polished version is right around the corner.

@MasterQ and Wannabe: Can't say I blame you for expecting that. Things are rolling pretty well right now, and I'm chugging along like I thought I would be after the August reboot. Take it for what you will, but the real life issues with my father really put a damper on what should have been an exciting time for both you and me.

@tarzan999: Have I been working on it at all? Well, probably not as much as I should have, but more than people probably realize (if that makes sense). I've definitely invested a lot of time into it, but unfortunately, you may not see it. The pictures are all redone, faces are redone or added, lots of touch-ups throughout, dialogue massively changed, and more. The last release DID have new content as well, 3 new CGs and the beginnings of a few quests. Nothing to write home about, but it was new content.

Thanks for the comments. Have a great Christmas!

Reactions: kingscard

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Just for be sure after read some commont in v11 we have aces to chapter 2 ?since @kingscard say it or it just chapter = first = prologue 2nd = chapter 1

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
@Azope: 0.11 is just the beginning of chapter 1. The VERY beginning, and in a buggy alpha state at that. When you see 0.20+ then I'll be releasing chapter 2 content.

Gamerboyfan99

Jul 2, 2017
omg you need to quit touting your 3 new CGs as some amazing accomplishment...if it took you 1 year for 3 CGs then just admit you dont know what you're doing anymore.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
omg you need to quit touting your 3 new CGs as some amazing accomplishment...if it took you 1 year for 3 CGs then just admit you dont know what you're doing anymore.
Please quote where I touted my 3 new CGs as an amazing accomplishment? I literally said the opposite in the past few replies. That it was new content, but nothing worth playing at this point.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
can we please stop with the whining? isen't this forum about horny games, sharing, discussing and be happy?
yes, YT got 3 new CG. now, time to kick his ass and tell him how bad he is. well thats mature and something we all want to read. if you hate him for not doing a horny game for you so that you can masturbate, well. im sorry. but i dont want to read that all the time, what i want to read is: THIS GAME. any info, progress reports, etc. yes, its not always good news, but we have this thread to know about this game, its ok to complain "a bit" but not all the time, come on people!

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes