RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
chapter 1 is not done yet. so i would wait until the entire chapter is complete before playing.
if you want to try, i would go for the prologue only, just for a tease.

warmax42

Oct 29, 2017
I really like the art, I agree with someone else - it's tiring to see the same Anime art style in these types of games (and I'm personally not an anime fan, but that's entirely subjective personal preference)

Edit: I am sad that it's been so long, and there seems to be issues YT is facing. All the best, hopefully that gets resolved and more content is to come!

On a different note, someone already mentions Sizer to resize windows - I've been using Scott's Window Resize Utility, which is probably a bit more robust, so may not be as trivial to use - but it's worked like a charm for most of the games I've tried it on.

Reactions: mesoru

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
you can use bct.sizer for xp/vx/vx ace. did that tool just for that purpose. you can find it in my tool page (baka/bct production)

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Patreon's down for maintenance, so can't post, but no release today. It's not quite done. Cue the Kerlon's of the world to tell me what an abject failure I am. Nothing more to say than that, I'm trying to include the full battle system in this release and I have a few more art-related tasks to complete before I post it. I'll make a post on Patreon saying about the same thing tomorrow when it's back up.

Hope you had a good New Year's celebration.

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
Whoa YT, it tooks you until the last second of your deadline to understand that (once again) you wouldn't be able to deliver anything. How curious.
Anyway, that was a good year, isn't it? Full time work, a group of people to help you, a new reboot of your work-system. And it feels exactly the same when you were working 2-3 hours a week. No chapter 1, only promises.
Happy new year to everybody.

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
He is not milking anyone for money, so just give him a break. Would you prefer if he went all EA and rushed Mass Effect 3 (just 1 example) to make the most amount of profit? That kind of mentality RUINS dozens of potentially 10/10 games every year.
The "not milking money" stuff is not enough. It's been more than 3 years now that YT promise to release ch.1, and every time he fails. We're not talking about a delay of weeks like other devs sometimes do. Three years. It's not a money problem. It's about not caring enough. It's about lying. After the first delay three years ago, we can assume that at least what he was doing at that time should be now ready. It's not. But YT keeps going on with his "release next month" or "now things will change". YT talked a lot about trust and so on, years back. What's left of his reliability? What's left of our trust in him? Sometimes, money isn't the main concern. Sometimes, trust and reliability is the main concern.
And in the end, maybe this mentality ruins dozens of potentially 10/10 games every year, as you said. But let's be honest. What have we seen of this game? A 20 minutes prologue? The rest we know about this game are YT promises. Promises like the ones he throws every 2-3 months about the release of chapter 1.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The "not milking money" stuff is not enough. It's been more than 3 years now that YT promise to release ch.1, and every time he fails. We're not talking about a delay of weeks like other devs sometimes do. Three years. It's not a money problem. It's about not caring enough. It's about lying. After the first delay three years ago, we can assume that at least what he was doing at that time should be now ready. It's not. But YT keeps going on with his "release next month" or "now things will change". YT talked a lot about trust and so on, years back. What's left of his reliability? What's left of our trust in him? Sometimes, money isn't the main concern. Sometimes, trust and reliability is the main concern.
And in the end, maybe this mentality ruins dozens of potentially 10/10 games every year, as you said. But let's be honest. What have we seen of this game? A 20 minutes prologue? The rest we know about this game are YT promises. Promises like the ones he throws every 2-3 months about the release of chapter 1.
Man, you're very angry with YT. You're seems obsessed. Why you care? If YT post his game is good, if not, there are a lot of games outhere. Move on and take your life.

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
I'm not obsessed. I'm in Aylia thread and I talk about YT and his game. I do want to play his game, but looks like it won't happen for the -whatever- time. And since I'm a person who do not like when people lie to me/don't keep his word, I wrote down my thoughts. And mostly of what I write down are fact, actually. I do not go on YT's patreon page to write down this 'cause I understand that it could be quite annoying after a while, but on here I think is appropiated.

Edit: Now, I always try to be the most honest about myself and everything, so I'll write down a little edit. Right now I'm quite upset (about this fact, not for something else) about yet another delay, so yeah, I must sound more harsh than I actually mean. Of course I can look for antoher game or "move out and take your life" as you said, and in a couple of minute I'll probably be on steam playing something and forgetting about this untile I'll check it out again, but right now I'm here talking about this.
If a mod or a very large bunch of people will come here and will say "we heard you shut the fuck up already", I'll probably stop posting for a while. But since we're on a forum, I thought that talking is a...acceptable thing, I guess?

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
it is not MasterQ, not when we all get it, we have discussed this so many times that now its just irritating to read.
this is not a thread to ventilate your frustration, not mine either or anyone else. we discuss the game and nothing else. its ok to complain a bit, if YT would act very bad then we could have some posts about that, but right now we all get it, and so do YT. he is doing his best. if you want to play the game, encourage him, give him something to feel good about. you are not helping right now. what YT need is to feel that even if its going slow, even if theres obstacles, even if he lack discipline or motivation, even if something else eats his time, or whatever else, we want to play his game and we will feel grateful when its done. meanwhile we are here to give him feedback and a bit of motivation telling him to do his best.

Reactions: UncleVT

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
If a mod or a very large bunch of people will come here and will say "we heard you shut the fuck up already", I'll probably stop posting for a while. But since we're on a forum, I thought that talking is a...acceptable thing, I guess?
Those comments are starting to sound like personal attacks. I'm reminding everyone to refrain from personal attacks because it's not allowed here.
May I point out that constructive criticism (google it) and encouragement go a long way to helping someone gain motivation and do a better job?
Then do it.

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Some moderator can magange this discution? i propose some new rules
1) not talk about how bad is the delay
2)not talk about money ( after all this site give for free the game so everyone here don't paid so shut of about money)
3) only critique bad and GOOD of the game and nothink about how long is the game to be develope or personal stuff :exemple this scene is too much cliché so stop with that.
4)but alow usefull critique like this breast is not make so good maibe if you made it a litle more x it will work beter or it

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes