RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
ok Yummytiger is back he posted this not long ago on his patreon
whit this game i post this on

Status Update
It's about time for Aylia to wake up again. Didn't realize she'd be trapped in real life as well... Things are going well, I've had consistent time to work on the game for the past month and the MV version is running nicely. Limited tests showed no lag issues or crashes. I believe you should see a release in May, and my fervent hope is to do monthly releases after. They will be smaller than I originally envisioned, but my original plan kind of went to shit. I do plan on keeping with the "charge per major update" model though, so if a monthly release is small, I won't run a pledge for it. But, this is kind of putting the cart before the horse, I'll just get a damn release out the door and we can go from there. Thanks for sticking with me, and I hope you enjoy the game. It should be almost like new by now :)

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
ok Yummytiger is back he posted this not long ago on his patreon
whit this game i post this on

Status Update
It's about time for Aylia to wake up again. Didn't realize she'd be trapped in real life as well... Things are going well, I've had consistent time to work on the game for the past month and the MV version is running nicely. Limited tests showed no lag issues or crashes. I believe you should see a release in May, and my fervent hope is to do monthly releases after. They will be smaller than I originally envisioned, but my original plan kind of went to shit. I do plan on keeping with the "charge per major update" model though, so if a monthly release is small, I won't run a pledge for it. But, this is kind of putting the cart before the horse, I'll just get a damn release out the door and we can go from there. Thanks for sticking with me, and I hope you enjoy the game. It should be almost like new by now :)
I REALLY hope the new update will come out this month even if the monthly content was small, at least we can check and know what is new and what's change in the game after a long time waiting. Truly hope it was at least worth it

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016

Upcoming Release Information
One thing that has changed throughout this entire ordeal is the character artwork. I can say with 100% certainty that my biggest frustration with RPG Maker VX Ace was the screen size. I hated scaling artwork down and I felt it always made some part of the character look screwy.

While the upcoming release won't be loaded with brand new content, it will feature significantly higher resolution artwork. Every character has seen improvements to fit the new higher resolution. Above, you can see Triste as she now appears in game.

i get email's from his patreon when he post's something so he is active and. he makes it on RPGMV since the screenresolutions on VXacehe whas having problems hence that whas giving him a hard time

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016

The move to MV also meant some of the old tilesets no longer worked properly. This meant that I had to redo some of the maps, but the bonus is that these were some of the first maps I ever created and in redoing them, I believe they turned out better.

While on the subject of maps, Aylia's Story will remain a game that offers people the ability to really dig into exploration. The upcoming release is chalked full of map interactions for those who enjoy that sort of thing (I know I do). I believe these little interactions really contribute to character growth and just make the game better. I've restrained from significantly changing much of the overall dialogue in the prologue/early chapter 1, but I have added a few new interactions throughout. I've also re-added something that had disappeared in version 0.11, which I'll talk about next week.

YT

Reactions: erg1986

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
and another update post from YummyTiger
Thank you for sharing those posts, look like the next release are closer and closer. But are the girl on the previous post the female MC new design? I rather prefer the blonde elven girl in the old version than the new one

warmax42

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you for sharing those posts, look like the next release are closer and closer. But are the girl on the previous post the female MC new design? I rather prefer the blonde elven girl in the old version than the new one
You haven't played the current version to the end have you? The girl in the brown clothes is _not_ the main character - she is another girl in the town, that's actually there in the current version that's out. The main character should still be the blond elf.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
and another post by YummyTiger

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

since his post is big. i posted it as a spoiler even though it isnt
Impressive! I must say the idea of dynamically interact and that every action will give different react and how it will turn out really ambitious and make me want to find out how it will be when the update finally release

Dec 9, 2017

One thing that has changed throughout this entire ordeal is the character artwork. I can say with 100% certainty that my biggest frustration with RPG Maker VX Ace was the screen size. I hated scaling artwork down and I felt it always made some part of the character look screwy.

While the upcoming release won't be loaded with brand new content, it will feature significantly higher resolution artwork. Every character has seen improvements to fit the new higher resolution. Above, you can see Triste as she now appears in game.

i get email's from his patreon when he post's something so he is active and. he makes it on RPGMV since the screenresolutions on VXacehe whas having problems hence that whas giving him a hard time
Oh, if he was porting from VXAce to Mv that explains a lot, VXACE is scripted in Ruby, while MV uses an entirely different coding language.
Any scripts he was using would have to be rewritten from scratch in a language he likely wasn't familiar with.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
Hush~.. no rush. What if a new version of rpgm is coming? Why not wait just a little more and port Aylia again? We can't just open rpgm and put it together. That's a big no-no.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes