RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
There was literally an update in January. I don't know how you define "abandoned," but there is clearly work being done on the game.
Maybe in the patreon but not in this site so since i cannot seen patreon update since i am not a patreon i could only date update from what it hapen in this site. and in this site last update was 2 decembre 2017.
and that is a long time most other game would have be tag as abandoned in this site after 6 month so maybe it time to made a publique realse or that some one leak the famouse update? i heart of it for long but rarely seen it and when that hapen it just a minor update like a beter draw of a cg that is already great beford the update
I think you are too perfectioniste after a certain point of good cg you should just stop to improved it and continue to do new stuff instead of improved stuff that already pass the great quality mark
Personaly i hope to seen the game one day since i love the demo but i don t know if it likely

saugdian

Nov 20, 2021
Well, it's officially happened and I've received an MD in the time it has taken Yummytiger to release anything past the prologue. Frankly, I don't think this project is going anywhere and it should probably be abandoned for closure. There isn't a shortage of more ambitious games that have made it from the concept stage to a final release in the time this has taken, some even by a single person.

To address YummyTiger directly, I think you should seriously consider whether or not you actually have the drive, passion or resources to complete this project. If you actually enjoyed doing what you have been doing, it probably wouldn't have taken this long. I would be ecstatic if you could prove me wrong, but I think we both know that that isn't going to happen.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Well, it's officially happened and I've received an MD in the time it has taken Yummytiger to release anything past the prologue. Frankly, I don't think this project is going anywhere and it should probably be abandoned for closure. There isn't a shortage of more ambitious games that have made it from the concept stage to a final release in the time this has taken, some even by a single person.

To address YummyTiger directly, I think you should seriously consider whether or not you actually have the drive, passion or resources to complete this project. If you actually enjoyed doing what you have been doing, it probably wouldn't have taken this long. I would be ecstatic if you could prove me wrong, but I think we both know that that isn't going to happen.
I cannot comprehend why so many people care if there is an "abandoned" tag vs. an "on hold" tag. I mean, there has been work done and released this year, there are still updates on Patreon, and I'm here responding, so if you want to consider that abandoned, go ahead. Truly, if a mod feels it should be labeled abandoned, it won't have any dramatic impact on me. I'll keep updating on Patreon and put out releases when they are ready. It still won't be abandoned, but again, whatever.

Congrats on your MD. I finished my PhD two years ago. I'm glad others have finished their games. I still struggle to find games that are aiming to accomplish what I'd like Aylia's Story to do (slow burn corruption that is well written), but if you've found games that satisfy what you're looking for great. Good luck to you.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
Probably, Yummy learned unity or unreal engine by now, but still need to test some stuff. Don't ask him too many questions. You know yummy. I believe the amazing concept will be ported one more time and all of our minds will be blown away. probably Lets hold our breath just a little longer for a Star Citizen II: Aylia in Space edition with the greatest story and a book edition. If I'm too high and sarcastic again, I'm sorry.. but we must just believe in Yummy. Prolog is great..

• Haha
Reactions: AlisaB and Davos2

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
For what it's worth, a proper update on things is that I've ported the game to MV. That required me to find and replace all the custom scripts I had in VX Ace. I've done 90% of that, but still need to finalize the achievements and status menus, and I will need to get the battle system working--which I still plan to hire out.

It also required fixing artwork and tilesets so they looked good in resolutions higher than 640x480. Given that the primary tilesets I was using are not even licensed to be used in MV, I ultimately had to redo the maps. I believe they look better for it, but it was time consuming. I probably care more about how maps look than I should, but I believe a quality map compliments the experience.

All the artwork, including standing portraits have been manually upscaled or redrawn. Aylia's facial features have been fixed (primarily her eyes) in most artwork for consistency. I had been doing a lot of experimenting back when I first created this, so artwork varied. Now, it should be fairly consistent in quality throughout.

All the work on MV has been since the conversion really started last August/September (with some significant breaks in there). That's still far too slow to be effective, but progress is picking up. I'm really hoping that once the UI and system components are done, that the mapping/artwork/writing portions can be done in a much more reasonable timeframe.

I plan to release the first real MV release publicly, so I'll post it here and if Oiz wants to update the first page, he can. Hope that clarifies things for people who are interested. It was a lot of work to convert things over, but as I play a game like Princess of Zeven (which seems like a really good game), I surely do not miss the 640x480 VX Ace system and tilesets. Thanks!

artikus123

Jan 8, 2018
Did u even have a idea of just relasing some updates without fixing art and everything just to silence haters and than fix some arts like haven studios did? Just a random though.
Im not trying to hate u or st for sure.
Still I cant wait to see ur work if u can answer my last question about realsing date I would be satisfied.
Sorry if my English offense someone

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Did u even have a idea of just relasing some updates without fixing art and everything just to silence haters and than fix some arts like haven studios did? Just a random though.
Im not trying to hate u or st for sure.
Still I cant wait to see ur work if u can answer my last question about realsing date I would be satisfied.
Sorry if my English offense someone
Any time I give a release date, it gets me in trouble. As for just releasing something, I did in January for patrons. It wasn't something I considered ready for a public release.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
This is actually still being worked on? Wow, I assumed it was dead. Had high hopes for it years ago. Good job porting it to MV though. Every time I run across a VX game these days it's noticable how much worse it is than MV.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
we all know the deal with Yummy. just ignore it. its getting old with the same talk over and over again.
he release when he's ready, no matter what he say, or promise, just ignore that. he will not change just because u complain or state any facts. he will just spend time posting some answer that in the end means nothing.

Darkanon

Mar 21, 2018
Yummy: /knows release dates are trouble/

Also Yummy:
View attachment 1869999
we all know the deal with Yummy. just ignore it. its getting old with the same talk over and over again.
he release when he's ready, no matter what he say, or promise, just ignore that. he will not change just because u complain or state any facts. he will just spend time posting some answer that in the end means nothing.
At this point I believe the whole "game development" is one big social project to analyze how people react to hyper trolling.
Hey at least its money per game update on the patreon and he at least responds for the most part lmao. Looking at the bright side he could be like Nerion with fountain of mana its been a year with literal no contact from the guy and people still giving him $200 a month

scoojboo

Jul 25, 2017
I think there's a certain level of perfectionism that utterly cripples many authors. On some level, authors need to be willing to post material that is less optimal than their conceivable best. Authors don't grow by re-working the same material forever. Nor do artists. Nor do game-makers. If you just go for it and push forward (by posting fast updates), perhaps the game will not be incredible on its first iteration, but you can always re-make it using what you've learned from your first attempt. This method would probably lead to a better final product and faster too.

Regardless, its not like it's a moral issue. You can work however you so choose to and people have no right to complain. Until you start charging people again, you owe them nothing.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Well the thing is being reworked 3 times or more people get annoyed is no more adult content is added. one thing if graphic is reworked cause everyone here and that plays this type of games. Pretty much like that part esp in nude scenes, but if the game is reworked in fight, story etc over and over then things get annoying and boring for this type of payers/players mm...

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes