RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Sep 16, 2018
I think there's a certain level of perfectionism that utterly cripples many authors. On some level, authors need to be willing to post material that is less optimal than their conceivable best. Authors don't grow by re-working the same material forever. Nor do artists. Nor do game-makers. If you just go for it and push forward (by posting fast updates), perhaps the game will not be incredible on its first iteration, but you can always re-make it using what you've learned from your first attempt. This method would probably lead to a better final product and faster too.

Regardless, its not like it's a moral issue. You can work however you so choose to and people have no right to complain. Until you start charging people again, you owe them nothing.
I mean when you post on a forum you get replies. Don't want complaints? Stop posting about the update that's perpetually coming at the end of the month.

scoojboo

Jul 25, 2017
I mean when you post on a forum you get replies. Don't want complaints? Stop posting about the update that's perpetually coming at the end of the month.
Y'know, I suppose you're correct. If someone clearly states what can be expected of themselves and then fail to deliver upon that expectation, they deserve scorn.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
Captureyum.JPG
and another 2 weeks have passed.. (''a few days to a week'' btw :LOL:)

well, this is just hilarious and another evidence that Yummy will never change. We need to accept Yummy for who Yummy is. Ignore dates.

Reactions: Dalurker

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
hee yummy is your game on hold or not
becausse on this site they are saying your game is on hold but appearently you are still working on the game even though its your 3revisement
yes i have bin following you from the first part out but you later removed tuck on the clothing that the shaman golbin does on the elfen young lady he got out of the crystal
i whould love to that kind of slow corruption. sex should only happen like 4th chapter and further on

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
hee yummy is your game on hold or not
becausse on this site they are saying your game is on hold but appearently you are still working on the game even though its your 3revisement
yes i have bin following you from the first part out but you later removed tuck on the clothing that the shaman golbin does on the elfen young lady he got out of the crystal
i whould love to that kind of slow corruption. sex should only happen like 4th chapter and further on
It's not on hold, I'm working on it. The tag is probably appropriate though until another public release drops, since it's been so long. The game is slow corruption, but I'm aiming to offer enough choice that you can see sex prior to chapter 4.

Reactions: Feyd

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Just a quick heads up. A Patreon-only release recently dropped. It is one that I plan to share publicly at the end of next week. The public release will feature any bugs patrons find and any additional work I complete next week. Thanks for your patience, and see you next week.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017
Nope, it's just the prologue.
Hey, I also just posted on your patreon. Where exactly should I go with bug reports? Everything you do after meeting Dirk causes the game to crash. Is it really just the prologue again? Or is there some extra content?
I've been very sceptical over the years, hope this is a new chapter in the development of your game.

EDIT: Most of what you do breaks the game after this point. I don't know how this got through playtesting and yt decided this was worth a pledged release. Get your fucking shit together, yt. Your writing and art are good.. WAY better than most ERPG's. But you continue to fail to deliver what you promised.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AlisaB

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
The Dirk issue is fixed. If you choose at the bridge to not visit him, you can continue and avoid the crash. It'll be working properly in the public release. Also, I'd prefer if you didn't share my Patreon links. If you're going to share it, use your own mega account, etc. Thank you.

EDIT: The error was a SINGLE sprite on the second page of the event that was pointing to ZV_Dirk_Event, not MV_Dirk_Event. If you go to that event, it will continue to error out. I'm a single person testing hundreds of events and missed this one.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017
The Dirk issue is fixed. If you choose at the bridge to not visit him, you can continue and avoid the crash. It'll be working properly in the public release. Also, I'd prefer if you didn't share my Patreon links. If you're going to share it, use your own mega account, etc. Thank you.
No problem. I'm no longer a patron of yours. I, and pretty much everyone still following you saw great potential in your work. But after years of lies you release this unplayable buggy mess as a pledged release. And its still just the prologue? And you said it was playtested? The Dirk issue is not the only problem. Going to the inn breaks the game. Good luck and goodbye.

• Angry
Reactions: NoMoreParanoia

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
No problem. I'm no longer a patron of yours. I, and pretty much everyone still following you saw great potential in your work. But after years of lies you release this unplayable buggy mess as a pledged release. And its still just the prologue? And you said it was playtested? The Dirk issue is not the only problem. Going to the inn breaks the game. Good luck and goodbye.

Issues fixed and uploaded. The Inn issue doesn't appear in editor testing because it was related to a move route. Anyways, I was pretty damn clear across the board that this was a release of the MV prologue. Basically, every aspect of the game has been changed to move to MV. Had to recreate maps, sounds, etc. as the past stuff was not licensed in MV but only VX Ace. Artwork is all upscaled or completely redrawn at a much higher resolution. None of the VX Ace scripts work in MV, so those had to be recreated or custom ones found. This stuff takes a lot of time, and as I said, after years of inactivity, development had to restart somewhere. This is where things are, Aylia's Story just ran it's FIRST pledge ever, and all of that money will go to commissioning the remaining plugins necessary.

You got to do you, and I'm sorry it didn't live up to your expectations. Hopefully, you'll give it a try in September when the next public release will drop. Have a good day, and good luck finding some games that you enjoy.

EDIT: I'll be forming a small testing group for future releases to hopefully avoid similar issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kemannaro

combige

Jun 30, 2017
Haha, seething after 8 or something years is something.
At least, here my hopes are higher than on Project SAGE (yep, they still are, but it's just only personal estimation). Good luck, Yummy, gonna wait for elvish debauchery.

Sep 16, 2018
You remade the prologue yet again and made it a PLEDGED update? On the plus side you just gave up the one defense you had against this being a scam.

edit:

I totally forgot about this project since I barely receive messages about it.

He's not charging me anything so I don't have a problem with that.
From the roadmap, I see you didn't both to correct them. Your poor patrons.

• Angry
Reactions: NoMoreParanoia

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
You remade the prologue yet again and made it a PLEDGED update? On the plus side you just gave up the one defense you had against this being a scam.
I did. There was no way to port the project to MV without remaking it. I have been crystal clear about what this upcoming release entailed. The alpha releases late last year and in January also made it readily apparent where the project was going. I've posted about the upcoming pledged update for over 3 months now. It's not like I'm dropping this as a surprise.

Anyways, I'm going to continue making Aylia's Story for my patrons. You are welcome to ignore it and play any of the other games out there. I offer patrons the option of a refund of their last pledge if they choose. This is the first and only pledge to Aylia's Story for thousands of hours of work between the VX Ace prologue and the MV port. That money will in turn go to commission the remaining system components necessary to move this project forward.

As always, you control whether you pledge or not. If you don't want to contribute to this game, then don't. If you do, then thank you. I appreciate your support. Have a nice day.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes