RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
My Patreon has updated with the MV 0.11 Public release. I've also created an Itch.io webpage where you can download the release. Thanks!

Patreon:
Itch.io:
I'll try it later, but my hopes are low. If It's good though, yay.

Dalurker

Apr 11, 2018
'tis a christmas miracle! Lol.

If it is just the prologue, it's probably just the same game I played in 2017, but hey, it's been 5 years, so I don't remember much.

Going to give it a try later on.

erg1986

May 25, 2018
I'll try it later, but my hopes are low. If It's good though, yay.
'tis a christmas miracle! Lol.

If it is just the prologue, it's probably just the same game I played in 2017, but hey, it's been 5 years, so I don't remember much.

Going to give it a try later on.
There is nothing to see. After going around the town, you go to the church and then you go home to sleep. Only picture is sitting with panties visible at the very end.

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
There is nothing to see. After going around the town, you go to the church and then you go home to sleep. Only picture is sitting with panties visible at the very end.
Huh. Rather depressing but I'll keep my word and try it regardless. Thank you for the info though.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Just for people's knowledge, here is what is changed from the last public release:
  • The game is now in MV and scaled to 1152x648 instead of 640x480.
  • Every map is in a higher resolution tileset with lots of custom tiles
  • The dialogue has gone through another edit, and many exploration events have been added. If you choose to explore, you'll find lots of fun interactions.
  • All the CGs have been increased in resolution and any issues fixed. At least half of them have been completely redrawn for the new resolution
  • The battle system is now implemented with a completely custom HUD and custom companion system for Bogwort.
  • Portraits in the game have been revamped for the increased resolution and in some cases redrawn. Multiple expressions were added and Kira in particular is significantly different.
  • The end of the prologue has been changed to reflect where the story has transitioned to over the years.

There is a lot more I'm not thinking of right now, but I think it's a bit silly to say there is "nothing to see." There has been a ton of work put into getting this release to where it is at. Tons of the artwork. The game is playing great, and shouldn't have many bugs. It's in a better state than it has EVER been, and I can now build on this foundation going forward. I'm extremely excited about it, and while I know that not everyone will share that sentiment, I hope those that give it a fair shake, enjoy it.

Last edited:

BlackDread

Jun 14, 2017
If you only saw 1 CG then you must have went out of your way to avoid them. I'm not saying theres loads but theres a good amount for the length

The_Alex

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Wow - time just flew by over the last years. Feels like development started just yesterday...

But uhm... the game jumped to the title screen right after the talk in the backyard of Bogwarts house at night. Is that supposed to be the end of that version?
I hope not - because about 5 years ago there was more spicy content then there would be now. I remember some dialogue where you could bring parts of Aylias tits to show. That was the end of the last version I played.

Please tell me that it is a bug and the content did not even reduce over the past years! :D

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Wow - time just flew by over the last years. Feels like development started just yesterday...

But uhm... the game jumped to the title screen right after the talk in the backyard of Bogwarts house at night. Is that supposed to be the end of that version?
I hope not - because about 5 years ago there was more spicy content then there would be now. I remember some dialogue where you could bring parts of Aylias tits to show. That was the end of the last version I played.

Please tell me that it is a bug and the content did not even reduce over the past years! :D
That is the end of this version. The game has basically been on hiatus for years (hence the on hold tag) and development restarted late last year.

That one particular scene was extended in a version years ago, but it was never meant to play out like that in the long run. That was a test for chat events to get patron input. The night time chats will occur throughout the game and evolve accordingly now, so there are spicy bits, but you have not got to a point to unlock them.

Reactions: Feyd and Dalurker

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
Thank you Yummy for persisting through the years. I'm downloading this now and can't wait to see how it behaves in MV with higher resolution. I hope you are able to start expanding the story after this.

Now I've got to go check and See if George RR Martin, or David Gerrold have managed to push through their creative block.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Thank you Yummy for persisting through the years. I'm downloading this now and can't wait to see how it behaves in MV with higher resolution. I hope you are able to start expanding the story after this.

Now I've got to go check and See if George RR Martin, or David Gerrold have managed to push through their creative block.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Wow, thanks for graphical updates, Yummy. Hopefully, you will continue the story in the next update.
There was a lot more than just graphical updates. The battle system didn't come together by magic. But yes, now that I have a working MV version with the complete prologue, I'm working on advancing the story. I'm very excited to draw and write new content.

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
So far I am reminded exactly how great this game is. I'm very excited to see more. I have ran into a problem on my machine that soft locked the game when I leave the mine site into the forest. I assume it relates to an error I get at launch (NW.js being out of date or something like that). I've downloaded the latest version of NW.js but haven't installed it yet to see if it fixes the issue.

Update:
The soft lock probably didn't have to do with NW.js (the error was that my NW was too new), however it was more likely due to a butterfly impeding the pathing to the tree when she want to hug it. Since she can't walk through it her movement never finishes and she never continues her conversation. I have no good ideas on how to fix this....... maybe set zoning to disallow butterflies to travel to the area between the trigger point and the tree.

Last edited:

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Tried it. Short, battle system seems promising even if not fully shown yet. Not much else to comment on. Art is nice, though that was never an issue.

Reactions: Dalurker

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
The soft lock probably didn't have to do with NW.js (the error was that my NW was too new), however it was more likely due to a butterfly impeding the pathing to the tree when she want to hug it. Since she can't walk through it her movement never finishes and she never continues her conversation. I have no good ideas on how to fix this....... maybe set zoning to disallow butterflies to travel to the area between the trigger point and the tree.
Will make a note of this. That's a pretty unlucky scenario that the butterfly just happened to move in the event path. What I'll do is keep the butterflies immobile until that scene happens that then they'll initiate when it finishes. Thanks for the report!

The NW.js error is not an issue, but I may update it to get rid of the error. I was told that updated NW.js can open up other issues, but we'll see.

Art is nice, though that was never an issue.
That's probably more because you don't remember what it used to look like. But yes, most of the reason for redrawing and fixing the art was because I didn't like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fulgartech and Feyd

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
My Patreon has updated with the MV 0.11 Public release. I've also created an Itch.io webpage where you can download the release. Thanks!

Patreon:
Itch.io:
Good to see you back in action Yummy Tiger!

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes