RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes
May 23, 2017
So the new release has no additional content? :FeelsBadMan:

I really liked the setting of this game, but the developer makes it very hard to enjoy with buggy releases and lack of content.
There is some content but it is unplayable after prologue. EVERYTHING you do breaks the game

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
So the new release has no additional content? :FeelsBadMan:

I really liked the setting of this game, but the developer makes it very hard to enjoy with buggy releases and lack of content.
a guy on 4chan mentioned that yummy added 0.3 MB to the prologue version he released in May, 2 months ago.
0.15 MB of game date per month

trashhumper

Aug 6, 2016
I've already unsubscribed. He already charged once preemptively (for Ch.1 I believe?), but his development progress thus far has been a joke. The failed deliveries, broken promises, etc. started off as being mildly amusing/endearing, but over a year in, it started to become frustrating, and now after nearly 3 years of the same thing and almost zero shown progress, it's just sad. The original (playable) demo showed some promise, but after replaying it, I'm not sure all the hype was ever justified. We've had way better games come our way in the interim years since. I hope YT proves us doubters all wrong, but I'm no longer anxiously awaiting anything on his end, and am happy to have his BS train out of my Patreon feed.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
To those that pledged in the past. Thank you for your pledge. I offer refunds if you'd like your money back from the one pledge I ran last April, just message me on Patreon.

As for the comments, sorry people are so disappointed. I only opened Patreon for donations, never intending it to be more than a hobby--unlike the flurry of Patreons that are setup now with moneymaking as their priority. It kind of ballooned bigger than I'd have ever guessed. The versions you've been playing were never intended to be playable, fun versions. They are labeled "alpha" and "tech demo" for a reason. That's also why I didn't bother sharing them beyond Patreon. They were to show patrons new artwork and dialogue, that's it. It's not the same prologue re-released (there are quite substantial differences), but it's not chapter 1 either.

@Oiz: I didn't ban you actually, a new team member did--he also told me about this thread. I don't mind things being shared, but I'd rather they get properly labeled so people don't waste time downloading them and expecting it to be a playable, bug-free experience. I'll see if I can remove the ban, if you want. Otherwise, I'm sure if it ever gets released, you'll still be able to play it. Thanks for your pledge.

odiorevolver

Dec 14, 2016
Well, people should understand that they paid for the translation of another game, not the chapter one of Aylia.
I just hope that chapter 1 will be released before the end of this year, otherwise Ill just forget that this game exists.
I still have nightmares about a slow turtle that went missing

Reactions: Krull

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
@Oiz: I didn't ban you actually, a new team member did--he also told me about this thread. I don't mind things being shared, but I'd rather they get properly labeled so people don't waste time downloading them and expecting it to be a playable, bug-free experience. I'll see if I can remove the ban, if you want. Otherwise, I'm sure if it ever gets released, you'll still be able to play it. Thanks for your pledge.
First of all, thanks for going out of your way to clear that up. I wasn't really mad at getting banned, since you explicitly said in a patreon post, that you didn't want this version to be leaked, because you knew it was buggy and not ready to be played. (I was a bit sad, though)

It would be great if you could lift my ban, since Aylia's Story is still something I want to support and I don't mind waiting another 6 months with you pledge system. I mean, I've been there since the thread was first started on ULMF and everytime people on ULMF or 4retards flamed the shit out of you and your game I suffered with you, thinking that you hopefully don't abandon your game because of those dicks. I still think it's probably the most ambitious english adult rpg maker game so far.
Can't lie, though. I'd really like to play through chapter 1. :pokerFace:

Just to be sure: Would my pledge just get reactivated, or would I need to pledge again manually?#

EDIT:
Oh and.. Sorry for blaming you. I thought you'd at least get notified before people get banned, so you can have the last call for stuff like that.

Reactions: SloppyJohnson

Gomez

Mar 21, 2017
The last post of the turtle who show the progress of chapter 1 is now 8 Month ago. At this time you sad that 2/3 of chapter 1 was already polished. Now 8 Month later (5 or 6 Month full time work on the game) you release parts of chapter 1 with nearly no new content and buggy as hell (ok you said its just a alpha / tech demo).
One reason could be that you have absolutely nothing exept the alpha you posted on patreon and you just lied about the progress. No other reason comes into my mind.

Your prolog is great, thats the reason why the people still care about your game and I realy want to play chapter 1 but I dont have much hope that chapter 1 will ever be released after this long time.

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
To those that pledged in the past. Thank you for your pledge. I offer refunds if you'd like your money back from the one pledge I ran last April, just message me on Patreon.

As for the comments, sorry people are so disappointed. I only opened Patreon for donations, never intending it to be more than a hobby--unlike the flurry of Patreons that are setup now with moneymaking as their priority. It kind of ballooned bigger than I'd have ever guessed. The versions you've been playing were never intended to be playable, fun versions. They are labeled "alpha" and "tech demo" for a reason. That's also why I didn't bother sharing them beyond Patreon. They were to show patrons new artwork and dialogue, that's it. It's not the same prologue re-released (there are quite substantial differences), but it's not chapter 1 either.

@Oiz: so, YT is confirmed to be the dev?

Oiz

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
@Oiz: so, YT is confirmed to be the dev?
I can't confirm shit, but I have no reason to doubt it. Judging by the post we can at assume it's the real Yummy. Also there's no reason for an impostor to take on YTs identity and offer refunds. It only hurt the actual creator in the end and not be helpful. Of course there's always the small chance it could not be the real one, but I think the glass is half full.

Should I get unbanned like YT offered it to me, than we can be sure it's the real deal.
But anyways. I have no reason to doubt it's the real one. Giving him a developer rank is not my decision anyways, but the staff's.

odiorevolver

Dec 14, 2016
I bet he is yummy, he talks like him, if he is not he put a lot of time trying to sound like him or copy pasted a couple of his messages XD

Last edited:

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
@Oiz You're unbanned. You have to manually pledge again, but I've made a note that you've already pledged $10.00. I doubt I'd forget it anyways, given the uniqueness of the entire situation. As for notifying me, he did notify me of all bans, but he did them prior to notification. That has been remedied. That's also why I know about this thread and your ban, I just had not had the time to fully investigate it until now.

@Gomez you're not the only one who's lost hope in ever seeing the game. I've gotten plenty of those comments. I've stuck with it for over 2 years, and I'll be damned if I'm going to fail now. I've got my art abilities where I want them finally, I've got a scripter who can actually make RPG Maker do what I want, I've got a fleshed out world and storyline that took me forever to design and write. If nothing else, every time I see someone say, "He's full of shit and won't finish," it just reinforces that I'll finish the fucking game. It'll be a pretty sweet feeling to release a full, well crafted game as a big fucking thank you to all those who never game up.

Thanks for the comments and interest.

Oiz

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
@Oiz You're unbanned. You have to manually pledge again, but I've made a note that you've already pledged $10.00. I doubt I'd forget it anyways, given the uniqueness of the entire situation. As for notifying me, he did notify me of all bans, but he did them prior to notification. That has been remedied. That's also why I know about this thread and your ban, I just had not had the time to fully investigate it until now.
Thanks, that's great.
Can confirm that I'm unbanned and able to pledge again, in case anyone is still doubting, it's the real YummyTiger.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes