Unreal Engine Azinyth: My Succubus Friends [Demo 1] [aZephyNight]

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Not sure how many times I'm allowed to post in here (heh) but I've uploaded a new version that fixes many performance related issues (Previously, I noticed there was substantial lag on the title screen) and now I'm getting 64 fps there so... Hopefully it's playable now! Also adjusted characters eye size per Penniless Degenerate's idea, so I thank them for that! The latest version is now on .
Ask for Ownership of your game threads and request the game developers tag
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
I'm so so so sorry, I forget the simplest debug boolean to turn back off when done, and I guess I didn't playtest the damn thing like an idiot :( I uploaded a patch. Launch of this game hasn't gone well, to say the least :p

Edit: Whoops another glitch in the latest demo, Ciscara's right boob was contorted in animation due to blender export error :cautious: but ive fixed it

Side note: I wanna say how thankful I am for this community existing. I wouldn't have anyone else to help me with this project, and you all have been able to provide feedback and catch me on my.... shortcomings, haha.

Last edited:

sbof1

Sep 23, 2020
First time commenting since making an account. Make the tennis scene skippable or less bad. I beat it, but it's just infuriating. Otherwise, good game so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: azephynight

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
First time commenting since making an account. Make the tennis scene skippable or less bad. I beat it, but it's just infuriating. Otherwise, good game so far.
Can do :) May come by the next release of content since I probably shouldn't obsess over creating the perfect demo. Appreciate it nonetheless! Question for mods, if my ticket to claim the thread is accepted, I can freely post game updates here? :)

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
How do you even play this? Every time i start the game it's just in free cam mode...
You're playing the old version, I fixed this glitch. Get the latest at .

Unfortunately, the download links on the first post of this thread are the older version...

Edit: Thanks so much!

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Sarica

VerticeLupus

Aug 12, 2020
Glad to see the game shared here, and it's always nice to see the game's Dev on board as well. ;)Thanks for the share! I look forward to trying it out and playing future updates. (y)

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
Who's the milf?
Is she an actual mom?
What are her kids like?
How can I avoid giving her my V-card?

Will there be virgin female characters to initiate the MC into adulthood?
Is the MC a virgin at the start of the game, even?
Or has he had a previous GF and just dumped her
to go meet/fuck with the demons?

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
Who's the milf?
Is she an actual mom?
What are her kids like?
How can I avoid giving her my V-card?

Will there be virgin female characters to initiate the MC into adulthood?
Is the MC a virgin at the start of the game, even?
Or has he had a previous GF and just dumped her
to go meet/fuck with the demons?
Some of these I'll keep secret for now, but I like the intrigue and ideas!

She is in fact a mom. Sex with her is optional... but how could you resist?

The MC has previously been very awkward and unconfident, so he has not had any previous girlfriends, though he has had crushes. So he is still a virgin at the beginning of the game! His attitude towards sex and succubi changes over time.

There are also human characters the MC has sex with.

And Some demons can even still be virgins, too!

Last edited:

Chaika-chan

Sep 22, 2018
My guess with the optimization is likely either in reducing high particle effects (fog) or high polycount on the models based on how the power draw spikes are occuring on my end.

I'm only slightly in, and have noticed that there's no button to bring up the menu to save or go through the settings options like sound or auto text mid-game. If you're using the JP style Z/X and arrow combo, X would usually bring up the menu, or right click a la renpy style. I also noticed the 'main volume' slider starts at 0 and currently does nothing. Ideally, there'd be at the very least a music slider (i usually always bring that down to 20-50% in these games) and a main vol. slider, and then maybe voice and sfx sliders depending on what you implement down the line.

As for the text, you have it animated to stop and start to match the character talking speed which is nice, but does cause confusion when you click to advance and it skips the whole box. (And especially so since there's no lookback/text history like renpy, so you completely skip with no way to see what was said) Typically, VNs will have a click to finish filling the entire textbox if they're still animating letters, and then a click when all the text is visible will move to the next set. If you're worried about those wanting to skip through quickly to reach scenes without clicking a ton, holding ctrl typically does the quick autoskip in most VNs.

I'm pretty sure I disabled the auto play feature, but when the >>Next button shows during the first sex scene, it waits a few seconds and beeps like I clicked continue regardless rather than waiting to be pressed.

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
Some of these I'll keep secret for now, but I like the intrigue and ideas!

She is in fact a mom. Sex with her is optional... but how could you resist?

The MC has previously been very awkward and unconfident, so he has not had any previous girlfriends, though he has had crushes. So he is still a virgin at the beginning of the game! His attitude towards sex and succubi changes over time.

There are also human characters the MC has sex with.

And Some demons can even still be virgins, too!
I'm very intrigued if any of the virgin demons are lust demons.
That would imply two things: either they're young and are still feeding off their parents mana, or they're dubiously ineffective at getting their own ;-;
I just can't stop thinking about a couple of formerly dysfunctional human/demon making do with what they can in terms of sexual technique, learning off of others once they get over their possible shame and eventually having to part ways to find.. better partners.

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
My guess with the optimization is likely either in reducing high particle effects (fog) or high polycount on the models based on how the power draw spikes are occuring on my end.

I'm only slightly in, and have noticed that there's no button to bring up the menu to save or go through the settings options like sound or auto text mid-game. If you're using the JP style Z/X and arrow combo, X would usually bring up the menu, or right click a la renpy style. I also noticed the 'main volume' slider starts at 0 and currently does nothing. Ideally, there'd be at the very least a music slider (i usually always bring that down to 20-50% in these games) and a main vol. slider, and then maybe voice and sfx sliders depending on what you implement down the line.

As for the text, you have it animated to stop and start to match the character talking speed which is nice, but does cause confusion when you click to advance and it skips the whole box. (And especially so since there's no lookback/text history like renpy, so you completely skip with no way to see what was said) Typically, VNs will have a click to finish filling the entire textbox if they're still animating letters, and then a click when all the text is visible will move to the next set. If you're worried about those wanting to skip through quickly to reach scenes without clicking a ton, holding ctrl typically does the quick autoskip in most VNs.

I'm pretty sure I disabled the auto play feature, but when the >>Next button shows during the first sex scene, it waits a few seconds and beeps like I clicked continue regardless rather than waiting to be pressed.
Thanks for the advice! My next plan is in fact to add a text history, Danganronpa style. I forgot to implement the actual volume slider, haha. I will also add a right click or X to autocomplete the VN text, as well as making the left click only advance it if the text is done typing out. (Pressing the X key actually does autocomplete it, I just forgot to carry that functionality to the right mouse button.)

The reason there is no pause menu is because I couldn't for the life of me get it to work with the cutscenes, when unpaused things would always go terribly wrong, and you could glitch it to where the scene would continue without any textboxes... But I may try to implement it again, sometime.

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
I'm very intrigued if any of the virgin demons are lust demons.
That would imply two things: either they're young and are still feeding off their parents mana, or they're dubiously ineffective at getting their own ;-;
I just can't stop thinking about a couple of formerly dysfunctional human/demon making do with what they can in terms of sexual technique, learning off of others once they get over their possible shame and eventually having to part ways to find.. better partners.
A specific character struggles with this exact thing! She wants to focus more on her hobbies, so she often relies on her mother to gather her magic for her, because she isn't as open to the idea of sex... The MC comes along and starts to warm her up to it.

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
A specific character struggles with this exact thing! She wants to focus more on her hobbies, so she often relies on her mother to gather her magic for her, because she isn't as open to the idea of sex... The MC comes along and starts to warm her up to it.
well, if there's a way for her to be his first, then that's a win-win.

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
Screenshot (2805).png
Little preview of the improvements I've done to the facial appearance I've done to the characters, as well as cute new outfit for Ciscara. And wow, is that a new character on the far right that I definitely didn't put there on purpose!?? no way!!!

Chaika-chan

Sep 22, 2018
The reason there is no pause menu is because I couldn't for the life of me get it to work with the cutscenes, when unpaused things would always go terribly wrong, and you could glitch it to where the scene would continue without any textboxes... But I may try to implement it again, sometime.
I don't know that it needs to pause, but just bring up an overlay for settings adjustments (and maybe save if you want). That, or maybe it's something like hover near the top edge to drop a menu, or a hamburger/gear button somewhere on the UI to access it.

As for the eye size changes, it is definitely up to your style and artistic direction. I'm used to the overstyled large eyes, so the original didn't bug me as much, though it is definitely a cartoon-ish 'squished' face with the nose so high/between the eyes. The new eyes are also fine, though you may find it harder to express emotion with less of a blatantly large visual, and you may want to tweak the overall shape of the lids and eyebrow position (it's a bit high right now). With the half closed eyes (related to pupil size) and high brows, they do look more high/intoxicated/vacant at the moment.

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
Thanks for the further feedback. Would you say this is a step in the right direction? I realized I really like another one of my character's face far more than the others, so I gleaned some details from hers to everyone else.

Before
3745`843018=4967`300293=272`0=0`0=2`877627=-92`321281=41`519974.png

After
3745`843018=4967`300293=272`490997=0`0=2`877627=-92`321281=41`519974.png
(May make the lips more subtle in the future)

Chaika-chan

Sep 22, 2018
From my perspective (one of potentially hundreds/thousands out there) they look fine to me, but don't take my word as bible by any means. I think the main thing is variation is key unless there's a limiting factor like rig/filesize/workflow efficiency. A mix of some with the previous eyelash outline shape which seems more 'natural/without makeup', and some with the new which gives the effect of more mascara/eyeliner can give more personality and visual variation between characters and help possibly highlight their personalities. Same goes for the lips. In this case, the right two seem to wear the thicker/colored lips better, but it could be the overall mouth position (they seem to have a more straight lip as opposed to the left two seeming to have permanent smiles). Very harsh color contrast can make it look like very heavy makeup vs a more 'natural' look with less. Some might have a larger 'M' on the upper lip, while some might have a larger U for a pouty bottom lip. Other variation might be height, build, breasts, hips, etc, but as mentioned before, it may make things more complex for animation, especially if you plan to reuse poses between characters. I would really sit down and think about if it would cause any issues down the road for what you want to do with the models before jumping into anything more drastic.

My other minor critique is that the blush seems very artificial being such a stark 'raccoon band' across the cheeks. The top is probably fine, but if there's a way to more subtly blend/fade the bottom side at the cheeks, it might look a bit more natural.

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
From my perspective (one of potentially hundreds/thousands out there) they look fine to me, but don't take my word as bible by any means. I think the main thing is variation is key unless there's a limiting factor like rig/filesize/workflow efficiency. A mix of some with the previous eyelash outline shape which seems more 'natural/without makeup', and some with the new which gives the effect of more mascara/eyeliner can give more personality and visual variation between characters and help possibly highlight their personalities. Same goes for the lips. In this case, the right two seem to wear the thicker/colored lips better, but it could be the overall mouth position (they seem to have a more straight lip as opposed to the left two seeming to have permanent smiles). Very harsh color contrast can make it look like very heavy makeup vs a more 'natural' look with less. Some might have a larger 'M' on the upper lip, while some might have a larger U for a pouty bottom lip. Other variation might be height, build, breasts, hips, etc, but as mentioned before, it may make things more complex for animation, especially if you plan to reuse poses between characters. I would really sit down and think about if it would cause any issues down the road for what you want to do with the models before jumping into anything more drastic.

My other minor critique is that the blush seems very artificial being such a stark 'raccoon band' across the cheeks. The top is probably fine, but if there's a way to more subtly blend/fade the bottom side at the cheeks, it might look a bit more natural.
Thanks so much, basically tells me everything I need to know. You're right cause the right character works so well because there isn't much contrast of her face to eyes. I think my plan now is to extend the original (old) lashes down slightly (not using the heavy mascara) and seeing how that goes.
Also I've tried to tweak the blush before but it never looks right :cry: but ill try again with this is in mind

Thanks again, it means a lot :)

azephynight

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2022
Tiny little update adds a volume slider, and a pause menu accessible anywhere. (y)

NEW FEATURES:
Pause button in the top left corner at all times of gameplay! Note it doesn't actually pause dialogue or scenes, it just puts the settings menu above the game.
Volume slider in the menu now functions.

Changelog:
Fixed blank dialogue after tennis, as well as potential crash
Between rooms and dialogues, there was only a fade out and not a fade in.
Improved eye texture
Changed some sex scenes to create less clipping.
Changed some camera angles during sex scenes.