VN Ren'Py Abandoned Azure Nights [Ch. 1.1] [JG Productions]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Not terrible, I like Zoe, and Ruby, but can't see myself ever liking Sophie, she is a slut and nothing you could do would lessen the facts as told by Zoe, and Ruby that she comes home with random guy's whom she always has sex with.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
And this is why I said adjustments should be made to the dev. The scene should be avoidable /stoppable or people are going to complain. but instead I see someone jumping on those suggesting the dev change something. I did not suggest the change to Sophie as a complaint but as a way to avoid them. If the scene for the potential LI was stoppable I am willing to bet no one would complain. But hey I have only played a few hundred of these games and well writing my own but I don't know shit about how people react to scenes like that.
I mean no offense, but given your signature, you may not be the most objective person when it comes to any other male besides the MC having sex in games. Your bias may be affecting how you perceive what is in the game, and what I said in response.

Anyway, the problem is, there will always be complaints. Every single game thread on this site has complaints. Even the wildly successful ones like Being a Dik. You're always going to have people pulling to include, remove, or adjust certain scenes/fetishes/characters. That's a fact. The successful games, acknowledge the complaints, but don't make any changes to their vision. When people start adjusting their games to try and please everyone, or to not offend anyone, the quality starts to go down because their heart isn't in it anymore. It happens a lot. Often because devs are trying to pull in as many Patrons as possible, but then the primary focus becomes gaining Patrons, and not delivering a high quality game. It's hard to write a story/develop a game when you're constantly walking on egg shells on what you should or shouldn't include.

Like I said, if the dev sees a suggestion that won't affect their original vision, then go for it. But ONLY if it doesn't affect their original vision.

Last edited:

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I mean no offense, but given your signature, you may not be the most objective person when it comes to any other male besides the MC having sex in games. Your bias may be affecting how you perceive what is in the game, and what I said in response.

Anyway, the problem is, there will always be complaints. Every single game thread on this site has complaints. Even the wildly successful ones like Being a Dik.
No offense taken I am only offering a suggestion not a total change. If players that do not like the idea of a LI doing that then give those players the option right there to stop it. its a option for those types of players not a total change to the entire story just that small part until they finally romance her fully. As it stand go read the other comments people are already saying nope we dont want anything to do with her. give them that option and I bet they change their minds. So why not? It will not harm the story in any way but instead make her more likable to a larger audience if that option is given.

As for DIK one this isnt about that game its about Azure Nights and 2 I will not play anything that dev makes because he lost me with his bullshit game before this.... I am just waiting for someone to die or half the campus to burn down.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
As for DIK one this isnt about that game its about Azure Nights and 2 I will not play anything that dev makes because he lost me with his bullshit game before this.... I am just waiting for someone to die or half the campus to burn down.
The PTSD is real, lol. It's off-topic, so I won't get on it much, but I definitely think someone will die before the end of the game (probably one of the Chiks addicted to drugs).

And I know they're different games. I just brought it up because it's one of the most (if not the most) successful games here, yet they still get complaints. It just goes to show that no matter what, devs need to prepare themselves for the inevitable complaints that will come their way.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
i wanna know the douche bff's secret, how he grew a beard during the car trip :ROFLMAO:

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
Sophie's sex scene made me want to hit 'Ignore' and forget about this game.

Label it as NTR or backstory, or character building, or whatever you want. The scene has the very real effect of making me want to say "nope" ignore and just move on (I've never cared much for labels, and think that arguing over them is the definition of clinically retarded).

To be fair, from a story point of view, I can understand the whole "Whore with a heart of gold" ideal, (though historically this trope was used with a character who was forced by some circumstance into being said 'whore' and would not have chosen this path for themselves), which is not the situation here, she is depicted as being a slut, who is happy to be a slut. Which would also be ok if she was not a love interest.... but Dev says she is.... so...

Whatever anyone wants to call it, or however anyone wants to define the 'technicalities' or apply their own personal opinion based labels, the facts are thus;

- One of the game's potential love interests is depicted (not just in text, and not in the pre-game past) having sex with someone that is not the MC.

- This is neither skippable (happens but MC doesn't see it) or avoidable (The MC can intercede and stop it from happening).

I always say that I support a Dev making their game, their way and I think that is an important attitude for any reasonable 'f95'r to have.

So with the understanding that this game may very much be not for me, I would suggest that the Dev may want to consider who their target audience is. IF they are making this game because they want to do "Their Own Thing" and are just sharing it with the community (which is totally fine), then they should probably put a comment on the front page to this effect (again this is totally fine).

If they are hoping to make this into a $upporter driven project, then they may want to think about how such scenes will be received by many of the players.

I imagine that if the Dev put; "The first vaginal sex scene in the game is between a random (NOT MC) male with a future love interest" that a good deal of potential $upporters would have the same 'knee jerk reaction' that I did and just 'Ignore' and move on.

P.S. I hope these comments are received as constructive (which is how I mean them to be) and not as someone whining. I will always be in favor of a Dev making their game, their way. Even if that means I wish them luck and move on.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
No offense taken I am only offering a suggestion not a total change. If players that do not like the idea of a LI doing that then give those players the option right there to stop it. its a option for those types of players not a total change to the entire story just that small part until they finally romance her fully. As it stand go read the other comments people are already saying nope we dont want anything to do with her. give them that option and I bet they change their minds. So why not? It will not harm the story in any way but instead make her more likable to a larger audience if that option is given.

What option do you have in mind to stop that stuff? You want the MC to barge in on her having sex and give her a good lecture or something? Lol. It will change the story. It will change the character. The people complaining about this are the same 5-10 people that are in every thread doing the same thing. Are you saying that having these guys give you their harem seal of approval is necessary for the well being of the dev? Is it really altruistic?

DA22 said there is some kind of "tone" that is set with the first sex being non MC, but that is only to this certain group. There was no tone of impending doom at all. The problem rests solely on the people that ignore pretty much everything about the story and make up their own weird scenarios in their heads. You guys are living in an echo chamber, seeing the same few people posting the same stuff and facepalm brigading and liking each other's posts. I'm not saying you are acting like it in this thread, but it can get quite toxic. It's probably especially demotivating for devs starting out when the majority of posts are basically asking them to change the story. I don't understand really. Why? Why do you guys have to try and stifle creativity? Is there no room for more than one type of game? There can be NTR games, there can be harem games, incest games, corruption games, drama, romance, and yes, there is room for games that tackle more nuanced and realistic interactions where it's not NTR but people also live their own lives.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
What option do you have in mind to stop that stuff? You want the MC to barge in on her having sex and give her a good lecture or something? Lol. It will change the story. It will change the character.
True thats all we do is bitch and complaining 3 pages worth so far with multiple post by multiple people all saying the same thing about her story. No it would not change her entire story line for every single player but give those players a path they could accept. As it is now almost everyone that has said something leads to the effect that they are not interested in her as a LI at all and some have even gone as far as saying they will ignore the game... This is only in the first 3 pages of posts it will only accumulate as more people try the game and the more anti ntr people start being nasty. I know its not ntr but to the die hard anti crowd a li screwing every dick is to them.
A simple choice for them to stop it right off, hell have her fucking them in the parking lot at the bar or what ever but to have the very first actual sex scene in the game be her fucking a rando as some one else stated is not the best way to introduce a LI in a game with a planned harem. until the player decides what content they want in their game keep it behind the scenes or as a backstory.. pretty simple.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
MC looks like a douchebag. Thats not a bad thing if the story supports this. bonus points for not being a 5 foot tall goblin

Imagine seeing a random girl having sex and getting mad that your "love interest" has a sex life lol. Love interest this, love interest that. It's kinda sad, really.

If you don't want to go for "whores," then just don't go for her. Dev said involvement with her is optional. Telling devs to rewrite a character because you can't stand the thought of people being sexually active is being a whiny bitch.
do you usually see random people having sex ?

despite what the dev says atm this is NTR because the site definition of the term is

• NTR [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
not wife, not girlfriend, romantic INTEREST

i don't really care if i can choose to have nothing to do with the character but seeing her having sex with someone else kills any interest i have in her. they don't have to be virgins or anything

i know it will not get the NTR tag because this site likes to ignore the "official" definition and the only games that get it are the ones that pass the test for the NTR connoisseurs

Last edited:

JeffGarcia123

Nov 18, 2017
I can see Sophie has created quite a controversy that I didn't anticipate. Now I stand by the fact this isn't NTR, Sophie has no affection points yet, she's just a girl you met that you learn likes to have sex and likes being watched. The scene is not designed to instill jealousy in the player or MC, he doesn't really care about her fucking other guys cause he barely knows her.

Now no new sex scenes with Sophie and other men were planned, unless a pretty big corruption path and important decision later on. Don't want to spoil much. If you don't want to romance Sophie cause she fucked other guys you don't need to, you can just treat her as a whore character or just avoid her. I may think about adding some trigger warning before you decide to watch Sophie having sex, but I'm most probably not adding a way to stop her doing, it doesn't make much logical sense how that would happen.

I'm trying to make at least a semi-realistic VN, as far as adult VNs go, with realistic dialogue and actions. Like I said if you don't like Sophie avoid her or don't play the game. She will show up as she's needed in the future, working at the bar where the gang goes to in the next chapter.

Next chapter will bring new girls you can romance or corrupt and some plot twists. So maybe people who don't like Sophie will find somebody else for them.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Sophie can fuck any1 she likes (hopefully she catches some std), as long as we can have Zoe without her sleeping with another man or woman i dont care what the other characters do if i dont have to watch it

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
OK itried the game and I found out that no matter what you do the game acts like you peeped on Sophie. I went the nice route and didn't do anything bad and it still said that i saw sophie getting fucked. That should be taken care of. Now as to Sophie being a slit well since I didn't see it (even though the game says that i did) I might still be interested in her as long as I'm not forced to see her having sex with anyone else. All in all not a bad start a few things could be better in my opinion, but definitely worth watching.

JeffGarcia123

Nov 18, 2017
Sophie can fuck any1 she likes (hopefully she catches some std), as long as we can have Zoe without her sleeping with another man or woman i dont care what the other characters do if i dont have to watch it
Yes you will have Zoe for yourself only, you will have an option of sharing her with another girl if you want, but it will be totally optional.

Reactions: Bailz

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
First of all, put future tags like Sharing, Threesome, MMF in your OP. I thought this is a complete harem type of corruption game when you said there would be No NTR. But, you played technicalities and given other men scenes by calling it "sharing". Okay. You won by technicalities. But, lot of players will still feel the same. So, please put those tags so that the players like me can take a decision without seeing tons of comments to know what is really in the game.

And also, I never got interested in love interests who have a NTR or MMF path even if it is optional. But, I'm the lover of male domination and selfish corruption. So, does corruption path includes "optional" MMF scenes with girls other than Sophie? If it is only one girl for MMF, then i can fuck still like to play this game because I already played those kind of harem girls where one girl is a optional MMF girl and no prblm with that. But my preference is, Sophie should have minor sexual content compare to all other main Lis if we calculate sexual scenes for each girl. Especially corruption path.

As I said, I just can't like those girls who get popularized because of "MMF". Sorry.

Reactions: pappypop

JeffGarcia123

Nov 18, 2017
First of all, put future tags like Sharing, Threesome, MMF in your OP. I thought this is a complete harem type of corruption game when you said there would be No NTR. But, you played technicalities and given other men scenes by calling it "sharing". Okay. You won by technicalities. But, lot of players will still feel the same. So, please put those tags so that the players like me can take a decision without seeing tons of comments to know what is really in the game.

And also, I never got interested in love interests who have a NTR or MMF path even if it is optional. But, I'm the lover of male domination and selfish corruption. So, does corruption path includes "optional" MMF scenes with girls other than Sophie? If it is only one girl for MMF, then i can fuck still like to play this game because I already played those kind of harem girls where one girl is a optional MMF girl and no prblm with that. But my preference is, Sophie should have minor sexual content compare to all other main Lis if we calculate sexual scenes for each girl. Especially corruption path.

As I said, I just can't like those girls who get popularized because of "MMF". Sorry.
I'll add the future tags. Just to clarify Zoe and Ruby do not have any MMF planned scenes, I know a lot of people obviously thought your buddy Josh will get involved, he won't, I can't reveal much without spoiling but he's not. Sophie will have optional MMF or sharing content if you go full corruption with her and decide to make her do very depraved stuff.

I realize people saw the last scene and got the idea this is some NTR game, the scene was just there to show off Sophie likes sex and being watched, public and all that. Other than the optional scenes in complete corruption path she doesn't have more scenes with other males.

I have only played a little Japanese VN's and mostly only westernized ones, so my knowledge of NTR and stuff like that is not great, I never planned to make it NTR, the scene was there just cause of story reasons. I'm trying to tell a semi-realistic story with believable characters (as believable as they can be in adult VNs). Didn't even occur to me people would have problems with it.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I'll add the future tags. Just to clarify Zoe and Ruby do not have any MMF planned scenes, I know a lot of people obviously thought your buddy Josh will get involved, he won't, I can't reveal much without spoiling but he's not. Sophie will have optional MMF or sharing content if you go full corruption with her and decide to make her do very depraved stuff.

I realize people saw the last scene and got the idea this is some NTR game, the scene was just there to show off Sophie likes sex and being watched, public and all that. Other than the optional scenes in complete corruption path she doesn't have more scenes with other males.

I have only played a little Japanese VN's and mostly only westernized ones, so my knowledge of NTR and stuff like that is not great, I never planned to make it NTR, the scene was there just cause of story reasons. I'm trying to tell a semi-realistic story with believable characters (as believable as they can be in adult VNs). Didn't even occur to me people would have problems with it.
Very simple fundamental rule for making a harem game don't involve a dick that doesn't belong to the MC.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020

Thankyou for the details. I can give it a try now. As far as people's problems with other Men fucking your love interests is concerned, I can only tell lot of players are here to have a fantasy and easy virtual sex. They can be evil, hypocrite, selfish etc. So, to know someone fucking their girls even in optional path, they will get upset somehow.

Many say it's a war of NTR fans vs Non-NTR fans. But, if you go deep, the real war is between immersion vs non-immersion. Truth is we are sad with our real lives, rules, less possibilities for getting sex easily. In real life, Many of us are victims of cheating, NTR. So, even though sharing is totally out of NTR, just imagining our love interest with other man hurts us. Even if it is just a game. I'm not justifying their thoughts. But, yes, I know from where they are coming from.

Anyway, on a final note, you do what you want. Many would be okay and your thread will be peaceful if you are very open about your future content and giving absolute hope that you stand on your words and dont change it in future for "sudden shock" elements.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote