Djd3

Jun 7, 2017
I think it might be that MC is not proactive. His motivations are unclear and he goes with the flow most of the time. With niece that's realistic at early stages, with Sonya she felt for him so easily he couldn't do much and for Jess he's just starting with Patreon stuff. It's the way he was written at early stages makes him kinda bland. He's realistic but not as strongh as opponents. I don't mind that tho he could be more proactive at this stage I guess.
Btw. @Burt Reynolds Mustache have you noticed this huge, weird-ass fluctuaction of T4bbo's income? He has lost 2k$ for a couple of hours even tho he didn't lost any Patrons and now he gained those 2k again. That's the weirdest thing I've seen on Patreon. Probably charging system bug but made me surely afraid about Babysitter and my analysis skills -.-' Thank God Babysitter is growing so healthy. You're doing a great job with your writing so far. It's quite amazing that there are barely any Patreons lost after new month arrives.
Yes i agree with that. Maybe it's one of the reason i can't like it, ''goes with the flow'' describe him very well.
Few posts back i said that i would like the exact opposite and he grew some balls to take action to get what he wants (which is unclear unless you go full romance like me because then you can start to get that there are some feelings, not as much as id like tho).

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
depends that on the decision i made or has this 0.1.0 Update no Erotic Content ?
Nothing serious. I would advise you to wait as due to an overheating accident it's not a proper update. Next one should be much bigger

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
It's an odd contradiction, MC is proactive when it's convenient like with the spycams, taking clothes etc. Then a complete asexual moron in other parts. What's sad is that's not even the biggest problem, there are way too characters and questlines up in the air. And there's no way to finish them in a timely and satisfying manner. Especially with Patreon considering cutting their losses and banning adult content any time now.

I think the devs may need to take some time to decide what's really important in the story and pair it down. I appreciate the ambition but it's not like they have a japanese VN budget where they can try and throw everything in to try and please everyone. Sometimes it's best to take stock of which storylines you can write best and focus on those. Some of the content only works for a kink factor and isn't really going to build to anything the way some of the relationship stuff is (Mr. Silver will never be a deep character, just an archetype. It'd be fine if you had an unlimited budget and all the time in the world, but you don't.)

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Yes i feel the same, that for me is a point of strenght and also a weak point because its too much (at least for me). I cant spent 75% of the game trying to be careful that the characters falls on someone elses body. Even more considering the fact that the main girl is a taboo themed one which should make the dev focus more on how that would develope (look dmd) and not ''Careful of she will get fucked by someone else'' ( sorry if was to explicit).
Explicit ....that's what we are here for :)

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
It's an odd contradiction, MC is proactive when it's convenient like with the spycams, taking clothes etc. Then a complete asexual moron in other parts. What's sad is that's not even the biggest problem, there are way too characters and questlines up in the air. And there's no way to finish them in a timely and satisfying manner. Especially with Patreon considering cutting their losses and banning adult content any time now.

I think the devs may need to take some time to decide what's really important in the story and pair it down. I appreciate the ambition but it's not like they have a japanese VN budget where they can try and throw everything in to try and please everyone. Sometimes it's best to take stock of which storylines you can write best and focus on those. Some of the content only works for a kink factor and isn't really going to build to anything the way some of the relationship stuff is (Mr. Silver will never be a deep character, just an archetype.)
You're right that Patreon is dangerous for this and any other project. But unless they remove all adult games Babysitter should be relatively safe. If they do Babysitter will most likely die with other games. I can't agree with pace issues and too many characters. Amongst biggest VNs we have Babysitter right now is faster rather than slower. It's faster than MSN, DF, DMD etc. while it still feels natural (even tho it has minor incest theme). Considering how big last updates were (not this one) and how ingame relationships has improved on all paths I find it unlikely that they won't be able to finish it properly while keeping all routes viable. As for MC it's probably a matter of narration. When we have to take something to trigger a scene that's proactive choice we as MC make. Not making it might lead to opponents routes. But when routes are flashed out and Christine (and other girls) acts accordingly to our previous, early choices narration makes MC the same thing as Silver and Robert so he has to go with the flow. Unless he would have totally different routes. That's an issue with resources and development time as well as early writing. I don't mind that as he acts pretty natural (at least he's not obsessed about fucking his niece because he's horny) but he's surely more greyish than Silver or Robert. As for Silver he's totally an archetype at this point but Robert can be much more as his character is written in a way that makes him a player but not an empty-hugeblackdong-shell we're used to. Good writing can change every character and even Silver has potential (tho I guess he's fine as an archetype).

Reactions: Zeeke

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Ok i'll try to explain myself at best without using other games comparison. The game itself, as i said it's really solid, but in my opinion the MC has a really weak temper comparing to the ''antagonists'' (i say antagonist cause as a no-ntr player thats how i see them) and while it's realistic considering the relation the mc has with the younger characters, it's annoying because Silver has too much ''power'' and the other one (please tell me the name im starting to feel a bit racist calling him ''the other guy'') is too charismatic. Still it's realistic, but for the way i want my gameplay (meaning romance) it makes me feel kinda powerless when i compare my MC with them even if in reality i know i can keep them away.
I have nothing to say about the relationship with the secretary in that regard cause with her you are maybe even too much charming, she falls for you practicly instantly.
I think I get what you are saying. Look, I came on last update, and one of my major goals is, and continues to be fleshing out the characters so that they feel "real". With the MC it's a little tougher at times because of the choices that the player is given. Is he a uber-perv molesting Christine in her sleep? Is he a player, banging everything that moves, how does he deal with the competition? In 0.9 I made a effort to have him be a bit more pro-active, and a little less creepy, whether or not that succeeded (It's looking like it might not have for you) is the question. Still I appreciate the feedback, and I will say that the plan for the main routes moves more in the direction you will hopefully like. This was planned already, so I hope you like him more in the future.

I think it might be that MC is not proactive. His motivations are unclear and he goes with the flow most of the time. With niece that's realistic at early stages, with Sonya she felt for him so easily he couldn't do much and for Jess he's just starting with Patreon stuff. It's the way he was written at early stages makes him kinda bland. He's realistic but not as strongh as opponents. I don't mind that tho he could be more proactive at this stage I guess.
Btw. @Burt Reynolds Mustache have you noticed this huge, weird-ass fluctuaction of T4bbo's income? He has lost 2k$ for a couple of hours even tho he didn't lost any Patrons and now he gained those 2k again. That's the weirdest thing I've seen on Patreon. Probably charging system bug but made me surely afraid about Babysitter and my analysis skills -.-' Thank God Babysitter is growing so healthy. You're doing a great job with your writing so far. It's quite amazing that there are barely any Patreons lost after new month arrives.
Patreon fluctuations are kind of evil. I don't trust it at all until I see the final numbers.

As I said above, the goal is to make the MC more proactive in what is in many ways a reactive style of game. I'm also really working to give him his own personality within the parameters that have already been set from earlier updates. As you can see, this update has focused a lot on the relationship between the MC and Christine. So we'll see where it goes.

I think the devs may need to take some time to decide what's really important in the story and pair it down. I appreciate the ambition but it's not like they have a japanese VN budget where they can try and throw everything in to try and please everyone. Sometimes it's best to take stock of which storylines you can write best and focus on those. Some of the content only works for a kink factor and isn't really going to build to anything the way some of the relationship stuff is (Mr. Silver will never be a deep character, just an archetype. It'd be fine if you had an unlimited budget and all the time in the world, but you don't.)
I actually agree with a lot of what you say, but I will ask. The parts where he seems like an asexual moron in your words, do you have a specific example? If something is coming across differently than intended, it's worth me taking a look at it, at the very least.

As for your other concerns. I have them too. So at least know that there is a pretty solid plan for characters, and I in no way forsee a situation where an entire drawn out plotline is just dropped for no reason. The Silver and Robert stuff isn't going anywhere, it's part of the vision of the game, and it's kind of integral to what we want to offer to players. That being said, the MC/Christine route will always be the top priority. As for other dangling threads. I cut one pretty unceremoniously right at the beginning of this update (it was neither drawn out, nor integral. And there was a good reason.) Surprised no one has commented on it TBH.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
i love the game and where it's heading.. imho i think as long as the MC (or Jess) gets to pop Christine's cherry, Mr Silver/Robert (or even Jess's Brother) can have some fun with her.. if she likes it, she continues playing around with one of them and the MC -or- she ends up hating them and never sees them again which brings her closer to the MC

Reactions: Xaiohto
3.90 star(s) 182 Votes