botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Here's what happens.. t4bbo's had some ideas about the paths and so forth and so on with a storyboard or rough sketch. He sends the "bullet points" or plot points for the writer to fill out. Now the writer gets the outline so they write the script. Then the script is sent back for approval. If approved, it goes to coding to be put in.

This helps by doing this...
- T4bbo can focus on his renders and managing his team. From what I can gather, he's a different style of manager. He can be hard to work with at times but he does give you some leeway.
- That leaves the 'writer' to just write the script according to the storyboard. All while keeping in mind what the programming and artistic issues are and working with those to make it feel right.
- Then there's the programming. Now, programming isn't all just "add dialogue and done". There's also the issue of declaring and tracking x/y/z/a/b/c variables and then there's calling the correct backgrounds, scenes, and proofreading their own programming. Oh, don't forget about the posing of sprite assets - That's like trying to plot a person on a 2d map to make it look right and can take quite a few hours.
- Did I mention "paying for the privilege of being a test monkey"? Yeah.. those test monkeys are human and only as good as their perspective and methods. You want test monkeys who REALLY monkey around and root out all the bugs, amirite?

With that said and clarified, it does take some skill to manage a team and it's not for everyone. It really is an acquired skill that involves directing, choreographing, and cajoling the team to get it done to their best. That can take time out of rendering, rl issues, etc. So it's all a delicate balancing act at best. Not everyone can pull this off.

Expecting t4bbo and team to get it right all the time, every time is wrong. But expecting them to learn, to grow as a team and mesh together to move forward is the right approach and one they should get onto. Like now. Pronto! Chop chop! Get to it, peeps!
All good points.
I will hang in there for quite a while, because t4bbo and Babysitter have delivered for a long time.
Doesn't mean this shouldn't get better fast, but when someone works on a game as long as they do on Babysitter and delivers lots and lots of content on several routes, than that should be taken into account, even if rough spots are hit.
Sometimes live just conspires against you and you can't do shit about it.
You trust people you have reason to, but for some reason (it might be a perfectly understandable reason too), they don't deliver. What to do?

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
Genuine question: why no on-hold tag?
I mean, it's clear that it is. Remove it when (/if) Burt Reynold's Moustache is able again.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Genuine question: why no on-hold tag?
I mean, it's clear that it is. Remove it when (/if) Burt Reynold's Moustache is able again.
I would assume it's because the work on this game's script isn't "on hold" but rather changing hands. The writing is being passed from Burt to someone new and while some stuff gets worked out, the update is being delayed unfortunately, development is still progressing currently.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Picture7.jpg

Meeting up for coffee

Hi guys,
I'm posting little sneak peeks regarding our new game Babysitters which we plan to release somewhere around middle of the month.

I hope you going to enjoy the new game as much as we enjoy creating it.
T4bbo & Sindel

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Picture23.jpg

Hard times

You and your girlfriend Lara are going through some hard times... are you going to treat her well or you going to cheat on her?

And how your choices will affect the story paths of all other characters in game... well, you will see...

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
I think they are fine here as all the discussion of the new game has been here. When the new one is released it should get it's own space but now, the hype machine is just cranking up.
I was just wondering. It wouldn't be the first time posts had been considered off-topic and deleted because they were about games other than the game thread they were posted in. So it confused me a little.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
quite sad of the development. the devs have delivered updates for a long time,
the boat-scene was not my liking, but overall ok but everything else really good/great.
now, its on-hold and a new project is created. i wonder why?
babysitter is a "gold-mine", a project like DmD, that works well and attract supporters.
its like. ok, we are past the goal line, the girls are not virgin/untouched, more fucking is not fun. lets drop it and make something new.
but its not that at all. i can see a lot more progress, more corruption, theres routes to explore more.
Silver alone can be an entire game itself, the same with Robert,
and with Jessica more cam-shows and an entire game only that.
and if love-path, it could go to explore that, more fucking, public sex etc. well there infinite ways to take, now that we are finally getting to the sex in all path. but no, its on-hold and a new project is started and we need to wait another year to get here. disappointed.

3.90 star(s) 180 Votes