Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Gotta watch out for those yatches. Annoying buggers.

Seriously though, what killed the game was the writer's RL issues, and his (mis)handling of his responsibilities to the team.
The funny thing is that writer has teamed up with Philly and is now making CoBD. Philly is one of the most talented and reliable devs on the scene, why would he hire such an unreliable writer? It makes you think.

Reactions: Rythan25

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The funny thing is that writer has teamed up with Philly and is now making CoBD. Philly is one of the most talented and reliable devs on the scene, why would he hire such an unreliable writer? It makes you think.
We saw the one side of the story and some take that as a fact shrug (1).png

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Back then Burt Reynolds Mustache was very active here and problems with development of Babysitter started as the same time as his disappearance from the thread.
I didn't know he was now working with Philly_Games tho, so maybe that has something to do with the current situation of Babysitter.

Nov 28, 2017
We saw the one side of the story and some take that as a fact
I always thought he did intentionally delayed his writing, maybe he wanted to leave, maybe he wanted more pay. His excuses were like "I have stomach pain, so I can't go to school today". Those excuses are so ancient, my great grandma can figure out he is lying. It's not like he was writing Great Gatsby II.

Sep 24, 2017
Back then Burt Reynolds Mustache was very active here and problems with development of Babysitter started as the same time as his disappearance from the thread.
There were some delays before it... and you all forget that in the same time T4bbo hired a new writer and instead of finishing the update for Babysitter, he started a new game... BUT of course Burt is guilty...
The medal has ALWAYS 2 sides and I don't believe that T4bbo is the only one who is telling the truth :D:D:D

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
we can only speculate.
hopefully they have figure it out so they can keep working.
not sure why they decided to make babysitters in the middle of it.
was it to wait for "Burt" to come back? was it because they are tired of babysitter and want something fresh?
im sure we will never know. teams are usually not transparent about it, as it seems they think the public can't take the truth or that its a private matter, even if it affects the patrons.
lets hope we get a release before july.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
we can only speculate.
hopefully they have figure it out so they can keep working.
not sure why they decided to make babysitters in the middle of it.
was it to wait for "Burt" to come back? was it because they are tired of babysitter and want something fresh?
im sure we will never know. teams are usually not transparent about it, as it seems they think the public can't take the truth or that its a private matter, even if it affects the patrons.
lets hope we get a release before july.
If they are tired of Babysitter,then why the hell they introduce even new routes to the main 4 we already have?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
not sure, but they did ask the patrons if they want babysitter to continue or not.
so maybe theres mixed feelings. its not unheard of, that u both like and dislike something.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
not sure, but they did ask the patrons if they want babysitter to continue or not.
so maybe theres mixed feelings. its not unheard of, that u both like and dislike something.
Trust me it will be bad idea just to abandon or abruptly finish Babysitter.Doing that will make people wonder if the same thing will happen with Babysitters as we saw with many devs.

Reactions: Rythan25

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
There were some delays before it... and you all forget that in the same time T4bbo hired a new writer and instead of finishing the update for Babysitter, he started a new game... BUT of course Burt is guilty...
The medal has ALWAYS 2 sides and I don't believe that T4bbo is the only one who is telling the truth :D:D:D
I ain't trying to blame anyone, just saying what is already known and speculating.

Sep 24, 2017
I ain't trying to blame anyone, just saying what is already known and speculating.
I didn't say that you are trying to blame someone... I said tell the whole story... not just the part that T4bbo claiming as the truth. As I said the medal has always 2 sides--- T4bbo is as much (if not more) guilty as Burt, he is the teamleader and he made bad choices.. Burt is just a small wheel in this game :p

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
I paste the last messages i've seen on Discord by T4boo , answering to a person is asking about if he is still working on this game or only in the new one : there is the confirmation of the end of Ntr routes

T4bboLast Friday at 05:07
We are working hard now on Babysitter - old game...
there will be introduced endings for NTR routes
and we continue with several versions with Non NTR route in the future...

IceKream

May 27, 2018
Really enjoyed playing the game, but I wanted to touch on a few things.

The whole first half was a bit tedious, from getting dressed to showering etc.

But then it got way better when the story picks up and the game acknowledges even the small choices you make, for example, in one playthru I didnt follow Alyssa on the boat, but in the next i did and when i met her again i got a bit of additional dialogue that I didn't see before. A small thing really, but its nice to see nonlinear paths be rewarded in some way.

My next complaint would be the lack of Sonya content, as to me it trivializes the Corporate path. Either way you seem to get the same amount of Sonya, but the patreon path is just better written in the sense it expands on the characters more.

Another issue would be trying to play this game by not engaging with Chris in a romantic sense at all. I haven't tried having her date Robert yet, but in the Silver version the game seems to either criticize you for letting her do as she pleases or make it into a ntr scenario- which I could care less about.

Also the "dead ends" or endings seem to punish you for letting her be her own person to an extreme degree, so I kinda felt like a creep who had to "manage" Chris.

I loved Jess, but the story seems to imply you can't just choose her and her alone- atleast unless until the patreon storyline ends. Sonya, the other option gets her 3 scenes and even still, those don't seem to be about the MC as they are about revenge on her ex. So you probably can't get a happy ending with just either of these two.

Beautiful and surprisingly fun game once the story gets going, but I'd be a liar if i didnt say I skipped a majority of the Jess Chris backstory. Messy Jess was hilarious and it still makes me chuckle. Also I loved the fact that you cant see all the content in just 2 playthrus. Still, I think everyone would agree we need a scene select.

I think when this game is finished and refined, it could really be on the same level as Acting Lessons if its not already.

Reactions: Inf3rno141
3.90 star(s) 180 Votes