Mod Ren'Py Completed Babysitter mod [final] [khumak]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
The new hot tub renders are looking to be very hot, but I keep wondering if it's going to seem oddly big with all the attention it's getting now. Gonna make all the other scenes in the game feel like brief, fleeting moments by comparison! :ROFLMAO:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The new hot tub renders are looking to be very hot, but I keep wondering if it's going to seem oddly big with all the attention it's getting now. Gonna make all the other scenes in the game feel like brief, fleeting moments by comparison! :ROFLMAO:
Well it will definitely be my biggest event so far but it's not just the renders that are going to make it take a long time. It's also going to be my most complicated event with lots of different choices, branches, trigger conditions, variables being tracked, etc. So unlike most of my previous events where things were pretty linear and the dialog and coding was fairly easy, for the hot tub the dialog is going to take a lot longer to write and the coding will take much longer than any of my other scenes.

I don't expect it to take all that long to play through the event, although there will be options to progress much further than you could in the vanilla game. It's just that the work behind the scenes will be much more involved than any of my other events so far.

As far as renders, I may have overestimated the number of renders I'm going to end up with for the event. I still struggle with making original animations look good. I do have several animation plugins now by stimuli that look really good but none of them are for positions that really work very well for a hot tub. So I will probably have more still shots and less animation for the hot tub. So far I have about 100 renders done for the hot tub and I suspect I'll only need about another 100 or so to finish it.

I did start an animation for Jess in MC's bedroom based on the stimuli series so I will probably finish that (for right after the hot tub). Unfortunately since that particular scene is done up against a mirror it takes forever to render each individual frame for that scene. Basically 2 full hours per frame vs closer to 30 minutes per frame in the hot tub. I probably won't do any more animations with mirrors unless I upgrade my computer first. They just take too many resources for my poor system to handle. It's a cool effect though. That 1 single animation will probably take me about 100 hours to render, not including all the time required to manually tweak the posing for each frame and I suspect I won't have that one finished when I do the initial update that includes the new hot tub event.

When I get to the spa event, my animation plugins will match up better to that scene so I can do some nice smooth animation scenes for that event. So while that event will probably be simpler and easier to write the code and dialog for, it will probably have a large number of renders. It'll probably take about 50 renders per position for the sex scenes that I do a full animation for. My original animations are all much shorter and also much harder to do.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
So I have both good news and bad news. The good news is that F95 has gotten it's hands on several new animation series by stimuli recently and at least a few of those will work for sitting positions. So I have significantly expanded options now for which positions I can make good animations for, including the hot tub scene I'm working on now. So for scenes where I'm using one of those animation series, I should be able to make an animation of comparable quality to the scenes on the Yacht where MC is fucking Jess. All of longest of those animations in the vanilla game are based on the stimuli series and I have most of those specific animations series now myself.

The bad news is that unlike my original animations that only have maybe 2-5 frames or so, a nice smooth animation based on one of the stimuli series can have up to 200+ frames for a single animation. So rendering animations will probably take much MUCH longer than before.

However, unlike my original animations which usually end up being extreme close ups to reduce the amount of posing I have to do for each frame, the stimuli series includes a smooth progression of poses for every frame for all of the figures involved in the frame so I can still do a close up shot or I can do it from an angle where you can see more of the scene. And while my original animations tend to be fairly jerky, the stimuli series is nice and smooth.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well I can implement some of the new series but it will definitely extend the time it takes for each release of the mod. I probably will not do 200+ frames per animation. I will probably shorten it somewhat to more like 50 or so.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Haven't heard any updates in a while, so here's to hoping we get something soon!
I've actually been really busy with work so I haven't had much time to work on it lately. I also took a bit of a break so that I could update my walkthrough for Superpowered so that took awhile. But that's done now.

I'm thinking I may temporarily scale back my animation plans for the hot tub and finish up a version with mostly still shots just so I can fully replace all of the rest of the cropped images in the mod and get a release out but it still will not be ready until after the next version of the game comes out and probably not until mid February. I had already finished some short original animations so those will be in there but nothing comparable to the Jessica Yacht scenes from the vanilla game.

The Spa will be my next expansion after the hot tub and I'm planning for it to be a fairly big update. What I might do is finish up a version of the hot tub with mostly still shots and do the same with the spa and then update both of those with animations later. I want to see how polished I can get animations based on the stimuli series to look but a single animation based on that series will take probably somewhere between 50 and 200 hours to render depending on how much memory the scene uses. So an animation focused update would basically be just expanding scenes that only had still shots to include full animations but wouldn't have much if any new story added.

I will do an update soon after the next version of the game comes out just to update the mod to that version but it won't have any new content.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I've actually been really busy with work so I haven't had much time to work on it lately. I also took a bit of a break so that I could update my walkthrough for Superpowered so that took awhile. But that's done now.

I'm thinking I may temporarily scale back my animation plans for the hot tub and finish up a version with mostly still shots just so I can fully replace all of the rest of the cropped images in the mod and get a release out but it still will not be ready until after the next version of the game comes out and probably not until mid February. I had already finished some short original animations so those will be in there but nothing comparable to the Jessica Yacht scenes from the vanilla game.

The Spa will be my next expansion after the hot tub and I'm planning for it to be a fairly big update. What I might do is finish up a version of the hot tub with mostly still shots and do the same with the spa and then update both of those with animations later. I want to see how polished I can get animations based on the stimuli series to look but a single animation based on that series will take probably somewhere between 50 and 200 hours to render depending on how much memory the scene uses. So an animation focused update would basically be just expanding scenes that only had still shots to include full animations but wouldn't have much if any new story added.

I will do an update soon after the next version of the game comes out just to update the mod to that version but it won't have any new content.
Glad to hear you're back! The holidays I think kinda throw everyone's schedule out of whack for a bit.

This sounds like a good idea honestly. It sounds like you had quite the update already with adding pictures for the hot tub and then in all the excitement you then tried to also add some NTR stuff and then ALSO add some animations. I'd be perfectly fine with just some still shots and if you want you could always go back and insert some animations later.

Reactions: crisbr

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Unfortunately I'm still very busy with work. I may be able to get a scaled back version out by the end of February but I really haven't had time to work on this at all since January so it might be March. We had 2 rounds of layoffs at work so I don't see things slowing down much for awhile. I will still update the mod to the next version of the game whenever that comes out regardless whether I have the hot tub done or not.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Looks like the bugfix is out now. I should be able to update the mod this weekend for the new version although it won't have my new hot tub scene yet. I think I'm going to work on a shorter version of the hot tub scene I was planning so that I can get a release of that out later this month.

I do still want to do a spa scene as well but I'm thinking the only way that's going to happen anytime soon is if I don't try to do any animations. I probably won't have time to do that until May or June though.

Reactions: crisbr and ltpika

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
any plan to release this mod for v0.1.8b ?

Cuz havn't play that because i really wanna use this mod (y)

EDIT: Oh didn't see that about may or june..oh well have to play that whiteout mod. and hope i still alive till that month lol.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
any plan to release this mod for v0.1.8b ?

Cuz havn't play that because i really wanna use this mod (y)

EDIT: Oh didn't see that about may or june..oh well have to play that whiteout mod. and hope i still alive till that month lol.
Actually I plan on updating the mod for v0.1.8b tomorrow, it just won't have the new hot tub scene yet. That's the part that will be delayed.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ok mod is updated for v0.1.8b of the game now. No new content other than a few bug fixes from my previous version. Download link updated in the OP.

I've decided to see if I can get my hot tub scene set up soon with mostly just the images I've already rendered so it won't take so long. I don't have time right now to do a bunch of renders but just updating the script to use my existing images and maybe adding a small number of renders just to finish things off should be doable. I may extend it some more later when things slow down at work. The Spa expansion I have planned will probably take a lot longer, I have nothing done for that yet.

So I hope to have a scaled back version of my new hot tub scene done by the end of this month, it just won't be as big as originally planned. I do already have a ton of renders done for it but I was planning a bunch of animations as well which would have been hundreds of additional renders. That's not going to happen now, but I can still do similar scenes just using still shots instead.

Reactions: ltpika

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
There's a change to the screens.rpy file in the new version that I haven't figured out yet. My mod does not require it so for now just use the original game's version of it. I'm going to just add that as a hotfix for now and when/if I figure out what's going on I'll add my changes back into it. All mine does is just allow you to see the corruption scores.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
There's a change to the screens.rpy file in the new version that I haven't figured out yet. My mod does not require it so for now just use the original game's version of it. I'm going to just add that as a hotfix for now and when/if I figure out what's going on I'll add my changes back into it. All mine does is just allow you to see the corruption scores.
Found the problem. Fixed in the latest hotfix.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I finally have the hot tub used in the vanilla game for MC's apartment, but I already did a bunch of renders with a completely different hot tub so I probably won't use it (I definitely will not be redoing my existing renders just to use the matching hot tub). Wish I would have had it a few months ago. Oh well. I like the water in the version I'm using better anyway.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Just noticed that I forgot to include the old pics for the day 10 hot tub in the latest version. I only tested up to day 10 since I hadn't done the hot tub yet and forgot all about those pics. If you have a previous version those pics work, just copy those into your mod pics folder and skip if it asks to overwrite anything.

I'm hoping to get a new version out with my new pics by the end of this weekend anyway though. I have a rough event progression set up for it already and all of the renders I need for it done. I haven't written the dialog for it yet though.

I do want to add some extra fantasy scenes as well that I don't have renders for yet but I think I'll add that later. If I can't get the new version done by the end of the weekend I'll update the mod with the old hot tub pics so that scene will be playable (or worst case scenario, revert the hot tub event back to vanilla til I can finish the new version).

I will have to look around a bit, I deleted my old versions so I may not have those pics anymore. I also haven't decided yet whether some of the most explicit scenes for the hot tub will actually happen or whether they'll be Christine's dirty little mind masturbating to fantasies about it in the shower. Probably some of both.

This will be a smaller update than I had planned but after cutting out the renders I'm not going to use it'll still be close to 100 renders so it's a decent sized update and it will finally get rid of all the old cropped images.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'd like for the split between dream scenes and real stuff to lean more towards the real. "It was all just a dream" is one of my least favorite tropes. Might be fun for things that break continuity, like some kinda crazy scenario with sci-fi tentacles or Chris having a futa Jess gangbang dream.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'd like for the split between dream scenes and real stuff to lean more towards the real. "It was all just a dream" is one of my least favorite tropes. Might be fun for things that break continuity, like some kinda crazy scenario with sci-fi tentacles or Chris having a futa Jess gangbang dream.
Almost all of it will be real. The potential fantasy scenes will basically be a few renders at the end of a real scene where things get a bit over the top which makes sense for a masturbation scene I think. For instance in the vanilla game Christine is still a virgin til day 13 so full penetration with her would have to be a fantasy. Jessica can go farther but I might add a few over the top things that her scenes can end with as a fantasy as well. An example of what I mean would be the Hotel expansion where she can fantasize about MC fucking her in the shower even though in reality the farthest it goes is some serious teasing.

Hoping to be able to really dig in and start fixing the dialog tomorrow. Depending on how far I get I might do a quick update that just has the old pics until I finish the new scene. I found an old version that I think has all of them but I could have tweaked some things since then. Can't remember.

There won't be any gender bending stuff. Never been a fan of that. There will be a small amount of optional NTR to see what people think.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I found an old version that I think has all of them but I could have tweaked some things since then. Can't remember.
Is there a specific version of the game you're looking for that has the pictures you need?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes