Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Lara is my favorite, but i do agree the huge focus on her in detrimental of Angelica/Erica in the latest parts of the game some kind hurt their storylines. In the beginning, there was a good balance between Lara/Angelica/Erica screentime but lately Angelica/Erica stories seem being stuck while Lara story keep progressing. And this could be bad in the long-run because this can give to Angelica and Erica a weird pace and make the things that will happen with them feeling rushed and out of place.
I understand Lara should be the favorite girl of Taboo's patrons (it's my favorite girl too) but i think come back to the initial balance between Lara/Angelice/Erica will make the story flow better.
I think Lara is having a lot of time because the dev is beginning to include more and more ntr content, I suppose her patreons request it, although it is content that I don't like at all. But I continue this game because still, I repeat, still the ntr is avoidable and I hope it continues to be so, although as I said, it takes more and more time in the game

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I know solution to your problem, become Patron and suggest a poll where all other supporters will vote what kind of content they want to see.
I do wonder how you expect to convert fans of other content and characters to subscribers if you only provide content that current subscribers want. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything. But it seems counterproductive to increasing your subscriber base. Like, I can see having planned content for all routes and characters for a specific version and allow voting to prioritize the order it gets done... but what will the end product look like by the end of this? Will you sell on steam, for example, tease all these other women at the beginning and when people purchase and play, they feel ripped off because they didn't get any of that content? Or am I misunderstanding you here?

Surely, it can't be a great idea to continuously allow your subscribers to tell you what kind of story you tell unless you don't care about the story, only about those monthly subscribers.

And this coming from someone who really enjoys the Lara content.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I do wonder how you expect to convert fans of other content and characters to subscribers if you only provide content that current subscribers want. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything. But it seems counterproductive to increasing your subscriber base. Like, I can see having planned content for all routes and characters for a specific version and allow voting to prioritize the order it gets done... but what will the end product look like by the end of this? Will you sell on steam, for example, tease all these other women at the beginning and when people purchase and play, they feel ripped off because they didn't get any of that content? Or am I misunderstanding you here?

Surely, it can't be a great idea to continuously allow your subscribers to tell you what kind of story you tell unless you don't care about the story, only about those monthly subscribers.

Never thought I would see the day, but will have to disagree a bit with you here, GOOML.

One of the things I've preached, posted and whined about is how the great majority of devs approach and produce these projects. Coming from a video production background, I see all kinds of mistakes they are making and one of the biggest is a lack of storyboarding. Write the story in its entirety--beginning to end. That's the first thing to do. Don't deviate from it. Storyboard the project, set a release schedule. Four meaty releases per year is enough. Monthly releases of only 5 minutes play time is just irritating to me. Finish two releases before releasing the first. That will give a cushion in case RL stuff gets in the way.

Opening the project to other genres/tags, running polls to include new content or ideas will slow down development to a crawl. People will complain, the dev becomes irritated and disillusioned leading to burnout and lack of motivation and round and round it goes with each cycle getting worse. If the dev has new ideas, write them down and save them for the next game, or create DLC after the primary project is released. No way a dev can please everyone with one project, but in my opinion the best way to grow a fan base is to finish on time and deliver what is promised. Use the second project to build on the first.

T4bbo

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2017

For next version there is 1/3 content for Erica, 1/3 content for Angelica, 1/3 content various paths with Lara. So I think it's pretty balanced. However, many people who hate NTR in any kind of form consider almost half of the story irrelevant, but I can't help with that. Patreon votes and messages on discord speak for itself, they love sharing, NTR... it even perfectly fits the story to have lewd experiences with babysitters in the neighbourhood (either cheating behind partners back or with partner's consent/endorsment). All we do now is telling story how it begun.

For future steam releases I will market what's in the game to find correct customers. Did you check cross promos? I don't market vanilla game.

I am just suggesting that whinning guy over there to actually be specific and take action, try to change what he doesn't like. Instead of complaining and not being specific.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
For next version there is 1/3 content for Erica, 1/3 content for Angelica, 1/3 content various paths with Lara. So I think it's pretty balanced. However, many people who hate NTR in any kind of form consider almost half of the story irrelevant, but I can't help with that. Patreon votes and messages on discord speak for itself, they love sharing, NTR... it even perfectly fits the story to have lewd experiences with babysitters in the neighbourhood (either cheating behind partners back or with partner's consent/endorsment). All we do now is telling story how it begun.

For future steam releases I will market what's in the game to find correct customers. Did you check cross promos? I don't market vanilla game.

I am just suggesting that whinning guy over there to actually be specific and take action, try to change what he doesn't like. Instead of complaining and not being specific.
Ok, so not as bad as it sounded in my head when I read it haha. Nothing else to see here, carry on! :p

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020

This post sounds like it should be directed at L$P for AWAM game :ROFLMAO:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Never thought I would see the day, but will have to disagree a bit with you here, GOOML.

One of the things I've preached, posted and whined about is how the great majority of devs approach and produce these projects. Coming from a video production background, I see all kinds of mistakes they are making and one of the biggest is a lack of storyboarding. Write the story in its entirety--beginning to end. That's the first thing to do. Don't deviate from it. Storyboard the project, set a release schedule. Four meaty releases per year is enough. Monthly releases of only 5 minutes play time is just irritating to me. Finish two releases before releasing the first. That will give a cushion in case RL stuff gets in the way.

Opening the project to other genres/tags, running polls to include new content or ideas will slow down development to a crawl. People will complain, the dev becomes irritated and disillusioned leading to burnout and lack of motivation and round and round it goes with each cycle getting worse. If the dev has new ideas, write them down and save them for the next game, or create DLC after the primary project is released. No way a dev can please everyone with one project, but in my opinion the best way to grow a fan base is to finish on time and deliver what is promised. Use the second project to build on the first.
I'm not even sure what part of what I said you're disagreeing with here and a lot of what you said seems to be irrelevant to what I was talking about lol

The polls you referred to are already happening and that's what I was against with my interpretation of what was said. Because to me, it sounded like Lara content will keep being implemented and the stories of the other characters will be ignored so long as subscribers keep voting for Lara. You suggested story boarding and writing the story in its entirety... and that's pretty much what I was saying about not allowing subscribers to be the sole influence of the direction the story goes.

Alas, my misunderstanding was cleared up by the dev. So all is good.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Wuzzyfuzzy is a troll who always seeks to draw attention with his toxicity and annoy forum members, I know because I saw him doing it on other forums, getoutofmylab is right that no developer should be influenced by their patrons, I have no problem if the survey is about something aesthetic but if I have it if it is about the story I want to play the game of its creator not my fellow sponsors, mircom3d happened to the similar one and ended up in disaster that's why he had to restart his game

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Ähem ...did I missread Wuzzys Fuzzys post ? he said somhow the same, by being against changes, and making a Storyboard.
he is somtimes to frontal, or has diametral different points of view, I don't consider him a Troll.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
If you don't believe what I'm saying, you should check other forums and talk to their members, they will confirm what I wrote, sorry if I bother anyone but I had to say it for me there is a difference between making constructive criticism that helps improve the game and do not speak ill of the game to attract attention

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
If you don't believe what I'm saying, you should check other forums and talk to their members, they will confirm what I wrote, sorry if I bother anyone but I had to say it for me there is a difference between making constructive criticism that helps improve the game and do not speak ill of the game to attract attention
I dunno man, I see him posting here all the time and he's always been a good dude.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I had myself heated discusions with him, it is not if I belive you or not, I said I don't consider him a troll, If he is one or not nobody but himself knows for certain, I could be terribly wrong, or be right, also not saying that you are a liar, It was my opinion, at least he allways explains and defends his point of view, that was all what I was pointing out.

Reactions: Leongen43

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
there are polls and "polls", on 1st all patrons have equal voting and on 2nd biggest patrons have more votes than small patrons.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
GetOutOfMyLab
Leongen43
@ everybody else :)

Let's clear up a few things...

First, and most importantly, GetOutOfMyLab and I have each other's backs. He is always reasoned and helpful in his comments and advice. We have no problems with each other. My reply to him stated the following: but will have to disagree a bit

What I was referring to: I do wonder how you expect to convert fans of other content and characters to subscribers if you only provide content that current subscribers want. His opening statement lead me to believe that he wanted Taboo to grow his audience by shifting the story. Later in the post he clarified that a bit and I probably should have addressed that clarification. My intent was to assert what I've done in the past and that is to plan better, put blinders on, and plow through a project until the end is reached. Then drop back and choose the next step(s). Too many devs, IMO, become distracted by trying to please everyone and it just doesn't work.

But my apologies, GetOutOfMyLab, I did not mean to confuse the issue further. Let me know if there is any way I need to make it up to you.

Now, for the rest...

My profile is open. One can easily click on my name and look at all the posts I have made. Before you do however, a little about me. I am 60+ years of age, now retired from running a video production company. I've also dabbled in website construction and design. I have an advanced degree, have been married 30+ years to the same woman and have not cheated, fooled around or chased skirts since my youth and twenties (which I did quite a lot at that time). I do not make it a habit to be toxic, although I understand that some view anyone disagreeing with their opinion as being toxic. But again, please look at the posts I've made and I'll let you be the judge. I am not sure why that post was made, but everyone has the right to free speech on this forum (a good thing) as it should be in all our lives. If you have any problems with me, please let me know.

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
sad this game is dead and will never be what the dev told us it would be 5 years ago
Are you sure you didn't mean to post on "Babysitter"? That's completed though. This wasn't even around 5 years ago.

GetOutOfMyLab
Leongen43
@ everybody else :)

Let's clear up a few things...

First, and most importantly, GetOutOfMyLab have each other's backs. He is always reasoned and helpful in his comments and advice. We have no problems with each other. My reply to him stated the following: but will have to disagree a bit

What I was referring to: I do wonder how you expect to convert fans of other content and characters to subscribers if you only provide content that current subscribers want. His opening statement lead me to believe that he wanted Taboo to grow his audience by shifting the story. Later in the post he clarified that a bit and I probably should have addressed that clarification. My intent was to assert what I've done in the past and that is to plan better, put blinders on, and plow through a project until the end is reached. Then drop back and choose the next step(s). Too many devs, IMO, become distracted by trying to please everyone and it just doesn't work.

But my apologies, GetOutOfMyLab, I did not mean to confuse the issue further. Let me know if there is any way I need to make it up to you.

Now, for the rest...

My profile is open. One can easily click on my name and look at all the posts I have made. Before you do however, a little about me. I am 60+ years of age, now retired from running a video production company. I've also dabbled in website construction and design. I have an advanced degree, have been married 30+ years to the same woman and have not cheated, fooled around or chased skirts since my youth and twenties (which I did quite a lot at that time). I do not make it a habit to be toxic, although I understand that some view anyone disagreeing with their opinion as being toxic. But again, please look at the posts I've made and I'll let you be the judge. I am not sure why that post was made, but everyone has the right to free speech on this forum (a good thing) as it should be in all our lives. If you have any problems with me, please let me know.
Troll post, did not read. :Kappa::Kappa:

But seriously Leongen43, I think you're confusing members with each other.

4.30 star(s) 84 Votes