Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
Hello. thanks for taking time to answer me. So to answer you in order,
version is 0.3.2.0-pc
it's on a PC using Windows 10 latest update.
yes i started a new game from the beginning.
I didn't took anything in particular. i launched the game. went to setting put my settings and then start the game.
I assume by "went to setting", you mean the "Preferences" menu at the start of the game?

Which settings, exactly, did you change, and what did you change them to?

I looked at the lines of code indicated by the error messages you posted, and as near as I can tell, the only way that error could occur is if you somehow enabled "developer mode" and the program is trying to write diagnostic information about the stat changes to a log file. (The problem being, the log file doesn't exist or can't be created.) What confuses me about that explanation, is that there shouldn't be any way you can enable "developer mode" on the game.

Another question: where, on your PC, did you install the game? If you put it under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86), that might be an issue — Windows gets cranky about programs trying to write files into their own installation folders under "Program Files." Try creating a new folder, like "C:\X86_Legacy_Programs", then put the BSC game under that and see what happens. I've used that trick numerous times to get around this annoying Windows behavior. :geek:

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
thanks novilon,there is another problem,sometimes the save data is erased by some program i used to clean the cache of the pc,the program is called C cleaner,this happened to me in a flash swf game named simply mindy,probably the abandoned version of aval0nx can happen too where i lost my save data so im worried about my save too,probably because im near the end and made so much things in that game and the save get deleted by that program,im using that program because i deleted some games from my pc like so much GB of space in the disk and stay in the pc for some reason when i deleted them from the recicled bin,now when i used the C cleaner program i get deleted these archives and save so much space in my pc too but archives like SWF save games are deleted too.

¿the renpy program and is route save data is not affected by the C cleaner?.
I don't know anything about how CCleaner decides what files to keep or erase, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. AlphaCarrot is correct, though — there should be some settings in CCleaner where you can tell it to keep certain files or folders, or to completely ignore certain folders on the disk and not scan them for "old" or "un-needed" files in the first place.

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
I think this could be used for the "nature trail" scene.

I really don't know what to draw.
That can definitely work for the nature trail scene. :)

Actually, the "park" scenes would be a good place to start, since it's a relatively small section, and it's due for a good cleanup and rewrite anyway. :giggle: Let me read through it and see how many scenes there are that need illustrations, and I'll get back to you.

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
If anyone gets a log error in console or in any file you can set log=renpy.log
Someone above seems to be having that exact problem. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "set log=renpy.log"? Where, and how, do you set this?

(I still need to figure out how this can even happen, since it shouldn't even be trying to write to that log file unless the config.developer flag is True, and there shouldn't be any way for that flag to be True... that's gonna be a bit of a code-crawl trying to figure that one out. :rolleyes: )

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
true,thanks very much alphacarrot and thanks very much you too novilon,that's can help me so good,well... now i can wait when the next update appears so the save file appears where the game is more easy to found the save data when we search it,thanks. :giggle:

Reactions: AlphaCarrot

RyloNeo

Feb 15, 2019
Where did this come from? There's a guy on our Discord who's working on a port, but last I looked, he was still working out some bugs that were making it crash on some devices.

(For the record: I know nothing about the "isitsensitiveusername" port in the link above. I don't know who this guy is, or where this port actually came from. Exercise extreme caution, download strictly at your own risk -- and if it crashes, or buggers up your phone, or hijacks it and turns it into a cryptominer... sorry, but I can't help you. :oops: )
Advising caution is always good.
For what it's worth SensitiveUsername is a pretty big android porter for various games, I've never had any problems with their ports myself, though the as site you're forced to go through to get the downloads is annoying as hell

livewire8569

Feb 18, 2021
Where did this come from? There's a guy on our Discord who's working on a port, but last I looked, he was still working out some bugs that were making it crash on some devices.

(For the record: I know nothing about the "isitsensitiveusername" port in the link above. I don't know who this guy is, or where this port actually came from. Exercise extreme caution, download strictly at your own risk -- and if it crashes, or buggers up your phone, or hijacks it and turns it into a cryptominer... sorry, but I can't help you. :oops: )
Sensitiveusername is one of the best porters around, not only do they port games but they also do their own Japanese to English translations for Japanese only games.

livewire8569

Feb 18, 2021
Advising caution is always good.
For what it's worth SensitiveUsername is a pretty big android porter for various games, I've never had any problems with their ports myself, though the as site you're forced to go through to get the downloads is annoying as hell
Just use Firefox with a ad blocker

Darrel Caper

Jun 5, 2017
Someone above seems to be having that exact problem. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "set log=renpy.log"? Where, and how, do you set this?

(I still need to figure out how this can even happen, since it shouldn't even be trying to write to that log file unless the config.developer flag is True, and there shouldn't be any way for that flag to be True... that's gonna be a bit of a code-crawl trying to figure that one out. :rolleyes: )
Just did some testing and found that is it possible to force changes like developer mode with UnRen and doing so also gave me errors on every interaction. Not sure if this is what is happening to Novilon though.

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
Just did some testing and found that is it possible to force changes like developer mode with UnRen and doing so also gave me errors on every interaction. Not sure if this is what is happening to Novilon though.
There's nothing happening to me — I'm the developer. :) It's clem3085, further up the thread, who seems to be having this issue. I asked him exactly what settings he supposedly changed, but he hasn't replied back. :(

If this behavior is being caused by people using 3rd-party tools to hack the game, or to screw with internal debug flags and other settings they're not supposed to be screwing with, then I'm not going to waste any more time trying to debug that error. You break the seal, you void the warranty. :p

(Though I have, at least, worked out why it throws an error at that point — if config.developer=True, then it's trying to call a nonexistent "log" routine to keep a running log of the stat changes. I'm guessing either Proto or Fuzzy was using that at some point to figure out what the various "stat" variables did, and then for some reason they removed that function and forgot to remove the if/then statement that calls it.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Darrel Caper

clem3085

Jun 17, 2017
I assume by "went to setting", you mean the "Preferences" menu at the start of the game?

Which settings, exactly, did you change, and what did you change them to?

I looked at the lines of code indicated by the error messages you posted, and as near as I can tell, the only way that error could occur is if you somehow enabled "developer mode" and the program is trying to write diagnostic information about the stat changes to a log file. (The problem being, the log file doesn't exist or can't be created.) What confuses me about that explanation, is that there shouldn't be any way you can enable "developer mode" on the game.

Another question: where, on your PC, did you install the game? If you put it under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86), that might be an issue — Windows gets cranky about programs trying to write files into their own installation folders under "Program Files." Try creating a new folder, like "C:\X86_Legacy_Programs", then put the BSC game under that and see what happens. I've used that trick numerous times to get around this annoying Windows behavior. :geek:
Hello. sorry for the late reply. I checked my game and yes i could use the developper menu. You may ask why but i don't know. i re download the game and re extracted it, same problem. so i put it in another repertories ( on a usb key) and it work without error. so i don't know why it's hapenning to me but i found a cure.

Thanks for your time and thanks for the update. Wish you the best.
bye :3

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
Hello. sorry for the late reply. I checked my game and yes i could use the developper menu. You may ask why but i don't know. i re download the game and re extracted it, same problem. so i put it in another repertories ( on a usb key) and it work without error. so i don't know why it's hapenning to me but i found a cure.

Thanks for your time and thanks for the update. Wish you the best.
bye :3
That is very bizarre indeed... All I can figure is that the Ren'py engine must've somehow picked up a registry key from a different Ren'py game (either one you currently have installed, or one which you used to have at some point in the past) which did have that mode enabled, or something like that.

Oh well. The offending lines of code have been removed, so the next release should fix that problem permanently. :)

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
probably,the good side you are the one who can deactivate it completely if you can and if is posible but yeah,depend of fuzzybunny or someone who working with that console before,probably there are some archives.dat or something like that with the configuration of where is picking the configuration from where the registry key are,with a new update with the localization of the archives configure only in the file of the game with the save data and everything from it stay in is property folder without being touched by others programs so yeah,good luck with the next release novilon,you can do it. :giggle: (y)

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes