recca69

Sep 14, 2020
I don't understand how people can keep on NAGING to have something given to them, when and how they want it, without even giving any aid or even trying to do it themselves.
Thank you Novilon for putting some of your free time into continuing this game, and since I have no desire to bug you to make updates or to tell you how I think you should proceed with how you develop this game (since I am not a self centered douche who wants to be rewarded while putting in no effort myself), let me just say I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and some Happy Holidays.
Take care of yourself and ignore anyone trying to make you do for them what they are to LAZY to do for themselves.

Edit: quick question since I just had a thought, as the post creator do you have the ability to stop specific people from posting on the thread?

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
I feel like this game might be cursed lol. I hope it's still being worked on, and I'm not going to rush anyone if it is. But IF it has been dropped by this dev, that would be like the 4th or 5th one to do so.

DEMB88

Aug 23, 2016
I mean it's December the busiest time of the year for a lot of people, and this guy is doing this as a hobby. I doubt he's abandoned the project probably just had to put it on the backburner for now.

DSO13

Jul 4, 2023
It's barely been more than a month since he was last online. The way people are acting you'd think he's been gone all year.

Bunjoman

Aug 31, 2020
I mean it's December the busiest time of the year for a lot of people, and this guy is doing this as a hobby. I doubt he's abandoned the project probably just had to put it on the backburner for now.
That's pretty much it. He's said as much on the discord. The game is very much still in development.

Not that the discord isn't free from people begging for release dates and suggesting he add their fetishes.

wegwerf666

Dec 22, 2018
I don't think it is wrong for people to be curious and ask about updates since it was said that they would come every couple of months ( can't remember the last estimate).. people are just curious. What i think the problem really is when people cant even scroll up a few messages and keep asking the same questions ( nagging) especially if they are rude about it. I believe that most people who ask are not mad at a delay or ungrateful but are just curious as to why or when because there is usually some more communication.
Since Novilon is usually so active in this Thread and suddenly not i understand that people are worried about the project being abandoned again like with so many others before. I don't mind delays since this is a free (and good) work and i don't think it is abandoned since private life just loves to bust some kneecaps from time to time. Just hoping that all the dude/ets here are doing ok and that we can just converse here without people nagging or people telling them to kill themself for daring to ask about a project they care about.

Same goes for critique or requests too. If they get implemented or not is up to the Dev. But people should still be able to voice opinions or make requests ( honestly most people daydream about this being a AAA project ) without others telling them the get lost since its a free project ( as long as people are not rude ). But i can understand that people don't like to hear critique too since after the time and effort spend the critique may unreasonable/ ungrateful even if it isn't meant like that. I just hope we can all take a chill pill when it comes down to it.

TLDL; Just asking people to stop jumping on either side of the fence ( Where update / or / stfu how dare you ask or show interest )

Not english native so forgive my grammar/ mistakes

Hope you get some peace during this time and that the next year is better then this one :)

recca69

Sep 14, 2020
I don't think it is wrong for people to be curious and ask about updates since it was said that they would come every couple of months ( can't remember the last estimate).. people are just curious. What i think the problem really is when people cant even scroll up a few messages and keep asking the same questions ( nagging) especially if they are rude about it. I believe that most people who ask are not mad at a delay or ungrateful but are just curious as to why or when because there is usually some more communication.
Since Novilon is usually so active in this Thread and suddenly not i understand that people are worried about the project being abandoned again like with so many others before. I don't mind delays since this is a free (and good) work and i don't think it is abandoned since private life just loves to bust some kneecaps from time to time. Just hoping that all the dude/ets here are doing ok and that we can just converse here without people nagging or people telling them to kill themself for daring to ask about a project they care about.

Same goes for critique or requests too. If they get implemented or not is up to the Dev. But people should still be able to voice opinions or make requests ( honestly most people daydream about this being a AAA project ) without others telling them the get lost since its a free project ( as long as people are not rude ). But i can understand that people don't like to hear critique too since after the time and effort spend the critique may unreasonable/ ungrateful even if it isn't meant like that. I just hope we can all take a chill pill when it comes down to it.

TLDL; Just asking people to stop jumping on either side of the fence ( Where update / or / stfu how dare you ask or show interest )

Not english native so forgive my grammar/ mistakes

Hope you get some peace during this time and that the next year is better then this one :)
I feel the need to counter point this.
So first off I agree that asking about the status of the game is not a bad thing but it should be done in the right way. Example, posting "I enjoy this game and am hoping to hear about an update soon" this is a polite way to ask about info. Example 2, posting "next update when? Or something similar (especially if a similar post is not even a few posts above)" just makes the post seem like a selfish jerk.

As for constructive criticism that too should be done in a better way, it's one thing to provide an opinion on how this could be done in a different way, but it is another for someone to complain with the makers stated desire to remove some darker content from the original game, argue with them about that decision, then nag them about not updating the game, all while not offering to provide any help (cash\art\coding) like they are owed the game they want. Doing something like that has been called the "full retard" on this thread before.

Last edited:

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
So first off I agree that asking about the status of the game is not a bad thing but it should be done in the right way. .......
I agree - there's a right way & a wrong way.
While I would like to see updates on progress I think I have a unique understanding why it can take a while & so try to be patient (I did dabble in computer programming when I was younger) - there's a LOT of stuff that needs to be sorted out on this game (Don't forget there's been 3 maybe 4 attempts to complete it by different developers) before Novilon can add stuff AND he does all this in his free time..

As for constructive criticism that too should be done in a better way, it's one thing to provide an opinion on how this could be done in a different way.....
As I mentioned - different developers have different views of how they would like the game to progress.... but at least Novilon is one of them that have actually listened to suggestions from posters & said he's added them to his 'game ideas possibilities' folder for future updates, but at a guess I think he'd like to sort out the current mess to make it easier to add any of those in future. One of the worse things is to try & add stuff to a buggy program.. it can cause a LOT of headaches

.... all while not offering to provide any help (cash\art\coding).......
How I would like to help out but not that good at drawings or coding so not sure how to help other than giving suggestions & bug tracking - think Novilon has got a couple of artist willing to help out though.
Also I believe Novilon has said he never thought of the idea of asking for money when asked before

Last edited:
Reactions: PBS666

seronis

May 9, 2022
I have no art talent barely marginal writing talent but play around with renpy a fair amount and help out in the official renpy discord answering questions on code. Just got new computer built and want to work on something but dont have enough concrete ideas for the couple personal projects in my 'future todo' list. So decided instead I want to clean up BSC code a bit and maybe make it easier for others to do scene writing.

If anyone could DM me a link to the rumored novilion/bsc discord I would appreciate it foremost. I have no intention on writing new content myself so I would prefer to share anything code related where it might get used. I highlighted some points foxy made to address:

1. there's a LOT of stuff that needs to be sorted out on this game

2. different developers have different views of how they would like the game to progress ... but at a guess I think he'd like to sort out the current mess to make it easier to add any of those in future

3. think Novilon has got a couple of artist willing to help out though.
1. im gonna first make a simple time/date tracking class. Nov has pointed out multiple times BSC handles time as a buggy mess. after that I wanna look at how modular BSC makes areas/rooms/events.

2. I'm gonna do this for myself no matter what but at this point it might not be useful to Nov which would be an issue with the 2nd bullet point above about diff devs having diff visions

3. this is where im a leech, fully admitted. Hopefully if anything I contribute is useful it will help speed up other people working on scenes/art. who knows.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes