FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
Because it isn't measured by last update that'd be stupid. It's measured by last sign of work from the dev. Now if someone wants to find novilions last post about working on this they could measure it.
You asked & shall receive

3rd passage
..... One of the things I've been doing recently with the new / expanded scenes is trying to "multi-path" them so that what Cream does, or is willing to do, can change based on what she's already done with you previously.......

Jul 16, 2022
Yeah I know how you feel.. it does seem like a bit of a 'go slow'/'abandoned' feel to this however I'm still holding out Novilon will come back to it eventually.

There 'may' be hope of another version of this game in the process though.
While googling to find out a way to search discord server for this mysterious channel (like Peahen has) I stumbled across a post from a 'company' called Towan-Games-Studio who has a Patreon page & talks about 'secret sonic game' of the same name. (They also state more images are available on their Discord - maybe THIS is the Discord everyone thinks exists)

While I'm not signing up to patreon just to find out all the details, I did stumble across a of it on another site & the screenshots look VERY similar. Whether this is a Troll post,'fake news' or whatever I don't know but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Novilon
Not gonna lie, what these dudes are planning here with their own version is pretty impressive. Looking at the most recent post, they have some plans that are similar to what Novilon was mentioning in his latest post. I like the idea of the color coating decisions to make it more obvious what your character intentions are. Also the artwork kinda good, I like the style. Although I don't know if they will add any heavy animations, but it seems like they want too.

peahen

Sep 14, 2021
I stumbled across a post from a 'company' called Towan-Games-Studio who has a Patreon page & talks about 'secret sonic game' of the same name.
This looks to be a complete remake with a number of changes to the mechanics -- and with what i thought at first, for some reason, to be different photos of the same house from BSC, but upon cross-checking are obviously of a different house. (Look, I haven't played in a while.) The living room photo looks way crisper than anything you'd see in a Flash game, to the point I thought it might be a 3D render (I think I remember seeing someone's Blender project of recreating the house layout once a while ago), but then the kitchen is considerably lower-res and less of a nice photo. (Also contains what looks to be a family photo of a couple of some kind of strange hairless, yet non-reptilian anthro species... that might not be a good idea to have in your cubfucking game. Or in a WIP Patreon preview of your cubfucking game, even if you're gonna edit the photo out later).

Aval0nx has alluded in the past to an updated Ren'Py remake/update of his own that he had been working with one or two other people on, so for a moment (before I checked and realized the house was totally different) I thought that it was possible he's working with Towan on this version. But, even if I hadn't double-checked the photos from the game, I really really doubt that he'd stand for replacing the art with such an unmistakably better-looking style than his. lmao. (The artist is SoulCentinel, by the way, but it looks like for this he's taking some cues from unknownanon's style of drawing Cream.)

I get why one would want to have the choices show you what stat changes they will have, but for my money, that cheapens the game quite a bit. If you really want to remove one of the few basic skills VNs ask of you -- anticipating the probable outcomes of a choice, how a character will react to it, and how it will affect your relationship -- you can just look at the script files to see if groping her before getting her to take off her dress is a bad idea. I prefer just, you know, playing the game (and yes, more recently, examining the script files, but that doesn't stick in the memory as well) to generally know what choices will get me the stats I want in an expedient manner.

So yeah, that's some unrelated guy just deciding to make his own version, (for his own part, the screenshots shown so far purely containing the original dialogue/writing either verbatim, condensed, or with parts slightly and awkwardly reworded -- probably lifted from this version, since that's far easier than trying to extract text from a Flash project. But then again it's always possible that the awkward wording might just be the original wording, before FB or Novilon reworded it to be less awkward. I was sure that the line for summoning Cream had to be one of those that Towan reworded, but no, it's just like that. I'll have to look into whether the reworded lines are from an earlier version.) and get that sweet sweet patreon money for it. Though the fact that he's sharing some of it with an artist is nice.

(They also state more images are available on their Discord - maybe THIS is the Discord everyone thinks exists)
It's not. The Discord has been around since the FuzzyBunny version. It's pretty easy to find, knowing that ;). Not super active at present, for what it's worth, but don't go flooding it either.

EDIT: Incidentally, for anyone curious, Novilon's last post in the Discord is from mid-November. I guess we'll yet see if the project is actually abandoned or not, but people are still posting bugs and typos they find which will hopefully be integrated into the next version, be that by Novilon or someone else.

Last edited:

Intothemist

Dec 2, 2017
Okay so that makes sense. Like I said, I am not trying to bash on the guy which is why I generally just lurk by every so often to see if any updates are made. There are plenty of games to play tho I do hope something big happens soon.

As for this other game, I wont lie I cant decide which I like more regarding both games' art styles.

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
Does anyone have the links to each of these versions of games besides this one?
Are you talking about all the versions Novilon done or all the previous developers versions ??
I'm not sure if the links in the [Abandoned] threads still work but here's the old threads

Original Avalon Flash - Abandoned - Babysitting Cream [v1.05] [Aval0nX] | F95zone
Protofan : (1) Ren'Py - Abandoned - Babysitting Cream Ren'Py Port [v1.7.1] [Protofan] | F95zone
Fuzzybunny: (1) VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - BabySitting Cream FuzzyBunny-Mod Ren'py Port [v0.3.1] [FuzzyBunny23] | F95zone

Last edited:

peahen

Sep 14, 2021
I'm not sure if the links in the [Abandoned] threads still work but here's the old threads
Yeah most of them don't; as noted by FuzzyBunny their MEGA account got banned (though one of the links that does still work is a MEGA one, so either they made a new one or someone else re-uploaded 0.3.1 and 0.3.0 and FB put those links on the OP) and the other sites they uploaded the older versions to are long defunct. I asked elsewhere but if anyone has unavailable versions lying around for whatever reason, or is able to find working links to ones I wasn't able to, it'd be cool for preservation and comparing versions if they could re-upload them.

The versions I have (all publicly downloadable, go look, don't be lazy) are:
  • Protofan:
  • FuzzyBunny:
  • BetaMix:
It's possible the links to the older Protofan versions would still work but Wayback Machine results will just show "you need an account to access links" and they didn't leave links to old versions when updating the thread. Then again I haven't yet tried archived versions of third-party sites that just repost release threads from F95zone, or use a Ren'Py web player to let people play BSC in-browser. (OK, I tried a little bit, without success. I found a forum that might have a link to 0.3.2, but even if that link isn't dead by now, its system for sending out activation emails seems to be broken right now.) EDIT: Snatched 0.3.2 from erogames.to (data.bin, which is a .zip in disguise. Only about 4MB, because it pulls art assets as the game wants to load them. The "download" link goes to a page that only offers links to the most recent version).

Last edited:

Draco Black

Nov 5, 2023
Ah, all right. Do I need to have done anything with cream beforehand? And does she have to go to bed in the room with me? Or doesn't that matter?

Draco Black

Nov 5, 2023
Hmmm? Sorry. My English is really shitty (I can't do anything without a translator).
I don't quite understand what exactly is meant by that.

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
Hmmm? Sorry. My English is really shitty (I can't do anything without a translator).
I don't quite understand what exactly is meant by that.
Basically Peahen has looked at the actual game code to see what conditions are required to show that scene

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He is saying that the only condition required for the scene to play out is 'if day.num == 1' which occurs when you go to sleep on the first day

The other 'mystery' scene occurs when 'day.num == 3', in other words it should happen after day 3

Draco Black

Nov 5, 2023
Already got these scenes. But it's very confusing because you don't really find out what it's all about. Does it have anything to do with the game itself? Does anyone know anything?
As far as I've read here, nobody seems to know exactly whether the game has been abandoned or whether it's in some kind of "standby" and Novilon simply doesn't have time to continue at the moment.
So it also seems that this mysterious scene will not be resolved?

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
Already got these scenes. But it's very confusing because you don't really find out what it's all about. Does it have anything to do with the game itself? Does anyone know anything?.......
.......So it also seems that this mysterious scene will not be resolved?
TBH - I am not 100% sure. If I Recall, those 'mystery' scenes have been in place since the game was first made by AvalonX as a placeholder for some planned storyline he never finished and as of yet there is nothing added.

I cannot speak for the current developer (Novilon) but he did mention some time back to my suggestion to try & tie up part of this mysterious event (it was a reply to another post) that it gave him " some good ideas to work with " - I'm hoping he's still planning on something like this to finish that part of the game

As far as I've read here, nobody seems to know exactly whether the game has been abandoned or whether it's in some kind of "standby" and Novilon simply doesn't have time to continue at the moment.
All I know is that Novilon has posted in the past that real life issue come first, whether its abandoned or not only he can say. - I'm hoping it's not

peahen

Sep 14, 2021
Basically Peahen has looked at the actual game code to see what conditions are required to show that scene
Yeah this is the code, but due to the lack of indentation, it's not just "hard to read", but since the language lacks brackets and relies on indentation to define where blocks are, you kind of can't know for sure what it's doing, though in this specific case it's really easy to take an educated guess and be right. (There is the option to insert a code block at the top of the post composer. [CODE]Like this[/CODE])
TBH - I am not 100% sure. If I Recall, those 'mystery' scenes have been in place since the game was first made by AvalonX as a placeholder for some planned storyline he never finished and as of yet there is nothing added.
I don't think this is quite right, barring there being a newer release version from Aval0nX available than "1.dealwithit.01" that I don't know about -- looking at the versions including Protofan's initial port, day 1's scene was added by FuzzyBunny in 0.3.0, rewritten by Novilon in 0.3.2, and then not touched since, except in 0.3.5 to reflect an updated SFX filename. The day 3 scene was added in its entirety in 0.3.5 (see attachments). (Novilon if you don't want these images up just let me know and I'll take them down but like, anyone can look at the code at their leisure)
All I know is that Novilon has posted in the past that real life issue come first, whether its abandoned or not only he can say. - I'm hoping it's not
He's posted in the discord about 10 days ago answering questions so it's not forgotten about at the very least, but yeah it looks like actual work is still at the very least slowed if not on a hiatus. I don't intend to pry about it either. I sure know I have projects that I haven't touched in a while because I haven't had the time or energy, but fully intend to get back to when I do. Looking around, I think everyone's just kind of going through it right now.

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
I don't think this is quite right, barring there being a newer release version from Aval0nX available than "1.dealwithit.01" that I don't know about -- looking at the versions including Protofan's initial port, day 1's scene was added by FuzzyBunny in 0.3.0, rewritten by Novilon in 0.3.2, and then not touched since, except in 0.3.5 to reflect an updated SFX filename. The day 3 scene was added in its entirety in 0.3.5
You are probably right.. all I can remember - being an all time lurker of this game - is I can't remember a time I've NOT seen the (original) mystery pic

As for Novilon recent post on Discord - yeah I missed the one from this year.. last I saw was the November one (18th Nov 2023)

Paperwork570

Aug 6, 2021
So can you do anything to tails in this version? Because all i do results in him either leaving or him crying over the phone

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes