seronis

May 9, 2022
Looks like the game was abandoned for a different game
Not exactly. Their artist left. I know for certain the dev themself had been pretty active trying to learn renpy because I was helping them with code problems occasionally on discord. But hard to continue working on something that is impossible to complete without the other key members

Reactions: Novaca and Dank man

Mαlice

Jun 10, 2018
The Secret Sonic Game is not really abandoned, just ... put on the back burner. I am still saddened that Patreon got wind of this -- either via report or other means-- but, rest assured, that Towan Games Studio is still working on this game according to his .
Shame we cannot see said posts. Bit costly imo.

Reactions: Novaca

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
something that I would like to see changed in the game are the scenes that only occur once, on a specific day and at a specific time, this makes the average player miss a lot of things, just let the scenes happen in order, in addition to the limit of days until the The end is really bad and limits the game, finally a walkthrough in the game would be perfect

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
something that I would like to see changed in the game are the scenes that only occur once, on a specific day and at a specific time, this makes the average player miss a lot of things, just let the scenes happen in order, in addition to the limit of days until the The end is really bad and limits the game, finally a walkthrough in the game would be perfect
I agree some of the 'One time Only' events can be a bit of a pain, however doing so does allow a bit of 'replay-ability', as it allows you to try the week again but using different choices to get the missing scenes.

It's the 'Random' events I don't really like - you have a small slim chance of getting a necessary trigger that allows you to get certain events to occur - the Telephone Call conversations for example or meeting up with certain characters (like the Mall fountain or when going down Forest path) - if you're not lucky enough to get the rare trigger - you miss it

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
I agree some of the 'One time Only' events can be a bit of a pain, however doing so does allow a bit of 'replay-ability', as it allows you to try the week again but using different choices to get the missing scenes.

It's the 'Random' events I don't really like - you have a small slim chance of getting a necessary trigger that allows you to get certain events to occur - the Telephone Call conversations for example or meeting up with certain characters (like the Mall fountain or when going down Forest path) - if you're not lucky enough to get the rare trigger - you miss it
but don't you have a feeling of losing what you've achieved when you start all over again?, for me it's more worth having access to all the content in just 1 save or at least having the choice to have access to it while playing, and I agree with you luck mechanism shouldn't have, especially in a game with limited time

Mar 27, 2018
I'm planning to put in an in-game (non-cheat) way to extend the game, because I agree that sometimes you run out of days before you've done everything you want, and this will only get worse if there are more things to do. I'm also thinking of an in-game way to reset all of Cream's stats and memories (RWC, happiness, flags, etc), maybe some kind of amnesia potion or something.

There are still going to be things that only happen at specific days/times, I'm not removing that (although if you extend the game you'll get another chance at them, at the same time next week). I agree that they should be made harder to miss.

If I do manage to properly implement the two features I mentioned, it should be possible for a determined player to 100% the game (experience everything) on a single save. I don't expect most players to do this (not everyone will want to take the low-morality path, for example), but I know some people want it and I think it's a good idea.

An in-game walkthrough is not possible because it's a sandbox-type game and not a VN. This will not change.

(Don't expect all of this in the first build I put out, these are just long-term plans/ideas.)

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Maybe there is a way to piss Knuckles off so much, he punches you so hard you end up three days back in time?
Ofc, you wake up with less energy that day feeling like you got hit by a truck...

Last edited:

seronis

May 9, 2022
A way i've imagined extending the game time would be that Vanilla calls home to check up on Cream on Fridays. She mentions to sonic that 'stuff came up' and she needs to stay another week. If the RWC value is lets say 200 then Cream says she doesnt mind spending more time with Sonic. If its lower she complains and sonic gets fired and Amy takes over thus gameover. If it meets the requirement Vanilla transfers sonic more spending money and game extends another week.

Each week the RWC value required goes up representing Cream missing vanilla too much and wanting her to come home.

If this was done all the exploits in the game could get fixed without ruining the game since you would be able to earn more time and you could have time to see more events

Last edited:

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
I'm planning to put in an in-game (non-cheat) way to extend the game, because I agree that sometimes you run out of days before you've done everything you want, and this will only get worse if there are more things to do.
I agree - 1 week never seemed long enough to be able to achieve everything. Many times it's been mentioned in posts that players wished for longer periods (IIRC someone did mention a Month which I think is too long, but 2 weeks still seem a little too short).

IMHO the existing game is really not a complete game anyway, more like a 'Chapter 1' since we've got this mysterious event happening in the game & we got no idea if it has something to do with Vanilla ?

I'm also thinking of an in-game way to reset all of Cream's stats and memories (RWC, happiness, flags, etc), maybe some kind of amnesia potion or something.
Potion of Amnesia ?!?!?....Please don't.
You can already most of this using Vanilla's Laptop anyway so maybe you could make it a little harder to cheat

A suggestion for the Ideas folder perhaps
Remove/Hide the 'Cheat Menu' from Vanilla's Laptop & instead create some form of Achievement Cheat Unlock method.
As you complete events etc - the more cheat options unlock

Examples
- Used camera on Rainy day: Unlocks 'Toggle Rain' Cheat
- Use laptop & earn 500+ Coins: Unlocks 'Earn 1000 Coins' cheat
- Get Cream to sleep in bed with you: Unlock 'Set time to morning/Set day to 1' options
- You've managed to get her Dress off: Unlock cheats 'Cream Comfortable without a Dress/Refuse to Undress'
- You've managed to get her Naked: Unlock Cheats for 'Cream Comfortable being Naked/Refuse to get Naked'
- You've found all Items: Unlock Option to 'Give all/Remove all' items
- Complete 'Sex with Cream' events ('Sex w/cream on/at/in..., Anal Sex & Vaginal Sex) : Unlocks Max RWC/Reset RWC option
- Complete ALL (available) sex events: Unlocks Max Stats/Reset All Stats

If you're not happy with this, maybe use 'Scores' value to gradually unlock the cheats, but this means doing a lot of 'Shared cream with others' will get higher scores a lot quicker than 'Showered with Cream'

There are still going to be things that only happen at specific days/times, I'm not removing that (although if you extend the game you'll get another chance at them, at the same time next week). I agree that they should be made harder to miss.
Suggestion - If you 'miss' an event the 1st week (lets say it is currently a random chance set to 10%) then during 2nd week make probability 20% (30% if you get to 3rd week etc etc). Still makes it random but there's a higher chance of getting it as time progresses

An in-game walkthrough is not possible because it's a sandbox-type game and not a VN. This will not change.
Thank Heavens.... I think it ruins a game if there's an actual walkthrough. Why play a game & follow a walkthrough step-by-step on how to complete it

I prefer finding the opportunities through experimenting with options & seeing the results far better than following a step-by-step guide to complete a game
- OK admittingly 'guides' to help you get to the good stuff quicker, telling you where to find things or when certain events will happen could also be a form of cheating, but how/when you get to do those things is up to you.

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
A way i've imagined extending the game time would be that Vanilla calls home to check up on Cream on Fridays. She mentions to sonic that 'stuff came up' and she needs to stay another week. If the RWC value is lets say 200 then Cream says she doesnt mind spending more time with Sonic. If its lower she complains and sonic gets fired and Amy takes over thus gameover. If it meets the requirement Vanilla transfers sonic more spending money and game extends another week.

Each week the RWC value required goes up representing Cream missing vanilla too much and wanting her to come home.

If this was done all the exploits in the game could get fixed without ruining the game since you would be able to earn more time and you could have time to see more events
excellent solution!, it would create a certain challenge and could extend the game in just one save, as I said, added to this a system of tips on how to progress with certain characters and the game flows
edit: after certain weeks Vanilla decides to stay at home permanently and participates in unique scenes...

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022

This is a brilliant idea! How about the call happening on Sunday morning instead though? That way, you still have the extra two days (Friday or Saturday) to increase the RWC value with Cream before Vanilla calls? 2 extra weeks max would probably be good for this, rather than an endless amount of time though. They way you can do every event if you want, plus increase or decrease the RWC with enough time.

seronis

May 9, 2022
This is a brilliant idea! How about the call happening on Sunday morning instead though? That way, you still have the extra two days (Friday or Saturday) to increase the RWC value with Cream before Vanilla calls? 2 extra weeks max would probably be good for this, rather than an endless amount of time though. They way you can do every event if you want, plus increase or decrease the RWC with enough time.
The game wouldnt have to end on friday. Just if Vanilla is working she would likely know on friday if she had to stay another week. You dont wait till the last day to inform a live-in babysitter that they're needed longer

Jul 16, 2022
The game wouldnt have to end on friday. Just if Vanilla is working she would likely know on friday if she had to stay another week. You dont wait till the last day to inform a live-in babysitter that they're needed longer
Oh ok, I thought you meant it just ends on that Friday with no chance of redemption. My bad, I misinterpreted. And of course, you wouldn't tell a "real" babysitter at the last minute but it is a game though. We can have a willing suspension of disbelief on certain things.

seronis

May 9, 2022
Oh ok, I thought you meant it just ends on that Friday with no chance of redemption. My bad, I misinterpreted. And of course, you wouldn't tell a "real" babysitter at the last minute but it is a game though. We can have a willing suspension of disbelief on certain things.
If she is coming back on sunday (or amy taking over) there could be a special event on saturday for "last day with creme" as long as creme is happy, even if RWC isnt high enough. Phone call on friday just has more potential

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes