arglblargl

Sep 30, 2017
It's not personal preferences, it could fake stuck players leaving a bad reputation for the game.
Dude, get off your high horse. Yes it is a personal preference. I prefer some randomness because it makes things less boring. It's not like progression is locked behind the board game scenes. Loads of games have random events, so it's not like this is a new thing.

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
New style history narrative not good as Aval0nX can make better?
Saw your first Spanish post too. This is my preferred style and something of an experiment to see how well dynamic text can be adapted to this game.

If you prefer the original, check out the Protoff Port thread, his Ren'Py port sticks to the original text and menu options.

Reactions: nenten

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
I have been hesitant to mention this plan because there's no way I will be able to implement it well for at least several months, but there will be a scenes menu where you can select the scene/menu option and read through in a straight shot for the "action" you want. Not entirely sure how well this will work, but once you've "unlocked" a menu option, all variations can be viewed outside of normal game flow, no energy/time issues.

Ex:
Scenes Menu:
  • Living Room
    • Dressed Option
      • Play a Board Game
        • Checkers
        • HBG
      • Play a Video Game
      • Watch Cartoons
        • Peek
          • a bunch of illustrated story goodness
        • Ignore
    • Panties Options
    • Naked Options

Hellfire2k5

Dec 2, 2017
...I prefer some randomness because it makes things less boring..
I agree to add more text to replace once read text is nice to make it worthy to follow the path again,
but as there and will be new and more randomized options...

The weakness in blowing up the existing game with too much randomness for babysitting cream is:
Hellfire2k5 - No plans to extend the stay
Every ' action (choice you did) ' in the game consumes energy and the time flows - day > night,
the key events which you need for the game progress can become unclear if you don't know them.

To give the player a better game experience is not to add a ' scenes menu ' (could make the game boring tbh),
is either to... Expand Vanillas leave time, prevent none key scenes to consume energy and time or to change
how the randomness gets implemented.

I have played many games and babysitting cream was one of my favorites. I don't want to see it going down the river.

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Every ' action (choice you did) ' in the game consumes energy and the time flows - day > night,
the key events which you need for the game progress can become unclear if you don't know them.
The flow of day to night has never changed, and no new menu actions have been added, only scenes expanded. So this that you keep bringing, is meaningless.

The revised game is much easier to advance in. Stop trying to play it like an RPG and play it like a VN.

I have played many games and babysitting cream was one of my favorites. I don't want to see it going down the river.
Then stop playing this one. You went straight to personal insults in our chat and there's nothing forcing you to play this one. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I have to change it. Feel free to make your own version, the code base is open for anyone to play with.

Try Protoff's, he kept it as the last release of Aval0nXs.

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
A) Even just loading the savegame re-rolls the randome calculation to offer different text / selections
This behavior actually helps address what appears to be your main concern.

The thing you seem to be complaining about really is a non-issue. If you're concerned about not getting the random branches you want, either save often and reload your saves to see the different scenes, or use the 'Back' feature to try again until you get the scene you want.

Hellfire2k5 said:
You are adding endless talk to a single selection where is no game progress, but the player doesn't know it spending precious energy that is not endless (without cheating).
Even with the randomness, progress is still made. As FuzzyBunny23 said, this is a BETA version and much of the content isn't finished yet... so yes in its current version it's possible to spend quite a bit of energy without much RWC to show for it, if you keep trying the same options and getting unlucky.

That said, as long as you're using all your energy each day doing a variety of things, it's statistically highly improbable (if not impossible) to get to the end of the game without unlocking the sex scenes. In fact, you can get Cream into her panties by the first half of day 4 by just spamming "Let's play a board game" constantly without taking any other actions but sleeping. I don't know why you'd want to play like that, but it works.

Hellfire2K5 said:
I dislike this kind of randomness behavior as it makes the game confusing.
If you think this way... I guess you are easily confused? You seem to be the only person who is having trouble with this.

This is not an RPG with locked choices like Naked Ambition, it's a visual novel adaptation of a beloved abandonware game. If the change of format bothers you, then this game probably isn't for you.

Reactions: formalcausality

Horsie

Apr 27, 2017
I want to make a little suggestion to the game. It's easy to implement, but very tedious to do, so... make whatever you want with this suggestion.
I'm a bitch for completion. I want to see everything a game offers to me. But this is something that it's really hard if the game you're playing doesn't have any way to track what did you see and what not.
So, my suggestion is make the game track if you encountered every scene, and to display a scene list so you can look for missed scenes.

This is how I would make it: create an array of objects composed of "scene name" as a string, "viewed" as a datetime, "count" as an integer, "hidden" as a boolean, and "group" as a link to an array of scene groups.
Then have an array of scene groups, for example "Living room - videogames", "Handstand", "Tails", etc.
"scene name" is self explanatory.
"viewed" is null when you haven't yet encountered this scene, and has the date when you first encountered it.
"count" is how many times you encountered this scene.
"hidden" makes the "scene name" in the list hidden (or rendered as ???) in the scene list while count=0, perfect for not spoiling certain scenes until you have seen them.
"group" is to have the scenes grouped as a tree when shown to the player.
The rest of the implementation is fairly obvious. The tedious part is looking at all the game code, finding every scene, adding the data for the arrays, and adding the all the calls to the function to manage the "scene viewed"

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
For linux, what are the terminal commands to run the game?
Haven't tried myself yet, so...
Try this: just copy/pasting
Extract it and then double-click on any additional directory it might have created. You’ll find a .sh file inside, which is a shell script. You can either execute this from the command line by issuing /path/to/directory/shell.sh with the path being replaced by the location and name of the file, or by double-clicking it in a Linux file manager. If double-clicking it gives you a code listing, then right-click on the file, select Permissions and then make sure the “Execute: Only Owner” function is selected before trying again.

CoCPhonz

Oct 16, 2020
Haven't tried myself yet, so...
Try this: just copy/pasting
Extract it and then double-click on any additional directory it might have created. You’ll find a .sh file inside, which is a shell script. You can either execute this from the command line by issuing /path/to/directory/shell.sh with the path being replaced by the location and name of the file, or by double-clicking it in a Linux file manager. If double-clicking it gives you a code listing, then right-click on the file, select Permissions and then make sure the “Execute: Only Owner” function is selected before trying again.
Thank you. Well done on the game.

Reactions: FuzzyBunny23

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Looks like the morality police have arrived, or possibly "that guy" reporting links to keep "his" game pure.

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Since my rebutal to "that guy" was reported and deleted as "disparaging" I wouldn't be surprised if he now has a mission...

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I see there's a couple issues here.

1 - Someone comes into the thread and begins demanding a change to the game's flow and format regarding random events in ONE room and when told "no", has decided not to accept being told "no". As a result, it's turned into a single member repeatedly bullying the developer in an attempt to gain an advantage in the game.
My take on this - Normally, being told "no" and then actually having the reasoning behind it explained clearly should stop anyone from trying to push an issue. I mean, I understand FuzzyBunny23's explanation about the random events so if it was me, I would have stopped and thought "maybe I'll do my own mod for myself if i feel it's that bad." But other than that, i would have stopped pushing the issue. But that is not what happened here and it's not okay. It stops now. I do mean NOW.

2- Other members including FuzzyBunny23 understandably got frustrated and let their emotions get the better of them. Those posts (even though I understand why) were deleted because they were starting to get aggressive along with the troll's comments. So both sides had comments deleted.
My words - Hey I get it. You're feeling disrespected and replying on that level. Yeah. But you know, all the comments on that same level got deleted.. both sides. So the mods did their job correctly.

With that said, the TL;DR is
If you notice this behavior again in the future, please don't respond to it. Report it please. That way you won't have "comment was deleted.." notifications. Instead, you'd return to the thread and wonder what happened to the offending post cuz it's now gone.

To the individual who thinks they can keep trying to bully someone into changing random events, you're being warned right now. Because you didn't stop when asked, it's now violating Rule #1 because you're not being respectful. If you try this again, I will issue warnings and temp bans.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes