FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Status Report:
  • Big push to get the HBG section finished. All done up to the big events. Food Fun is finished, working on Truth or Dare, leaving only Foreplay to go. This is the only remaining dressed menu option not finished.
  • Still making some minor text tweaks all over the place as we find stuff that just doesn't read right.

Shout-out to fivesteaks for his awesome refactor of ALL the event/score/variable handling. It's all real Python code now, no more direct array references. You can tell what happened in the code without having to memorize the array indices or use a reference chart.

He's also created a new journal interface, pretty slick and more room to grow.

Heads up! - Because all of the parameters are now referenced differently, old save games will not work after this next release. Sorry guys, but it's for the best in the long run as we modernize this baby! With the new methods, adding new stuff will be much easier and less likely to cause this sort of issue.

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
any idea on the timeline for the next update
Guaranteed within this month of November, not sure when I'll get enough done to warrant a push. Depends on whether I decide to have a life on the weekends or "live in the basement", lol.

Truth or Dare section is being worked on now. It will actually work like T/D is supposed to, ask a question and pick truth or dare. Not all questions will involve a dare, and there are 5 questions possible for both Sonic and Cream. Original stuff will be included for the most part, but new items added to choices as well.

kevinscottmiller

Jul 25, 2019
Guaranteed within this month of November, not sure when I'll get enough done to warrant a push. Depends on whether I decide to have a life on the weekends or "live in the basement", lol.

Truth or Dare section is being worked on now. It will actually work like T/D is supposed to, ask a question and pick truth or dare. Not all questions will involve a dare, and there are 5 questions possible for both Sonic and Cream. Original stuff will be included for the most part, but new items added to choices as well.
thanks

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Scratch what I said about the TorD mechanics, it does work better for board game as the original land on a space way. Still expanding it, but truth or dare will be a random function.

Speaking of random, anyone know how to get a fresh random number assignment when using RenPy's "back" function? If you get truth and try to use back to get dare on the next pass, it will never change unless you reload the whole script which is annoying.

fulanodetal44

Apr 6, 2019
First post, this project made me actually write a post instead of just lurk.

this is amazing, thanks for continuing this legendary/infamous game.
this was one of the games that introduced me to the furry fandom years ago and means lots to me.

just in case, how can someone help with the writing? i have a couple of really good writer friends that might be able to help

also, a little personal wish for this great project:
if I read this correctly, you want to rework all the scenes that are a bit rapey or questionable.
my suggestion is, maybe keep them both?. i mean, you can select different routes for everything, what about keeping those as a selectable option if your moral alignment is low enough?

just my 2 cents, you are free to ignore this.

thanks in advance.

Reactions: FuzzyBunny23

Horsie

Apr 27, 2017
Speaking of random, anyone know how to get a fresh random number assignment when using RenPy's "back" function? If you get truth and try to use back to get dare on the next pass, it will never change unless you reload the whole script which is annoying.
I don't know much about how RenPy does it, but there has to be an internal variable storing the seed for the random number generator. If it's possible to change this value, you just change it in a way that it's not undone when rolling back, and it should work.
If that can't be done or doesn't work, you can change the random function you call for a custom one based on the real time clock, just pick the milliseconds of the clock, and get the modulus of all the chances of your random result (for example, for 3 options, "time % 3", result only can be 0, 1 or 2).

Last edited:

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
fulanodetal44 - plenty of questionable left (isn't that most of the game? lol). Things might get rough between adults, but still nothing not consensual.

It's a personal decision, I'm not going to write anything that physically abuses/traumatizes a young character.
When we're done with this version, anyone could take it and mod it with more stuff like that, I'd just ask that they rename it.

PM me if you want the discord link. That's where most dev discussion is happening.

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Status update:
Still working on HBG Truth or Dare. All of Sonic's truth questions and dares are done, that's 5 of each.
Both Cream and Sonic will have 5 questions and 5 dares to do send at each other, so this section now has 20 options in menu format now, rather than the lead through script it had before. You have a lot more choices/control on where it leads.

fulanodetal44

Apr 6, 2019
i'm so exited for the next update, been checking this thread every other day!

but don't feel pressured or rush anything please, take all the time you want, we can wait :)

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Status Report:
Still moving along, just finished expanding the "Be my man servant!" dare for Cream. Any foot fetishists in the house? :p

I've got two each (questions and dares) to finish on Cream for Truth or Dare. I'm expanding Cream to 6 of each to include some butt play on Sonic if you've achieved anal play with Cream. Hey, what's fair is fair, right?

It will likely be early December before the next update, but that's because I'm trying to finish ALL of the HBG scenes. Foreplay is actually pretty easy to update.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes