Ren'Py Abandoned Babysitting Cream Ren'Py Port [v1.7.1] [Protofan]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
I used waifu2x to upscale the images and reduce noise, so that they wouldnt be too pixelated on a higher resolution screen. I dont think there is anything that could color the images, but considering how art in the game has either no shading at all or only basic shading, coloring and cleaning up the images like ones you attached doesnt seem to be that hard. Would do that myself but I cant draw for shit, and my tracing skills wont even get me hired on wikihow
PS: how the fuck does Sonic have human feet and not Cream
On the PS: there's lots about the graphics that could have been better, but as a NOT artist, I could not have done better. For coloring and general editing I'm using PS2020 with a Wacom Intuos Pro pen tablet. I have colored in several images, and let me tell you, it takes a lot of time to do a decent job, have to zoom way in and paint against the lines since a lot of these are sketched and the lines are not well defined. Almost got all of the backgrounds done and THEN noticed it wasn't saving what I was looking at, half of them are off to the right. The joys of updating. Still, coming along well. Here's one of the new images I'm working on for the bedroom scenes.

Reactions: protoff

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
The game needs more cowbell, (that's just a guess though, dunno. Didn't play).

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here because it seems like a good place for it. Yer welcome ya degenerates. XD

burnit.gif

protoff

Apr 14, 2019
Okay, I actually tried to color some stuff and considering how clean the originals were, I think I did pretty alright. As long as lines are clean enough it should be pretty easy to color them. There still is some leftover noise, probably from the paper, but it manages to give the art an interesting look.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
It looks niiiiice! I'm so hyped and excited for it to be added on the game
Okay, I actually tried to color some stuff and considering how clean the originals were, I think I did pretty alright. As long as lines are clean enough it should be pretty easy to color them. There still is some leftover noise, probably from the paper, but it manages to give the art an interesting look.

Reactions: FuzzyBunny23

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
protoff - These are great, I appreciate the effort! Those can be used right off. The dressing room scenes didn't have any imagery so win/win. I'm also opening up the penetration scene in the dressing room, that was blocked before because of an unassigned variable.

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
status update:

My mod does have sound (original music, some old sound effects - not the infinite-beep, new sound effects)
  • splash screens completed
  • Main menu image completed
  • intro sequence replicated
  • tutorial/game info completed (includes original as it was and separate new)
    • uses nvl narrator mode
  • User interface restyled, buttons re-imaged for Cream/notebook/phone
    • phone is being retooled to have a quickdial that uses the menu Protoff made, as well as allow dialing so that I can try to finish out the Vanilla mystery thread later on
    • including in game buttons to toggle music/sounds
  • livingroom events update in progress (if you tried one of my SWF mods, all of that and more)
I'll keep posting milestone updates here unless it's objectionable. Once I get this port fully functional I'll start a new thread.

Last edited:

protoff

Apr 14, 2019
Here's some more colors. This ones are a bit worse, since the original images were noisy af, and the plugin I used to define lineart couldnt do its job properly. Volleyball one is straight up perfect, just because of being a digital lineart and not a paperscan.
P.S. Apperently theres a lot of art for all sorts of events on . Also, Shadow the mall cop, lmao

Last edited:

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Thanks for continuing your work, I enjoy the rewritten content and would love to see the game approach something like a finished version. I don't even mind if you can't find art for stuff, just having the options and writing done would be quite fun.
Thanks! I haven't decided where to draw the line on adding art, at this stage I've added about 9 images and have around 10 more that should fit with some cleanup. Anything new is more difficult to obtain since I'm not a very good artist. I'll be posting on a new game thread once I've got the game fully ported, backgrounds updated for evening/night/rain, more text updates. It will take a bit of work, but worth it in the end.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
I enjoy reading anyway so maybe my opinion is a bit biased or outside the norm, but for me a good well written scene does 90% of the work that a piece of art does.

There are internet sites with thousands of pictures of art but it's alot harder to find a nice interactive story.

I don't know how much work goes into the coding part of it either with something like this but if you complete ignore making new art once you've used up the assets you have I think it should be fairly manageable to add to the game and make a more complete product.

killer69012

Mar 17, 2018
Here something a little extra, A save file with all coins to the max, but the energy will reset the next day.
But maxed out cream stats
Enjoy!

MetalBlank

Oct 3, 2017
Just so you know, the HBG game, if you pull the yellow card twice on the same save, the arousal stats don't reset between games. Instant win/lose depending on the outcome of the first game in the save file.
As well, you probably want to change 'Jerk off into Cream's pizza' to 'Jerk off onto Cream's pizza'

• Thinking Face

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Just so you know, the HBG game, if you pull the yellow card twice on the same save, the arousal stats don't reset between games. Instant win/lose depending on the outcome of the first game in the save file.
As well, you probably want to change 'Jerk off into Cream's pizza' to 'Jerk off onto Cream's pizza'
Believe me, there's a TON of grammar and spelling issues with the original (Although in fairness, it could be a stuffed crust pizza .....)

I'm mapping out all of the choice routes and the "requirements" for each result. Right off the bat I'll be reducing the RWC level required for undress (650-700 currently, way too high in my opinion). I'm also adding scenes to have a more realistic flow, so as en example - if Cream's already given you a bj, you're not going to get a first time script again, you'll get a more experienced version. I'm also providing more cash and energy up front, but no items, so you still have to play the game. The laptop cheat menu is still there and I may tweak it to allow setting of individual attributes.

Good news, I didn't realize Photoshop renders gifs into layers, so with those willyD gifs I'm getting a bunch of usable images (with editing). I've also made layered psd files that allow me to alter facial expressions rapidly on the basic character shots. Here's a teaser with one of the new facial expressions:

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes