4.10 star(s) 28 Votes

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I stopped playing at the "I wonder what would of happened if I went back to" realizing that Dolores' path was just a dead end and wasnt actually a branching path. I replayed a bit a go and saw that you include a choice at the end to close the game or go back to the story from meeting Guilia in her apartment with the groceries.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.
I obviously was a fan of Dolores, hence playing her story out.
On the one hand, its nice to be able to get more time with Dolores and see a sort of "What if" but on the other, if that's how its going to be with all the other girls and there is only 1 true love interest (Jaky I'm assuming), that might get old real quick. Especially if 80% of the game is going to be us not spending time with the main girl because she's back home, and the seemingly point of the game is going to be road tripping back home and hijinks ensuing.

I forgot to check, did the Lightbulb hint say when we got locked out of the main story?
Because all I remember it saying was "If you don't do so and so you will miss Delores story."
While technically true, it gave no indication that by watching Delores story, we miss the whole rest of the main story. lol
Maybe an ([Girls Name] ending) tag in the lightbulb when we reach one of those in the future?
I don't mind as much as I really enjoyed Dolores but if in the future people keep getting stuck with early ends I can see people getting pissed.
First of all, let me say that I'm glad my story got you so involved.:)

Please keep an open mind to what the story may bring to you and don't make too many assumptions. I want to tell the story the way I want it and my approach may be different from what you have seen from other games. One may have to get used to that, it may confuse some, it may even piss some off, but I hope that enough people just like it.

Take the lightbulb the way it's meant: as a hint, not to give you directions. I'm not going to tell you what choice to make; I might as well have told a linear story if I wanted to do that. Feel free to try other options in the game. I enjoy putting some easter eggs in alternative routes.

And the lightbulb didn't tell you that you would be locked out of the rest of the story if you chose for Dolores because that would have been totally and utterly untrue. On the contrary: if you didn't play Dolores story, you missed some clues about the main story. No vital clues, so if you you didn't like Dolores, don't worry ;)

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Small error during the Guilia scene on the roof.
As the animation plays for her grinding on your boner, there is a split second where the screen goes black as the animation resets. I think its just a timing thing?
Some animations do this, sadly. On some computers they do, on some they don't. I haven't found a solution for it yet.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
They are all animations and all on the Dolores path. Since you have all other images, I assume you have played Dolores' story.

Did you click on the red camera icon during the animations, to see the other angles? It's the only thing I can think of that might be blocking them. You will only see an item in the photo album if you have actually seen it in the game.
I used my old save to play further.

The red camera I haven`t seen before I use now no different (I used in the beginning the lightbulb to see what it says) .

I use skipping I tried out with only using enter now different.

So for me I would say on some point must be a bug.

Here are my save maybe you can look into it if you see something that is wrong. Change my save to Dolores route.

Last edited:

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018

The red camera I haven`t seen before I use now no different (I used in the beginning the lightbulb to see what it says) .

Here are my save maybe you can look into it if you see something that is wrong. Change my save to Dolores route.
Ok, I'll look at it later today. Thanks.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018

I can confirm there seems to be a bug that prevents some images to show up in the gallery. Don't know what causes is yet. It didn't show up when I tested it on my own computer. I have to stop looking for it for a while now, I'll continue with it later.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018

Some people pointed out to me that last week’s release had a bug in it. Actually, it turns out the bug was there the previous release already, but nobody noticed or reported it :D .

It’s not a big one, but it’s annoying none the less. Some images in the photo album remained locked where they shouldn’t. I will spare you the technical details, but that didn’t happen on my own computer. It will, however, happen on any other.

If you have played the latest release and want to have your photo album up-to date, you can download a bugfix Unpack it. There’s a file named “script.rpy” in it. Look where you have stored Back Home on your computer. There’s a folder named “game” in it. Copy the file named “script.rpy” that you just downloaded to that folder, overwriting the existing file. When you start Back Home now, image 16, 20, 21 and 23 should be unlocked, even if you haven’t seen them before.

If you haven’t played the latest release yet, you may want to play the fixed version. I will send that to the owner of this thread and ask him kindly to update the OP.

In this fixed version, the images mentioned above won’t be unlocked from the start, but only after you’ve “found” them.

I hope the problem is fixed now. If there’s anything, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
So am I missing something or was the extent of this release an evening and morning with Guilia? Cause if so I think I'll put this on the 'download every five updates' list :D

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Enjoying the game, good stuff.

One minor grammar niggle, (because that's all I do), Giulia says "this town is desolated" which, while being grammatically correct, wouldn't really be used, you'd say either "this town is desolate" or "this town is deserted".

Reactions: Rico Caramba

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Enjoying the game, good stuff.

One minor grammar niggle, (because that's all I do), Giulia says "this town is desolated" which, while being grammatically correct, wouldn't really be used, you'd say either "this town is desolate" or "this town is deserted".
I think my proofreader said the same. It must have slipped through :rolleyes:

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
What an amazing game! Keep the great job, Rico Caramba! Is it possible to have a walkthrough? Oh, when the next update is coming? :) Thanks for you incredible work!
As much as I like to use a walkthrough with other games, from a developer's point of view they are hell :D. I'm not going to tell you what to choose. If I did, I would have made the other options for the cunt of the cat, as we say in Dutch. There are hints in the game, though, and if you miss a lot of images in the photo album, it's an indication you missed parts of the story,

I promise, even if you seem to be heading towards an alternative ending, there will always be an option to jump back to the main story. The question "What would have happened if I chose differently" is in the heart of the way that I want to tell the story. So, telling you how to choose would conflict with that.

Next update? I have just started writing it and making the first renders, so I don't know. Usually it takes five or six weeks for the next update and, honestly, that is more than a fulltime job. Since (spoiler) you will finally be leaving town, I will need to make some new background scenes. That might take some extra time. I will probably split the third day in two or more releases, just like I did with the second day, or it would take until the end of Covid:D.

AnCaLu

Dec 18, 2020
As much as I like to use a walkthrough with other games, from a developer's point of view they are hell :D. I'm not going to tell you what to choose. If I did, I would have made the other options for the cunt of the cat, as we say in Dutch. There are hints in the game, though, and if you miss a lot of images in the photo album, it's an indication you missed parts of the story,

I promise, even if you seem to be heading towards an alternative ending, there will always be an option to jump back to the main story. The question "What would have happened if I chose differently" is in the heart of the way that I want to tell the story. So, telling you how to choose would conflict with that.

Next update? I have just started writing it and making the first renders, so I don't know. Usually it takes five or six weeks for the next update and, honestly, that is more than a fulltime job. Since (spoiler) you will finally be leaving town, I will need to make some new background scenes. That might take some extra time. I will probably split the third day in two or more releases, just like I did with the second day, or it would take until the end of Covid:D.
I get an error in the game. This is in the scene where Jacky asks you if you play volleyball.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I get an error in the game. This is in the scene where Jacky asks you if you play volleyball.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm puzzled. I've tried, but I can't reproduce this error. Please, give me some more information.

Apparently, you played version 0.2.1bugfix for windows. Was it the first time you played Back Home or was there, or has there even been, a previous version on your computer?

Did you play it as it was published on the OP, or did you play a version that was adapted by someone else, like a crushed version, a translation (not the Dutch) or an Android adaptation?

What was the source of your download? Mega, Mixdrop, Nopy or Pixeldrain?

Did you play in Windows or Linux? (I haven't and I can't test Linux)

Perhaps you could contact me on , so we could try and find de cause of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnCaLu

AnCaLu

Dec 18, 2020
I'm puzzled. I've tried, but I can't reproduce this error. Please, give me some more information.

Apparently, you played version 0.2.1bugfix for windows. Was it the first time you played Back Home or was there, or has there even been, a previous version on your computer?

Did you play it as it was published on the OP, or did you play a version that was adapted by someone else, like a crushed version, a translation (not the Dutch) or an Android adaptation?

What was the source of your download? Mega, Mixdrop, Nopy or Pixeldrain?

Did you play in Windows or Linux? (I haven't and I can't test Linux)

Perhaps you could contact me on , so we could try and find de cause of it.
Yes, the error was due to an unofficial translation. Now it works correctly. It is a good game. I play it since the pre-release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rico Caramba

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Kings day 2021.jpg
Happy King’s Day!

For those of you who are not Dutch: King’s Day is the birthday party of our king Willem-Alexander. Most of us have the day off to celebrate it. Usually, there are two things you can do on King’s Day.

You can stay at home and watch telly, to see our king visit a town somewhere in the country. He probably thinks we’re all nutters because the people in that town do things they only do when the king comes to visit them, like dancing on wooden shoes, eat gingerbread without using their hands or play shuffleboard with a toilet, thus giving the hidden message that one may have a throne, but we, the people, can do anything with it we want to.

Or you can leave your house and join the crowd in the cramped streets of the city centre, until you’ve manoeuvred yourself in a position where it’s impossible to move one step in any direction. You can browse the rugs and blankets where people are selling the junk from their attics, like broken mugs, worn clothes or dust-covered cassette tapes. If you see anything you’d want, it’s mandatory to haggle, even with a kid who is selling his toys for 50 cents apiece. In your left ear you hear the local brass band playing march music while in your right ear you hear a punk-rock band that’s left their garage for the very first time. You pray they will pause at the same time, so anyone can hear that cute kid right in front of you, playing her quarter violin. In the meantime, the food authorities are working overtime to reject and discard plastic buckets full of marinated chicken or pork skewers, meant for the thick black smoke producing barbecues that are everywhere, before it’s eaten by people who are so pissed they are going to throw up anyway.

God, I miss the option to go out. Due to Covid we have to stay at home, for the second year in a row.

Best wishes,

Rico Caramba

Last edited:

zainon

Jan 27, 2021
is this planned as multiple ending?
just want to prepare the usual stuff, you know harem and solo saves for all LI haha

Reactions: sam61g
4.10 star(s) 28 Votes