allintine

Mar 6, 2017
Frankly, I have my doubts about the enhanced version going all that far, unless RAinces has handed over assets. Axeman can easily improve gameplay and include renders not in the game currently (just available in included but as-yet unused files), but unless he's really good at getting his own renders to match those RAinces has done — and he might be; who knows? — the enhanced edition can really only go so far.
I believe Axeman has said that he already has the assets becuase he helped RAinces before

Kai Andersen

May 1, 2018
Friends, you forget one thing, Rainces has a trump card-it's a script, or simply a story. You can make great renderings. You can make a great interface. You can finally write the right text. But if there is no Foundation for a good story, the game will not be a hit. There is a saying: the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Today's remakes of "Big Brother" are proof of that. :cry:

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Friends, you forget one thing, Rainces has a trump card-it's a script, or simply a story. You can make great renderings. You can make a great interface. You can finally write the right text. But if there is no Foundation for a good story, the game will not be a hit. There is a saying: the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Today's remakes of "Big Brother" are proof of that. :cry:
There was no story in BBS. At least nothing that hasn't appeared in umpteen other incest games. There was nothing really original about it or special other than it hit upon some kinks for some people. The models were different than what I've seen before in most cases (Liza is pretty similar to some others though), but their personalities and dialogue were nothing new. When the characters aren't drunk or asleep, they're just bitching at Bobby. They are mainly blank slates that people are projecting their own ideas upon and seeing stuff there that Rainces never put in.

I agree in a general sense that it wouldn't be easy to exactly replicate the Engrish used by Rainces in this game. I think the stories and characters could be easily copied, but honestly I'd hope that anyone taking over the game could do better.

Kai Andersen

May 1, 2018
Corambis, perhaps because the translation is not very accurate, you did not catch the thread of the story. And it was laid down in the first release, and gradually developed. And if you start playing from the middle, it is difficult to catch this thread. In this regard, I have sufficient doubts that the new developer will continue the story in this way. Perhaps the game will become more interesting, sexier, more dynamic, more understandable .... But this will not be the story of Anna and her family. That's why I've already said goodbye to these heroes. And I did it with sadness, because I will probably never know how it all ended. Well, I will help the new developer, of course. Not because I want to see a version of it. It's because he took on a social burden, which I respect.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Corambis, perhaps because the translation is not very accurate, you did not catch the thread of the story. And it was laid down in the first release, and gradually developed. And if you start playing from the middle, it is difficult to catch this thread. In this regard, I have sufficient doubts that the new developer will continue the story in this way. Perhaps the game will become more interesting, sexier, more dynamic, more understandable .... But this will not be the story of Anna and her family. That's why I've already said goodbye to these heroes. And I did it with sadness, because I will probably never know how it all ended. Well, I will help the new developer, of course. Not because I want to see a version of it. It's because he took on a social burden, which I respect.
There definitely could be a language barrier involved, or cultural one. But there often is in these games. I don't have trouble picking it up in other games though. The game is also well-known to be influenced by Big Brother. It inherits a lot of what little story I know about from there, although a lot of the story is just the standard "brother and his sisters and mother" incest game trope. I think Big Brother did a much better job with it's story, corruption, and slow burn. Which is not to say that Big Brother was a great game with great writing or story. I loved it, especially in hindsight now that it is long dead. But it wasn't a great game. But somehow the combined experience of sometimes silly story, Engrish, and everything else combined to make it really fun. Maybe that's what you're feeling here, or in any case I'm fine that you and other loved BBS as it was. I'm always going to disagree that it was great writing, or characters, or corruption, or anything else though.

Whatever it is, it will be very hard to replicate. It's like when they made the new Star Trek movies. For the most part they got actors that looked and/or sounded like the originals, and had a ship that looked kind of like the original, and bad stories based on the original stuff. But at the end, it was really just very, very expensive fan fiction. The fact that they had special effect budgets thousands of times better than the original series, and actors that were generally better than the original actors maybe made for a better experience for some than the original show. But I think it failed and truly capturing what made the original Star Trek so fun.

On the other hand, you have some low budget fan-fiction productions of Star Trek stuff that stays pretty true to the original. So there is hope. I don't think Axeman99 wants to focus too much on trying to redo the game or add in tons of new dialogue. I get the impression that, like me and others, they want to see some scenes expanded and actual sex added to the game. But I honestly wouldn't mind if more story were added to the game, or if the characters were given personalities above and beyond "bitchy sister" or "exasperated mother". There really isn't anything to them beyond that. Anything people think they see is likely to be them mentally filling in all of the gaps Rainces left in their personalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai Andersen

Pagdor

Sep 11, 2017
Is it worth start from the beginning?
Yes. In a nut shell to be able to continue the game Axeman99 has to develop a new game.
He can't just add to the code of the existing one by Rainces. Partly because of the time it would take to learn where everything is, but also mostly because as i understand it the coding is a complete mess.
So if you have to start with a new code and develop a new UI anyway, why not do it properly with a clean code.
Added to this there is a lot of storylines that Rainces started and then did nothing with such as the shoplifter plot lines for example. So there is a lot of very good places for Axeman99 to add new content which he rebuilds the bits we already have in Rainces's version.

Reactions: MikeD13

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
My game is giving an error with it open when I click on the question mark icon above on the screen opens this error below.

File "<screen language>", line 1729, in <module>
NameError: name 'Jennydealready' is not defined

If it's an original file, I don't know why you're giving this error?
I don't know what to do to fix this I looked at the other names in the script the symbols and spaces are the same as this.
Poorly done project giving error in original file.
This one was abandoned now, another one making another version in Mod system, ours that I roll to develop a game.

3.10 star(s) 98 Votes