Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Major Wanker you did not talk to any of these news brother. What is your take?
2 of the people that are ment to be helping him have stated they have recieved the game for testing purposes. However that was 4 days ago. Until i hear from them again i will not trust anything rainces says. Also raince has taken to deleting comments on his patreon and thats never a good sign
As for this so called special patron that hes sent a beta too i have no idea who he is. He is not one of the helpers that have spoke out on patreon posts.
My only thought on this is the helpers are so annoyed with rainces or the update that they have ceased testing it but thats pure speculation

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
The saddest part?
Imagining the version does get released, and it's good (it probably won't be great, but it might actually be good), and we play and love it

Clearly this charade is going to happen again

If we are indeed at the end of this one cycle of delays & lies, the way he's handling its final hours really suggests that he hasn't changed (that it happened this one time for reasons, and it'll be different now), but that, au contraire, he's getting less and less and less interested in continuing w/ BBS at a reasonable and acceptable pace and commitment...
Let's say I play and I love the newest build... what next? I'll have to wait 9 months until the following one? 12? 15?

It's so depressing...

At some point, he might just roll w/ what we think is happening and stop working on BBS for real (even if that is not yet happening - and I hope it ain't - it's clearly close to happen) - but he'll do it w/out closing his Patreon, or admitting that he's done w/ the game... clearly he doesn't seem to think he owes anyone a thing... and he's already caloused, he could at any moment start to actually not deliver (his incomings won't change, we've seen it... he has seen it) and we would never know

It sucks

3 days ago a guy on Patreon said something like "you could've been more communicative, didn't hurt you to inform us of something, did it?"
To which RAinces replied "yes, sorry about that"
3 days ago... is he really?
He said in about 2 days... where is it? What's happening, man?
Level w/ us

But he just... don't

Fuck... I can't see how we're not gonna go through at least the exact same shit or worse after this release, IF it is really happening

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Corambis and OGRey

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
The saddest part?
Imagining the version does get released, and it's good (it probably won't be great, but it might actually be good), and we play and love it
If we are indeed at the end of this one cycle of delays & lies, the way he's handling its final hours really suggests that he hasn't changed (that it happened this one time for reasons, and it'll be different now), but that, au contraire, he's getting less and less and less interested in continuing w/ BBS at a reasonable and acceptable pace and commitment...
Let's say I play and I love the newest build... what next? I'll have to wait 9 months until the following one? 12 months? 15?
At some point, he might just roll w/ what we think is happening and stop working on BBS for real (even if that is not yet happening - and I hope it ain't - it's clearly close) - but he'll do it w/out closing his Patreon, or admitting that he's done w/ the game... clearly he doesn't seem to think he owes anyone a thing
True however it could go a differant way. If those helpers are still onboard and are actively helping him he will be forced by them to actually deliver something. The coder and graphics guy stated they have agreed a 2 months date between updates with rainces. So it all depends if they remain or not i guess. There input on this update has been limited as they were not part of the team until towards the end.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SummmerP and OGRey

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
The saddest part?
Let's say I play and I love the newest build... what next? I'll have to wait 9 months until the following one? 12 months? 15?
At some point, he might just roll w/ what we think is happening and stop working on BBS for real (even if that is not yet happening - and I hope it ain't - it's clearly close) - but he'll do it w/out closing his Patreon, or admitting that he's done w/ the game... clearly he doesn't seem to think he owes anyone a thing
If problem is coding, he can publish his work with comic style (like icstor back in the day), i'm not gonna lie, i'm not playing this game for it's "game" feature. I just wanna see how this story goes. rainces if you are too lazy or incapable to fix this issue in a short time, switch to comic. You can do this until you repair your code. (y)

Reactions: Kai Andersen

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Don't get me wrong, Major
I hope it does go on a different way, I do

It just... doesn't seem like that's what'll happen, you know?
If anything, it feels like it'll be worse next time
And it's not like this one version is going to satisfy us for a year or so
That's really sad, I fucking love this one chico... Bobby I mean

Last edited:

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Don't get me wrong, Rey
I hope it does go on a different way, I do

It just... doesn't seem like that's what'll happen, you know?
If anything, it feels like it'll be worse next time
And it's not like this one version is going to satisfy us for a year or so
That's really sad, I fucking love this one chico... Bobby I mean
I feel the same, this update probably won't be out till after the next billing on patreon then the radio silence shall begin. im already accepting this update as the final so im praying for something good with lucy and liza.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Just to right what I said wrong...
That thing that I mentioned above, about a Patreon telling RAinces to talk more and he replying saying he's sorry, it only happened a day ago (almost two)

But damn it fells like an eternity...
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: OGRey and allintine

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I feel the same, this update probably won't be out till after the next billing on patreon then the radio silence shall begin. im already accepting this update as the final so im praying for something good with lucy and liza.
Dont abandon your hope, Axeman99 is doing a remake, so maybe it will be properly executed and maybe better that the original?

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Dont abandon your hope, Axeman99 is doing a remake, so maybe it will be properly executed and maybe better that the original?
I know i'm looking forward to Axe's take on bobby but as much as i have bashed on RA the last couple weeks, it will feel different knowing its not from the guy who created the game in the first place. shout out to Axe though i'm sure he will do great with his version and can't wait to check it out.

3.10 star(s) 98 Votes