Jaim Sandar

Apr 3, 2023
I hope that someone can help me understand how to use a walkthrough for Bad Manners.

I found what appears to be a complete and up to date walkthrough for Part 1 v1.06, but it is confusing.
First, I don't understand why it is not arranged so that the events are in the order in which they must be executed, instead requiring us to jump back and forth through the text to accomplish the same events. It is too easy to lose one's place, and increases the possibility of missing something without realizing the mistake, which might be very difficult if not impossible to find and correct later.
Also, if I must be required to do it this way, I need clarification regarding the branch pointers.
Quoted from the walkthrough instructions from "Bad_Manners_Walkthrough_Ep_1-7Beta.txt" :
Code:
Example: in the branch" Dorothy " of the second Chapter, in the beginning is (K1). Go to the branch "College" and look for the number (1). After this event, and will branch Dorothy.
I don't understand "After this event, and will branch Dorothy". Maybe if I understood that statement, it would be more clear. Does that maybe mean to go back to branch "Dorothy"?
So, using a couple of examples, also from "Bad_Manners_Walkthrough_Ep_1-7Beta.txt":
Code:
Read the poems to the peasants. At night we receive news about the arrest of the Director (2).
Talking with peasants in the class about the scholarship. On the river (or in class) meet the shy peasant, which tells us about the situation with Genie. We go to the Genie, we will have to listen to his erotic fantasies three times (at the same time we learn that there is a library in the castle). For the fourth time we pass a simple test. Shopping becomes available in the store (3), there is the book for the quest "to Teach Dorothy to perform the filthy job."
In this example, are the markers (2) and (3) indicating the text prior to the marker, or after?

In other words, does arriving at (2) mean that I will do the paragraph following it ("Talking to the peasants..." and so on), or do I read the poems to the peasants, then wait for the news, then go back to the pointer that sent me here?
Or, do I read the poems etc. then after hearing about the Director's arrest do I continue with "Talking to the peasants..." and all in the paragraphs that follow?
(sorry if that pair of questions are difficult to understand, but I did the best I could LOL)

Is (3) simply to advise the player, after being directed to this pointer, that the book is available for purchase, then instruct the player to go to the store and purchase the book?
Code:
* Dorothy rushes to the office (1) . Talk with her.
* Call her to your office dressed in the new dress (2).
(E1).
* Go to the river, talk with Dorothy.
Using this example, it seems that both the (1) and the (2) markers are pointing to the action(s) in the same line as each:
Pointer to (1) in this example (D1 in "Elsa" branch?) advises that "Dorothy rushes to the office", and instructs the player to "Talk with her".
Then perform "Call her to your office dressed in the new dress", and then, seeing (E1), return to "Elsa" at pointer (1) to continue.

Am I right in this interpretation?
It took me hours of reviewing the text quoted above and then composing, editing, re-editing, etc. my notes above trying to make sense of this, so I hope I am at least close to understanding it.
Many thanks in advance to whoever can help me understand.

Geegee112

May 25, 2021
Am I right in this interpretation?
It took me hours of reviewing the text quoted above and then composing, editing, re-editing, etc. my notes above trying to make sense of this, so I hope I am at least close to understanding it.
Many thanks in advance to whoever can help me understand.
The markers are absolutely meaningless essentially.

I understand the confusion, as I have also used the walkthrough completely. Honestly, you are overthinking it. If it says to go somewhere or do something, just roughly follow what its saying. There will be times in the walkthrough will you will be stumped and forced to click around different areas to find the solution, but not too soul crushing.

Great game and got plenty of busted nuts out of me, but its a tad atrocious for the amount of sex we get. Still love it.

Jaim Sandar

Apr 3, 2023
The markers are absolutely meaningless essentially.

I understand the confusion, as I have also used the walkthrough completely. Honestly, you are overthinking it. If it says to go somewhere or do something, just roughly follow what its saying. There will be times in the walkthrough will you will be stumped and forced to click around different areas to find the solution, but not too soul crushing.

Great game and got plenty of busted nuts out of me, but its a tad atrocious for the amount of sex we get. Still love it.
Yeah, so far it is a funny and interesting farce. I hope to be able to complete it eventually.
My main problem so far is Chapter 5. After several restarts, it has been a struggle but I keep going until Ch 5. I reach a point after a few events in that chapter where I simply can not continue, even after reviewing over and over all of the instructions in the four branches (Peasant Girls, Rapunzel, Dorathy, and Elsa) as well as repeatedly visiting all of the locations.
I was using an older version of the walkthrough "from FanatTrusikovDoroti, updated by pavlin and Skaz" for those attempts, but I found a newer one yesterday (Bad_Manners_Walkthrough_Ep_1-7Beta.txt) and I have just this morning reached Chapter 5 again. We'll see how it goes this time. If I reach the same bottleneck again, I may have to give up on this game.
Thank you Geegee112 for your comments.

UPDATE:
In my latest attempt with the new walkthrough, I was able to find events to start that I either previously was unable to unlock, or I simply missed something that I stumbled across this time.
Onward!

Last edited:

Geegee112

May 25, 2021
UPDATE:
In my latest attempt with the new walkthrough, I was able to find events to start that I either previously was unable to unlock, or I simply missed something that I stumbled across this time.
Onward!
Glad to hear it. Yeah sometimes I find myself just clicking through at times, and the next step/directions are given in the dialogue I glazed over. So sometimes it helps to pay attention to what they are saying, but even then I remember a few "quests" where even the dialogue failed to point you in a direction.

One thing the Developer could really use is a in-game walkthrough/diary of sorts, telling you very specifically what to do, to be used if the player gets stuck. I do enjoy the story and character development in this game, nothing to write home about but it gets a smirk from me plus it adds background to the erotica. That being said there is a bit of fat that could be shaved from this game in terms of its gameplay. Heck I could see this game being molded into more of a pure VN and being better off for it.

3.10 star(s) 34 Votes