• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Links in OP are updated. Mod updated to newest SanchoMod v5f python core. This is not a critical update but rather a convenience update to a more powerful core for future expansion and some new features sprinkled in as always. Included updates/upgrades:
  • QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen)
  • SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  • SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications and the VN's custom notifications). I'll adapt this in the future to display for example suggested save points, route split notifications, etc.
  • More efficient gallery code to remove previous lag. Please note that the SanchoGallery is now accessed via the SanchoMod screen in the Main Menu. This consolidates the mod into a one button, cleaner look. Teaser pics in the OP have been updated to reflect this change.
  • Probably other stuff I've forgotten about, but all of it for the betterment of the player's experience.
I've also added a Workupload link for those who have issues with Mega

Regards and enjoy.

Reactions: H2R
Jan 24, 2021
This mod is amazing - kudos Sir!

One tiny observation: When in e replay, the textbox outline will always show it seems - even if you set it to 'no'. It is easily fixed by pressing back to yes and then to no again so no big deal, just wanted to inform :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

One tiny observation: When in e replay, the textbox outline will always show it seems - even if you set it to 'no'. It is easily fixed by pressing back to yes and then to no again so no big deal, just wanted to inform :)
Good morning. Yes, there's some fine details I still need to polish (actually I've done most of them already in the current non-public build but still have a few on my list). I will be changing the GUI to incorporate my dialogue box and the OEM alternatively based on the SanchoOptions "Restore Defaults / Sancho's Preferred". This issue is getting this to carry over to the scene gallery since I currently hijack that OEM code (I don't physically change it but modify it post-hijack) which limits my options with non-persistent variables. I'll sort it all out in time but I'll admit I'm a bit gunshy as I'm almost certain the dev will revise the VN's GUI after I modded it so heavily and he's staring at his black & white blinding mess... surely there's creative motivation within that, we'll see. Regards and enjoy.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Holy shit, did your "tiny observation" got me so far down the rabbit hole I had to excavator my ass out of it. :ROFLMAO:

I've now got it sorted but have discovered some limitations of RenPy that I wasn't aware of previously (or possibly anyone else for that matter). I've even emailed PyTom (the developer of RenPy) of the issues I discovered while sorting this "tiny" thing out. I've been at it for over 6hrs straight and going to take a break, get something to eat, then I'll compile you a revised SanchoMod.... with a boatload of rewritten code (all the custom dialogue features have been revised... every single one including the damn MC's "thinking" dialogue to be more aesthetic to the VN's OEM and function as expected regardless of what you tweak). Details below inside the spoiler for the curious on the particulars. Regards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Temp note: I'll edit this post in a bit, time to eat a ribeye and grab another adult beverage..

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I partly apologize but even more I cheer you on! :D I recently started learning code etc so I get the whole "down-the-rabbit-hole" thing :)
Here, try this via . It will retain the OEM dialog box once set to either on/off in replays. I've tried all combinations of OEM on/off & SanchoOptions that I can think of in-game and it seems to be functioning as intended. The code isn't nearly as efficient as I'd prefer but replays will NOT allow styles to be called directly nor indirectly (I even tried forcing it via raw Python to bypass the RenPy exceptions but it just created lags and freezes... as expected).

One thing to note if loading a save from the previous SanchoMod, I've found a few that had my dialogue box that resulted in the dialogue text not being reset correctly with the new code but this is easily resolved and should only need to be done once (after the loaded save is corrected then later saved again it's fine):
BM SM B13a.jpg

To fix simply go to SanchoOptions, select "restore defaults", then "Sancho's preferred", then tweak as desired:
BM SM B13b.jpg BM SM B13b2.jpg BM SM B13c.jpg

ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
Hello.

First: Thank you for making your Mod(s) publicly available.

Unfortunately I have run into an Issue with BM 0.7.1 and Mod Version 0.7.1:
There is no way forward. BM and the Mod were never "installed" before. Also simply deleting both "persistent" Savestates did not help. I had to delete everything and start BM 0.7.1 Vanilla to be able to advance the Day.

Also I restarted fresh after deleting all Modded Savefiles: No use.

It is the first time I run into an Issue with any of your Mods.

Thank you and have a nice Day / Evening / Night :)

ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
Oh and another thing:

After reapplying the latest Mod Version, I tried loading a Vanilla Savefile before and during

I have attached the 2 Savefiles made with Vanilla BM and the Traceback.txt - no Idea if this helps or is even related in anyway to the Bug mentioned above. Python is not an LI of mine :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello.

First: Thank you for making your Mod(s) publicly available.

Unfortunately I have run into an Issue with BM 0.7.1 and Mod Version 0.7.1:
There is no way forward. BM and the Mod were never "installed" before. Also simply deleting both "persistent" Savestates did not help. I had to delete everything and start BM 0.7.1 Vanilla to be able to advance the Day.

Also I restarted fresh after deleting all Modded Savefiles: No use.

It is the first time I run into an Issue with any of your Mods.

Thank you and have a nice Day / Evening / Night :)
Odd indeed. I haven't check your saves yet, but I just did a speedrun while waiting for coffee to brew and I got to the date scene no prob:
1653657481481.png
What's even more odd is you say it triggers without the mod, but the mod has nothing to do with the scene's trigger. It's triggered only after driving Katherine home, going thru that scene, and while driving back home if Hanna's rep is (3) then the date scene is triggered. via the dev's OEM code:
Python:
if hlo == 3:
    n "Stopping on a red traffic light, you notice that you got a message on your phone..."
    jump d10hdate
If the player does NOT have Hanna(3) then the "drive home" scene jumps to the scene at home when Ward (the policeman) is there.

I'll see if I can find anything odd in your save files.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh and another thing:

After reapplying the latest Mod Version, I tried loading a Vanilla Savefile before and during

I have attached the 2 Savefiles made with Vanilla BM and the Traceback.txt - no Idea if this helps or is even related in anyway to the Bug mentioned above. Python is not an LI of mine :)
I found the bug via your first save file. Congrats, you found a developer bug (this has nothing to do with the mod). The ONLY way to get Hanna's "date" in v0.7.1 due to the bug is during this choice, you MUST choose "Touch between her legs".
1653658992860.png
When this happens and you drive Katherine home you get to go inside her house. In your save you don't, you drop her off, she goes inside without you going in, and you leave for home then the endless loop starts. It's a developer code error.

If you select the above, after you go inside Katherine's house and that scene plays out the script is in THAT house scene to trigger Hanna's date. The developer fucked up.

ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
Odd indeed. I haven't check your saves yet, but I just did a speedrun while waiting for coffee to brew and I got to the date scene no prob:
What's even more odd is you say it triggers without the mod, but the mod has nothing to do with the scene's trigger. It's triggered only after driving Katherine home, going thru that scene, and while driving back home if Hanna's rep is (3) then the date scene is triggered. via the dev's OEM code:
Python:
if hlo == 3:
    n "Stopping on a red traffic light, you notice that you got a message on your phone..."
    jump d10hdate
If the player does NOT have Hanna(3) then the "drive home" scene jumps to the scene at home when Ward (the policeman) is there.

I'll see if I can find anything odd in your save files.
Hello.

I made the exact same Decisions when using your Mod and in Vanilla. So yes, I got the Message in Vanilla but not with the Mod. The Bug was definitely repeatable. I always check Archive Integrity with 7Zip before unpacking. All DLs were fine. When I have time later(TM), I can try reinstalling BM and your Mod and see if it is 100percent repeatable or only some times.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh wow. Being "Mister Nice Guy" with Katherine is bad in this Case LOL

Well I will forward-quote this in the BM Thread and see what the Dev says. Thank you for your time! Much appreciated!
EDIT: And again you posted faster than me :)
No need, I replied to his post, he will be notified of my post automatically.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ILoveSucuk hotfix attached. Drop the one file in the zip inside the "game" folder, overwrite as requested. Test with the save you sent and that seems to do the trick.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ILoveSucuk

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, Bad Memories has been updated to 0.7.5 :)
Yepper. I've already ported the core mod to the very latest of my code. I'm currently waiting on the compressed. I don't know if I'll be able to finish the full port tonight though as it's getting late here quickly (this VN update released later in the day than usual). I'll keep you folks posted like I always do. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK folks, I have the new base VN ported over. I now have to insure integrity of the GUI, populate the dynamic ChoiceGuide, and code my normal update tweaks. It's very late here so now that it's ported stable it's a good point for me to get some rest and I'll wake up early and continue the full port. Thank you for your patience but I had no idea this VN would be updated so late in the day.... there's only so many hours and I've put in 16 today. That's enough, time to rest. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes