JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Just started playing this and...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the "a bit older woman" Rachel used to be with is Maggy.
Rachel definitely talked on the phone with her when MC eavesdropped.

My assumption - Rachel got to know about MC return to hometown through Maggy and it slipped to Ellie (hence her presence near the fire - she simply wished to see MC).
I don't think Rachel caused the fire but Maggy could told her about it and Rachel decided to act till MC got another apartment (hence her sudden appearance - she knew about MC situation).

johnnypunani

Aug 31, 2021
My save from a previous version is busted. Would anyone be so kind as to upload one of theirs? As much as I liked the game, I don't really want to go through all of that again.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
My save from a previous version is busted. Would anyone be so kind as to upload one of theirs? As much as I liked the game, I don't really want to go through all of that again.
In those cases, the Ctrl button is your best friend. You alraedy seen the dialogue, it should remember it and let you skip right through it.

Reactions: sava75

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Just a question of pure curiosity:

Ren'Py offers a tremendous amount of save slots, why do so many of you use only one????

I have saves from multiple places for each release. And then I sometimes have saves for alternate paths. So I find it confusing to put all those eggs in one basket with a single save. And I hope someone can explain it, particularly in light of the Dozens of threads I have been in where some save breaking happens but if you go back a bit you might be OK. (Nefastus has that happen a lot for some reason)

If your sole reason is pure laziness maybe just skip this as I want to know a better one than that please.

Reactions: Rutonat

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020

Ren'Py offers a tremendous amount of save slots, why do so many of you use only one????

I have saves from multiple places for each release. And then I sometimes have saves for alternate paths. So I find it confusing to put all those eggs in one basket with a single save. And I hope someone can explain it, particularly in light of the Dozens of threads I have been in where some save breaking happens but if you go back a bit you might be OK. (Nefastus has that happen a lot for some reason)

If your sole reason is pure laziness maybe just skip this as I want to know a better one than that please.
Same. If the game lets me, I basically drop a save at every choice, in case I want to go back later and try a different outcome. Especially on VNs like this...

johnnypunani

Aug 31, 2021

If you're saying that in response to my message, I have like pages and pages of saves. None of them worked with the newest version.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jaw1986baby

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Because I get too caught up in the story to remember
I usually make a new save when I've played through a new release. I don't usually follow more than one path, and never chase every scene.

Reactions: $@~

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You can always activate "skip unseen" in preferences, and then just skip through to the point where you last played.
What I don't really understand though, is why the old saves don't work, unless your saves are really old, they should work.

Angstlord

Apr 9, 2019
Hi how r u all?
Maybe u all know it but ive to ask...
In the menu says rachel's history but i can't enter.
Is it available, or not yet?

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I just save whenever anything interesting happens which I might want to see later, which tends to be every few scenes or so. I end up having 20+ pages of saves, depending on the length of the game. Just looking at my save screenshots helps me remember, more or less, what happened last few updates to most games.

Plus, if I screw up something, usually I can go back a few pages and try another option. Plus, like a few have said, even the longest game here, can be zipped through in 10 or 15 minutes using control and vaguelly remembering your last choices.

But, I have very low patience for sandbox games where the saves don't work. Occasionally, one will be interesting enough to play for one playthrough, but if the dev messes up the saves, I am done. There is no way in hell I am going back to replay Summertime Saga, Cure my Addiction, or something like House Party if my saves no longer work.

It's just not worth it. It was painful enough the first time.

mullovergem

May 17, 2018
Plus, like a few have said, even the longest game here, can be zipped through in 10 or 15 minutes using control and vaguelly remembering your last choice.
I agree, but now that it occurs to me, I wish more devs would take a page out of Palmer (rip)/Love-Joint's book and cut longer games into several chapters so that this happens less often and it's easier to keep track of/experiment with different routes.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I agree, but now that it occurs to me, I wish more devs would take a page out of Palmer (rip)/Love-Joint's book and cut longer games into several chapters so that this happens less often and it's easier to keep track of/experiment with different routes.
Or add a chapter skip with quick "what did you chose here" to catch back up without replaying everything. Very, very few games do, but I've seen it works. Though, it doesn't works much if the games have a huge load of choices but I feel like juggling with that many variables would be a nightmare for devs...

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
There are some who do it, mostly to make the up- and download not too heavy. For this here its not needed in the slightest, BM is not that long or big in file size and to be honest what palmer did was not the best thing because if you hadn't a save from a version before, which can have several reasons, you had to go through the hole game either way. :sneaky:

Reactions: cbsx and Meushi

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Imagine a dev forgetting to add a variable in an early episode, and only finding out several episodes later when it's needed. I doubt it's better having to download and play through every single episode again.
You need to remember that most of the games here are pretty much unfinished, so stuff like that can happen pretty easily.

Last edited:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Imagine a dev forgetting to add a variable in an early episode, and only finding out several episodes later when it's needed. I doubt it's better having to download and play through every single episode again.
You need to remember that most of the games here a pretty much unfinished, so stuff likes pretty often.
Not to mention, if you end up adding or modifying something in the early parts, say for example adding a scene you had scrapped at first, and your game has a lot of variables to deal with... chances are you're gonna break everything that takes place afterwards because you modified something you shouldn't have.
And then... hours of checking, testing, modifying, testing again, getting depressed because it breaks again, checking again, modifying again,...

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 198 Votes