Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
There are 4 mains, all (kind of) part of the family, and that's more than in enough, but that doesn't mean the side girls don't matter, or that they won't get much content.
I just played your game and would say that I'd personally prefer the main (harem) story to be progressing much faster. I'm OK with Hanna but don't that much care about her and even less care about the rest of the side girls.
So, for me the main girls are just enough for now. But that's just me...

Nevermindoff

Jan 22, 2019
Maggy is kind of special in that regard, the story would work without her, but she does play a role in it.
All of the side girls are there for a reason, all of them are unique, and all of them are there because I want them in the game ;)
Are you sure they're that instrumental to the story? I only ask because it seems like very few people are interested in the "side quest girls". I personally only interested in mama (wouldn't want to drug her though), but i digress. Maybe you should ran a poll to know the exact numbers? Unless of course their presence really mandatory...

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
I like the side girls too, but at the end of the day, this is a VN. That means it is still a story first and a game second. rec obviously has a story they want to tell.

Running polls about what direction a game should go is always a bad idea in my experience. It means the dev either doesn't really know what story they want to say or they're willing to cave to outside pressure to please the audience. Both of which tend to lead to aimlessness and eventually abandonment.

I'm much happier having a few main characters focused on and the story reach it's intended end than to have all the women in the world but the game crawls along as the dev wastes their time and resources trying to make everyone happy. Not every game or story will appeal to everyone. Nor should it.

So I hope that rec sticks to whatever plan they have. No polls needed here unless it's for what kind of bonus images we all might wanna see while rec works on the actual content.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Are you sure they're that instrumental to the story? I only ask because it seems like very few people are interested in the "side quest girls". I personally only interested in mama (wouldn't want to drug her though), but i digress. Maybe you should ran a poll to know the exact numbers? Unless of course their presence really mandatory...
I think you understand my post wrong, because it sounds like you're talking about the opposite of what I said.
That aside, as I said, the side girls are there because I want them to be there ;)

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
the game crawls along as the dev wastes their time and resources trying to make everyone happy.
No, it crawls along because we are waiting for the Dev. He's making the game the way he wants so I doubt he's "wasting" time and "resources" He'd be wasting time if he wasn't working on the game at all.

Reactions: ThaBoooB

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
No, it crawls along because we are waiting for the Dev. He's making the game the way he wants so I doubt he's "wasting" time and "resources" He'd be wasting time if he wasn't working on the game at all.
That was in reference to the devs who ask the audience for instructions on how to make their VN. Those are the ones that end up crawling to a halt. Not in relation to rec and Bad Memories. I know exactly why this update is taking a while. And have no problem with it.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
the side girls are there because I want them to be there ;)
I want to apologize to you for my rudeness. No warrant for it and I know I've been a dick lately.

Guess I got pissy because I liked Hanna but forgot that she's only a side girl. Not the one that gives a bit of extra story content (Real Estate Agent) but again, it is "your" game, and I can't expect it to be the way "I" would have wanted it to be.

Just like if I made a game and you liked a character that was just a side one and there's another that isn't to your liking (or very much so) but you guess you might as well give her route a go because it gives you a bit of extra story for it. Knowing that you wished the roles were reversed, but you get that it's "my" game and you can't really change how it's going to play out.

Hanna is a side girl I will cherish, even if her role is only but minor. Again, sorry for my behavior. If no forgiven is given, it's totally understandable. My mood swings swing baby.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
I want to apologize to you for my rudeness. No warrant for it and I know I've been a dick lately.

Guess I got pissy because I liked Hanna but forgot that she's only a side girl. Not the one that gives a bit of extra story content (Real Estate Agent) but again, it is "your" game, and I can't expect it to be the way "I" would have wanted it to be.

Just like if I made a game and you liked a character that was just a side one and there's another that isn't to your liking (or very much so) but you guess you might as well give her route a go because it gives you a bit of extra story for it. Knowing that you wished the roles were reversed, but you get that it's "my" game and you can't really change how it's going to play out.

Hanna is a side girl I will cherish, even if her role is only but minor. Again, sorry for my behavior. If no forgiven is given, it's totally understandable. My mood swings swing baby.
Isn't it kinda crazy that a game which is harem based, does a better job creating characters you would pick out as your main LI than those games which offer a single path regarding different LI's ?

I might die before a new update will be available, but hey it was worth it !

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
I think I'll need to refresh my memory on what the story was about if they pick it up, the last thing I remember was that we were doing naughty things in the kitchen.

4.40 star(s) 198 Votes