Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
Consul, does anyone else get stuck in this part and can't advance?
Did you click on the eyeball? did you scroll backwards and tried again? can you do anything or is it frozen? (you can't click on anything, nothing works etc)

Start up a new game/save, skip through the beginning stuff quickly (if you don't mind doing that) to get back to where you are at, in your original save, and try again from there. Just to see if it ends up working with a clean start or not.

I haven't played the game so, not sure what happened before or during this scene. Hopefully someone sees your post (or my reply to it) and can help you out further.

Reactions: darkmian

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Too bad she doesn't matter to the Dev.
I never said she doesn't matter, all I said is that she's not one of the main girls. There are 4 mains, all (kind of) part of the family, and that's more than in enough, but that doesn't mean the side girls don't matter, or that they won't get much content. The side girls are simply side girls, because the main story won't change with or without them.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
I never said she doesn't matter, all I said is that she's not one of the main girls. There are 4 mains, all (kind of) part of the family, and that's more than in enough, but that doesn't mean the side girls don't matter, or that they won't get much content. The side girls are simply side girls, because the main story won't change with or without them.
All this talk about Hannah when all we really want is a lewd scene with her.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
All this talk about Hannah when all we really want is a lewd scene with her.
Hanna and lol, people keep speaking for everyone with these "we" and "us"

I definitely would want more with her, not just a "lewd" scene. But "we" are all different, after all.

I never said she doesn't matter, all I said is that she's not one of the main girls.

but that doesn't mean the side girls don't matter, or that they won't get much content. The side girls are simply side girls, because the main story won't change with or without them.
But you said

Well, tbf, the only side character that potentially adds something to the story is the real estate agent, none of the other side girls add anything to the story (not even barista girl Hanna :p)
To me, that sounds like she doesn't matter, especially if she doesn't add anything to the story. Only the lame (to me) Real Estate Agent. The only one that I could care less about and the one that really doesn't fit with the rest (again, to me)

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but if most people aren't going after her/following her path, would you consider it a waste of time? a waste of a LI/side-girl/whatever she is? eh, it's whatever, I guess. Your game, your story, your rules.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hanna and lol, people keep speaking for everyone with these "we" and "us"

I definitely would want more with her, not just a "lewd" scene. But "we" are all different, after all.

But you said

To me, that sounds like she doesn't matter, especially if she doesn't add anything to the story. Only the lame (to me) Real Estate Agent. The only one that I could care less about and the one that really doesn't fit with the rest (again, to me)

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but if most people aren't going after her/following her path, would you consider it a waste of time? a waste of a LI/side-girl/whatever she is? eh, it's whatever, I guess. Your game, your story, your rules.
Maggy is kind of special in that regard, the story would work without her, but she does play a role in it.
All of the side girls are there for a reason, all of them are unique, and all of them are there because I want them in the game ;)

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
still 8 months to go before tag.
Yup... bummer they wait that long
before applying abandoned tag....
Should be 12 months... I was shot down
with a vengeance when I suggested that awhile back...lol

But we are in the minority in wanting frequent updates.

Lots of folks pay for slow updates.
Sorry. Griping too much... It's just a shame cuz this used to be
such a good game.

Anywho.... Cheers All
and Have a Better Day

Last edited:

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
with a vengance when I suggested that awhile back...lol

Lots of folks pay for slow updates. I mean, look at this
game...getting paid ~ 1500 per month or more for not updating.

such a good game.

Anywho.... Cheers All
and Have a Better Day
I feel like some people give the abandoned tag too much power, like they cant rest until the tag is applied to every game that hasnt updated in the last year, or half year, or whatever. The game is still the same with or without the tag, and its clearly still being worked on, so whats the problem?

ThaBoooB

Jun 24, 2023
with a vengance when I suggested that awhile back...lol

Lots of folks pay for slow updates. I mean, look at this
game...getting paid ~ 1500 per month or more for not updating.

such a good game.

Anywho.... Cheers All
and Have a Better Day
You also have to take into account that development, and creative processes takes time (this especially should not be rushed). And it's all relative to the work process of the developer.
And a lot of these developers don't earn enough money from this to be able to do it full-time. So they have to balance another job at the same time. They also have a life outside this and work (family/friends/etc.). Which leaves little time over for development.
And some earn so much that they can afford to hire a team so they can pump out updates on a regular basis. And some makes just enough that they are able to do it alone.

So the time for the tag makes sense. And that is also mostly if the developer's gone radio silent. Which Recreation hasn't. They are active here, and updates there supporters on Patreon and SS.

There is also a lot of self entitlement in this. The dev owns you nothing. They don't do these games for you and never will. Even if you do pay to support them. I might agree that you have a little (and I mean little) more say then. But you're paying to support the developer and there vision, showing that you like the game and want to see it finished. But you're not paying for a finished product. It's still the developer's game and work process. If you don't like the game, or think that development it's too slow. You don't have to be here. There is plenty of fish in the vast ocean of AVN's.

Hope that didn't come of as mean. Just wanted to try and shove some objectivity into these discussions. :)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I feel like some people give the abandoned tag too much power, like they cant rest until the tag is applied to every game that hasnt updated in the last year, or half year, or whatever. The game is still the same with or without the tag, and its clearly still being worked on, so whats the problem?
Because it's a way to bully devs who are working too slowly for their tastes.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
There is also a lot of self entitlement in this. The dev owns you nothing. They don't do these games for you and never will. Even if you do pay to support them. I might agree that you have a little (and I mean little) more say then. But you're paying to support the developer and there vision, showing that you like the game and want to see it finished. But you're not paying for a finished product. It's still the developer's game and work process. If you don't like the game, or think that development it's too slow. You don't have to be here. There is plenty of fish in the vast ocean of AVN's.
Yes, lot of people don't understand that, with Patreon and the like, you aren't buying a product.
You give money to an artist/developer to show your appreciation and support them, helping them on their project.
But there is no result obligation.
If you don't like that (and you have all the right to feel like that), just don't be a Patreon.

ThaBoooB

Jun 24, 2023
Yes, lot of people don't understand that, with Patreon and the like, you aren't buying a product.
You give money to an artist/developer to show your appreciation and support them, helping them on their project.
But there is no result obligation.
If you don't like that (and you have all the right to feel like that), just don't be a Patreon.
Yeah, I also feel so sry from them when ppl just come to be negative. I don't know If I would be able to handle it.
Now I'm a creative my self. I play music and I like to paint.
Just imagining my self working on a painting, while having tones of ppl standing behind me, yelling stuff like, "You're taking to slow, work harder!" or "You did not draw that line like I wanted it, do it again!", etc.
Makes me want to kill my self. And also takes away all the fun of being creative.

If you like their product and what they do. Show them love and appreciation instead. You will get a better product in the end for it.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Always the same discussions man... people don't understand thad devs have a life... they think they're some fat guys in a gooncave all day or something. and this habit of wanting updates so quickly is stupid. especially in devs that don't make a fortune on Patreon... I prefer that the dev takes as long as it has to and releases something inspired instead of something rushed and boring.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I feel like some people give the abandoned tag too much power,

I completely and totally agree with you and wouldn't think there should be an abandoned tag at all except for when the Developers are asking for monthly cash from folks. I mean there needs to be some accountability somewhere rather than just a trust me bro setup....keep giving me monthly money and I might put out a new chapter every couple years.
I'm playing an f95 game now and it's insane how many times the Dev has asked for money throughout the game...between chapters...and so forth.

The abandoned tag is one of the only ways F95 offers to sort of keep tabs on Devs for people that might want to support them. There should be other ways, like dates on the updates, but they haven't implemented that here. They promised to do that on their update, but that was over 5 years ago.

I just recently went through that w a game...sort of... was almost 18 months... dev came back and said --Oh sorry, I had to step away from the game for a couple years but I'm back now..I promise.... Then disappeared again..

I mean, come on...some of these Developers are making close to a hundred thousand dollars a year.... for their 1 update.

Been reading the responses and enjoying them.
Course, the thread will probably be deleted....but anyway...
Cheers All

In the end....folks can take it however they want. I'm more inclined to have F95 provide help and tools to benefit the good folks who are trying to support these games rather than the way it is now which is totally against the supporters.

Reactions: qwerty76423578

darkmian

Feb 21, 2022
Did you click on the eyeball? did you scroll backwards and tried again? can you do anything or is it frozen? (you can't click on anything, nothing works etc)

Start up a new game/save, skip through the beginning stuff quickly (if you don't mind doing that) to get back to where you are at, in your original save, and try again from there. Just to see if it ends up working with a clean start or not.

I haven't played the game so, not sure what happened before or during this scene. Hopefully someone sees your post (or my reply to it) and can help you out further.
Try everything, I'm going to have to start from scratch

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
I completely and totally agree with you and wouldn't think there should be an abandoned tag at all except for when the Developers are asking for monthly cash from folks. I mean there needs to be some accountability somewhere rather than just a trust me bro setup....keep giving me monthly money and I might put out a new chapter every couple years.
I'm playing an f95 game now and it's insane how many times the Dev has asked for money throughout the game...between chapters...and so forth.

The abandoned tag is one of the only ways F95 offers to sort of keep tabs on Devs for people that might want to support them. There should be other ways, like dates on the updates, but they haven't implemented that here. They promised to do that on their update, but that was over 5 years ago.

I just recently went through that w a game...sort of... was almost 18 months... dev came back and said --Oh sorry, I had to step away from the game for a couple years but I'm back now..I promise.... Then disappeared again..

I mean, come on...some of these Developers are making close to a hundred thousand dollars a year.... for their 1 update.

Been reading the responses and enjoying them.
Course, the thread will probably be deleted....but anyway...
Cheers All

In the end....folks can take it however they want. I'm more inclined to have F95 provide help and tools to benefit the good folks who are trying to support these games rather than the way it is now which is totally against the supporters.
The abandoned tag doesn't have any power or apply any pressure at all. It's a housekeeping tool for an aggregate site that keeps track of updates for folks. That's it.

As for rec taking too long, they're moving between continents atm. A process that took ages in the old world, but even longer now that shipping is such a fucking shitshow. And that's without even touching on the paperwork side of things. If I recall correctly they didn't even have a render capable computer with them until about a month ago. Rendering is not a fast process nor is setting them up. So it makes sense that it's been a while.

They've been constantly active updating people about these facts as well, so the thread has not even come close to qualifying for an abandoned tag. At best it might have warranted an On Hold one while rec knew they couldn't do any renders, but that's it.

And the only accountability involved in a patreon relationship between supporters and devs is entirely at the supporters discretion. If they think something is not worth it or that they're being taken advantage of, they have the unilateral ability to cease that relationship. Nothing the dev can do to stop them from unsubbing. It is an entirely optional way to send a little monetary support to a dev, not a contract or agreement of any kind of promise to deliver content on the devs part. People need to grow up and take responsibility for their finances. Supporting a dev in no way gives that person a right to receive anything. That's not how the service works.

The last update dates are there to see for prospective supporters. Both here and on the support platforms. If folks look at a last update being months old and still decide to offer monetary support, that's their choice. The dev has not done anything but offer them an option to do so when normally none exists. It's up to a purchaser to decide if that option has value to them or not. If they can afford it or not. But at no time does it ever constitute a requirement for the dev to offer anything in return. Not updates, not content, not even a thank you. Many do, but it's not how that system actually works. Just how people think that it should. "I paid you so now you must do what I want." When what they really did was see a busker and tossed a few coins in their hat.

ThaBoooB

Jun 24, 2023
The abandoned tag doesn't have any power or apply any pressure at all. It's a housekeeping tool for an aggregate site that keeps track of updates for folks. That's it.

As for rec taking too long, they're moving between continents atm. A process that took ages in the old world, but even longer now that shipping is such a fucking shitshow. And that's without even touching on the paperwork side of things. If I recall correctly they didn't even have a render capable computer with them until about a month ago. Rendering is not a fast process nor is setting them up. So it makes sense that it's been a while.

They've been constantly active updating people about these facts as well, so the thread has not even come close to qualifying for an abandoned tag. At best it might have warranted an On Hold one while rec knew they couldn't do any renders, but that's it.

And the only accountability involved in a patreon relationship between supporters and devs is entirely at the supporters discretion. If they think something is not worth it or that they're being taken advantage of, they have the unilateral ability to cease that relationship. Nothing the dev can do to stop them from unsubbing. It is an entirely optional way to send a little monetary support to a dev, not a contract or agreement of any kind of promise to deliver content on the devs part. People need to grow up and take responsibility for their finances. Supporting a dev in no way gives that person a right to receive anything. That's not how the service works.

The last update dates are there to see for prospective supporters. Both here and on the support platforms. If folks look at a last update being months old and still decide to offer monetary support, that's their choice. The dev has not done anything but offer them an option to do so when normally none exists. It's up to a purchaser to decide if that option has value to them or not. If they can afford it or not. But at no time does it ever constitute a requirement for the dev to offer anything in return. Not updates, not content, not even a thank you. Many do, but it's not how that system actually works. Just how people think that it should. "I paid you so now you must do what I want." When what they really did was see a busker and tossed a few coins in their hat.
You are 100% correct, sir. ^^
The way I always saw it. Is, that you're basically just giving the person you support a tip. Now, if you want to keep that tip going on a regular basis, you can. Or you can just cancel the sub. I've seen a lot of ppl that only "subs/tips" when there is a new update. Then unsubs immediately. Only to get access to the update quicker, ofc. But that is also fine. :)

4.40 star(s) 198 Votes