KrisStab

May 26, 2018
Was that actually said? I don't remember it saying why his father wasn't still with her, just that Rachel isn't his mother.
I interpreted it in the same way . Also Rachel said its someone that the MC knew , and as far as foreshadowing goes a good one always kind of either hints(visually or in some other way) early before the person/event is actually discussed OR is someone / something that is META / true . Vader - Luke (Im your father scene) comes to mind . Having a new character enter the story without any connection that is either logical or somewhat mentioned and connected to the narrative wont be nice. At least in fictional writing that is . IRL you would normally know if a person is connected somehow to you and you would be aware with dealing with people that are not , but in writing you kind of have to control the narrative to show the things that would interest the reader . Its like walking your dog , sometimes it lags behind sometimes it moves ahead of you and sometimes besides you . So your audience could be a little bit behind the narrative (leaving bread crumbs for them to follow ) , move along the story (things happening in a logical manner , but still in kind of unexpected twists and turns ) and moving ahead ( one of those "Yeah that is me hanging naked from a tree ,it all started a month ago...... " type of stories where you kind of know the outcome but the way it got there is missing so the story fills up the blanks ).
Bottom line.... i find it possible for the real Mom to join the story , would be a natural character and somewhat of a twist ,plus it may open some doors for spicy content like Mom-Mom-Son , or a little bit of drama ... can do so much actually .

Reactions: FreeCaster333

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Most people here took the phonecall to be the woman from the lettings agency.

Ellie being near the building when it burnt down, Rachel knowing we were back and where we were and Rachel's reaction when we told her we'd been visiting the lettings woman.

All evidence points to her.

MC's mother hasn't even been a passing mention, the chances of it being her if she isn't dead are slim to none. She's been a non entity in MC's life.

KrisStab

May 26, 2018
Most people here took the phonecall to be the woman from the lettings agency.

Ellie being near the building when it burnt down, Rachel knowing we were back and where we were and Rachel's reaction when we told her we'd been visiting the lettings woman.

All evidence points to her.

MC's mother hasn't even been a passing mention, the chances of it being her if she isn't dead are slim to none. She's been a non entity in MC's life.
Good point ,however lets say the real-estate lady is Rachel's fling from the past , and she cares for her so much that she would share a client's secret of buying a home and be involved in arson , how is that actually helping Rachel . I mean she clearly has some sort of obsession , how come a friend willing to be accomplice in crimes don't help overcoming the obsession instead of worsening the obsession by helping Rachel lure the MC back in to the house . It's like helping your friend who smokes weed too much by getting him to rob someone so he can buy and smoke crack instead . Maybe she is obsessed with Rachel ?

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
MC's dad and Rachel never married and it's "possible" that MC's dad is also Ellies dad.
Anyway, everyone is refering to them as brother/sister, without the step/half or whatever (at least most of the time iirc), so I don't see a problem.
I think the whole premise behind it is Tyrav is misreading things which isn't a bad thing maybe just confused them a little I think that's why Avaron replied.

All I wanted to point out from what I read and enjoyed from the story is that it was noted she was a half sister in the beginning but to her mom she is MC's sister she doesn't see them as half siblings.

Which isn't bad I just think maybe some people don't understand the feelings behind it, they may be technically half siblings BUT if one person sees them differently their not always going to say "don't do that their your half sibling." it wouldn't make sense it would also make one or the other feel like a third wheel being referred to like that all the time...it makes more sense the way she and other characters are using the terminology.

That's just my personal thoughts on it.

Either way this is a very interesting story and I am excited to see where it goes especially with the way it left off and the lock down.

P.S I want to punch that cop....I had a semi similar experience with one just like him when I was a teen...eventually he left me alone not sure why he was always after my ass but meh to each their own I guess.

P.S.S Tyrav please do not think I am trying to be mean in any way or anyone else I understand what you are saying and what you are trying to clarify but it doesn't need to be clarified in the story if you look at the mothers perspective she isn't always going to call her his half sister she doesn't see them that way even though she knows they are plus its just easier to say sister instead of always adding the half in there and and same goes for the other characters...

One of my best friends in elementary school had a half sister but he always called her his sister so did his dad and step mom she always referred to him as her brother it made her feel more part of the family instead of always referring to her as a half sister which would have made her feel like a third wheel.

I hope anyone who plays this is able to enjoy it like I did sorry if my post seemed a little long.

P.S.S.S The whole touching Kat thing he clearly told her multiple times she could tell him to stop push him away and walk out he didn't force her to be there she chose to stay, in some form that technically is consent since she didn't stop him and walk out like he gave her the option to.
I found it to be a interesting twist to how things are going.

• Red Heart
Reactions: recreation

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
I still have my fingers crossed an Aunt will come into the picture. Considering Recreation hinted that there might be more than just the Ellie for a potential incestuous love interest. We shall see. heh

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I knew i'd read about the mother dying somewhere.

Couldn't remember where.

Kinda silly forgetting it's right at the start of the thread. Deff a blonde moment.

Was that actually said? I don't remember it saying why his father wasn't still with her, just that Rachel isn't his mother.
Yes, it is said.

Mother died when MC was young and dad took to drinking and sleeping around.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
:unsure:Shouldn't this have been in a spoiler?
Why would it be a spoiler?

It's in the overview and not really important to the story. She dies far too early in the MC's life to be a factor in anything that happened and Rachel was the catalyst to all the problems in MC's teens.

So cute !!!
View attachment 927138
But too bad it wasn't with Jill.
If that ever does become an ending it will be Jill stood there with her in mine.

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes