Dec 27, 2019
Ah, yeah, but WS wasn't, that's 4 months ago.
The steam release wasn't the update anyway, there's just a little tease from the update in it.

Depending on how fast I can get the new system setup and how fast I can progress, I might be able to release something at the end of next month, but no promises, I have no idea how fast the system will really be in the end.
What's ws? I've been wondering for a while.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
So I finally went to play the Steam version since I have been busy since I bought it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So innocent. No way she could have set a building on fire, right? ...... right??

But what I swear I never noticed until now (due to reading instead of observing) is just how often during that first trip to the coffee place Hannah checks us out.

I must be crazy because this instant stalker behavior of hers makes me like her more :LOL:
Looking forward to the date

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So I finally went to play the Steam version since I have been busy since I bought it.

So innocent. No way she could have set a building on fire, right? ...... right??

But what I swear I never noticed until now (due to reading instead of observing) is just how often during that first trip to the coffee place Hannah checks us out.

I must be crazy because this instant stalker behavior of hers makes me like her more :LOL:
Looking forward to the date
I'm still not really happy with how Rachel looks in that scene, but that has to wait until another time^^

May 26, 2018
First of all, I REALLY liked this particular game. I feel - felt - it was well thought out and put together, well told and - for the most part - well playable.

However -- it has now been 6 months before an update, and according to Recreation, it looks to be at least another month - if not more - before we finally move from v 0.6.0 to 0.7.0 or later. I understand he has WS to also work on - and maybe he needs that to avoid burning out from THIS game. Yet, he has also now created a steam version of the game, and STILL has not updated it past v 0.6.

Due to that - as much as I like this game and REALLY wanted to play it to its completion, I can no longer wait for him to either get his system up and running to his satisfaction - or get everything he WANTS to continue to create the game - or wait for him to get motivated by his supporters enough to finally work on finishing the game.

As I said, I REALLY like the game, but I am getting tired of games I enjoy being delayed with just about every excuse under the sun (need new system, don't like how XX is presented in renders, working on another game/project, want a Steam version to make more money - so sorry - this update is gonna have to wait until I feel like doing it, etc...)

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
First of all, I REALLY liked this particular game. I feel - felt - it was well thought out and put together, well told and - for the most part - well playable.

However -- it has now been 6 months before an update, and according to Recreation, it looks to be at least another month - if not more - before we finally move from v 0.6.0 to 0.7.0 or later. I understand he has WS to also work on - and maybe he needs that to avoid burning out from THIS game. Yet, he has also now created a steam version of the game, and STILL has not updated it past v 0.6.

Due to that - as much as I like this game and REALLY wanted to play it to its completion, I can no longer wait for him to either get his system up and running to his satisfaction - or get everything he WANTS to continue to create the game - or wait for him to get motivated by his supporters enough to finally work on finishing the game.

As I said, I REALLY like the game, but I am getting tired of games I enjoy being delayed with just about every excuse under the sun (need new system, don't like how XX is presented in renders, working on another game/project, want a Steam version to make more money - so sorry - this update is gonna have to wait until I feel like doing it, etc...)
And what makes you so entitled that you think other peoples problems shouldn't affect you? Considering Rec is making 2 games and has had some ridiculous hardware problems, he's been transparent the whole way, keeping us up to speed.

But most importantly, this is a game in DEVELOPMENT, there will always be snags with the work, especially with dev's that work alone (like most do).

This may be a little overreaction but i'm getting tired of people complaining about dev's taking to long to release update, it's happening more and more on this forum it's just asinine. No dev owes any of us anything, whether we support them on Patreon or SS or not.

If you don't like the way they are doing things, just move on and stop posting about it where no one cares.

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
And what makes you so entitled that you think other people's problems shouldn't affect you? Considering Rec is making 2 games and has had some ridiculous hardware problems, he's been transparent the whole way, keeping us up to speed.

But most importantly, this is a game in DEVELOPMENT, there will always be snags with the work, especially with devs that work alone (like most do).

This may be a little overreaction but i'm getting tired of people complaining about dev's taking too long to release updates, it's happening more and more on this forum it's just asinine. No dev owes any of us anything, whether we support them on Patreon or SS or not.

If you don't like the way they are doing things, just move on and stop posting about it where no one cares.
I agree Transparency is the most important thing a Dev has. As for working on another game, there is no issue with the simple fact that when you stick to one game too long, you can simply lose interest or burn out.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
And what makes you so entitled that you think other peoples problems shouldn't affect you? Considering Rec is making 2 games and has had some ridiculous hardware problems, he's been transparent the whole way, keeping us up to speed.

But most importantly, this is a game in DEVELOPMENT, there will always be snags with the work, especially with dev's that work alone (like most do).

This may be a little overreaction but i'm getting tired of people complaining about dev's taking to long to release update, it's happening more and more on this forum it's just asinine. No dev owes any of us anything, whether we support them on Patreon or SS or not.

Don't take the bait. Either this one is trolling way too hard or has the worst case of rectal cranial inversion ever known. In either case, it's not worth responding.

• Haha
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018

Congratulations it took you a little bit over 2 weeks before you started complaining again. :FacePalm:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

No idea why you think Steam has had any influence on the update, it didn't (well, maybe a few hours, but it's not that it makes any real difference) and I never said that. The plan was always to release 0.6 on steam since it's done and tested for a while now.
The only thing that influences my update speed is RL (which so far had very little influence) and hardware (which DID have a big influence) and that's what I always said.
And no, I'm not working on WS right now, I'm working on BM, I've always made one update for one game, then made an update for the other. I don't know how many times I've already said that, but I'm working on the BM update since the WS update was out, so it's 4 months now. During these 4 months I lost one grafics card, which slowed things down, but I'm still working on it.
Seeing that you have a MNF signature: maybe you're comparing the update speed with that? Well I have to tell you, that's a completely different engine which requires no rendering time and specifically the rendering part is what costs most of the time for BM.
Just for comparison: WS uses the same engine as MNF, it has already the same amount of content as BM and I've only been working on it for roughly 3 months overall.

I've also said several times that I "could" make the updates faster if I'd stop caring about quality, I could just throw whatever in a room, ignore clipping, ignore lighting, just use base presets and hit the render button. It won't render any faster, but I'd spare a lot of time creating the scenes. A lot of Daz devs are actually doing exactly that and I won't call names here, but everyone with a working pair of eyes should be able to see it when they look at the renders of some games, and tbf, seeing that some of these devs get a lot more support even thought they obviously don't care about their garbage content and simply because they release more frequently is just plain stupid and even hurts every devs that actually cares for their creations.
Sorry, but I prefer quality render and content, I can't stand clipping and I want good looking, realistic lighting, I like to have real backgrounds and not just a random background image.
Stuff like that takes more time, but it's worth it imo, even if some people can't see the difference.

Let me be honest, I can understand you to a degree, there's been some really bad examples of devs milking as much money as possible, devs that shamelessly lie to their fans, devs that do nothing but giving promises and release basically no content after several delays, etc. but maybe you want to have a closer look before you judge devs that take a little longer. As much as it's annoying for you to wait for updates, it's equally annoying to get accused of stuff that's simply not true and to have to explain this shit again and again.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
No idea why you think Steam has had any influence on the update, it didn't (well, maybe a few hours, but it's not that it makes any real difference) and I never said that. The plan was always to release 0.6 on steam since it's done and tested for a while now.
The only thing that influences my update speed is RL (which so far had very little influence) and hardware (which DID have a big influence) and that's what I always said.
And no, I'm not working on WS right now, I'm working on BM, I've always made one update for one game, then made an update for the other. I don't know how many times I've already said that, but I'm working on the BM update since the WS update was out, so it's 4 months now. During these 4 months I lost one grafics card, which slowed things down, but I'm still working on it.
Seeing that you have a MNF signature: maybe you're comparing the update speed with that? Well I have to tell you, that's a completely different engine which requires no rendering time and specifically the rendering part is what costs most of the time for BM.
Just for comparison: WS uses the same engine as MNF, it has already the same amount of content as BM and I've only been working on it for roughly 3 months overall.

I've also said several times that I "could" make the updates faster if I'd stop caring about quality, I could just throw whatever in a room, ignore clipping, ignore lighting, just use base presets and hit the render button. It won't render any faster, but I'd spare a lot of time creating the scenes. A lot of Daz devs are actually doing exactly that and I won't call names here, but everyone with a working pair of eyes should be able to see it when they look at the renders of some games, and tbf, seeing that some of these devs get a lot more support even thought they obviously don't care about their garbage content and simply because they release more frequently is just plain stupid and even hurts every devs that actually cares for their creations.
Sorry, but I prefer quality render and content, I can't stand clipping and I want good looking, realistic lighting, I like to have real backgrounds and not just a random background image.
Stuff like that takes more time, but it's worth it imo, even if some people can't see the difference.

Let me be honest, I can understand you to a degree, there's been some really bad examples of devs milking as much money as possible, devs that shamelessly lie to their fans, devs that do nothing but giving promises and release basically no content after several delays, etc. but maybe you want to have a closer look before you judge devs that take a little longer. As much as it's annoying for you to wait for updates, it's equally annoying to get accused of stuff that's simply not true and to have to explain this shit again and again.
No worries Rec, you are doing just fine! I have no problem waiting for updates when I know the Dev is working on it and keeping us updated. Real life messes things up sometimes, that's just how it is....

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
What must be clearly stated here:
1. rec is very transparent about what disruptions in the flow of development, although there is no obligation to do so, especially here.
2. rec actively interacts with players, even those of us who can't support for various reasons.
3. i have no idea about the matter as such, but i can imagine that some time needs to be invested here for an update and i'm thinking of among others:
The current writing of the plot. I don't know how extensive this VN is going to be, but since it's not going to be a pure fuckfest things like character development need to be considered here. As someone who is active in pen & paper roleplaying games and also often does the game master I know how important a developed personality is for a character to know how this character would act etc.. Little is more frustrating than when a character is suddenly "dumbed down" from the blue for plot reasons.

Hunting for bugs, spelling errors, and other things. There's the old saying "not seeing the forest for the trees" or even the phrase of operational blindness. This means that someone from the outside has to test the software and when a real problem is found, the first thing to do is to look for a needle in a haystack. And the more choices there are, the more you have to search and presumably the higher the risk of bugs. Personally, I prefer to wait a little longer for an update than to get monthly updates only to have a bug that makes it impossible to continue playing and then wait a month for a patch.

BamID

May 17, 2020

Leave your basement for once and realize.. the world is not revolving around you..
so why should anyone care for your opinion?

like i said already... i got 6 teaser pics and lots of other updates on the state of the Game in the last 2 months..
and no i don't get any special snowflake covering on that..

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

Quality is always the most important. I don't mind supporting devs with shitty renders if they're trying to improve and they show quality elsewhere, like good writing, but it isn't usually hard to tell the difference between someone who cares and someone who doesn't.

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Quality is always the most important. I don't mind supporting devs with shitty renders if they're trying to improve and they show quality elsewhere, like good writing, but it isn't usually hard to tell the difference between someone who cares and someone who doesn't.
I don't mind shitty renders that much, nobody starts as a pro and not everyone can be an artist, but when someone consistently makes the same low effort renders it's quite obvious that they don't care and usually it's also really noticeable in the story.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I don't mind shitty renders that much, nobody starts as a pro and not everyone can be an artist, but when someone consistently makes the same low effort renders it's quite obvious that they don't care and usually it's also really noticeable in the story.
And now imagine how broke a lot of devs would go if everyone would notice that. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: recreation

Aksayuk

Aug 17, 2019
Is their any update from the steam version beside this playthrough no information on the steam page beside game was added to steam on may. .....missing my katherine

Kaite.gif Tara gif.gif

4.40 star(s) 201 Votes