Apr 18, 2019
Sorry, but Steam is an online gaming platform. I DO know what I am talking about since I DO play some games on Steam.You cannot play a game unless you pay a fee, therefore it is an online gaming platform. And I got that DIRECTLY FROM STEAM. It identifies as an ONLINE GAMING PLATFORM, With ONLINE games.

And Killer7 may work on one game at a time, yet he is basically doing the exact same thing as you, and STILL manages to put out weekly updates to his supporters, with monthly updates to everyone else. Not to mention approximately weekly updates for his game progress on the one he has yet to publish.
Most games on Steam work offline (if they are DRM-free you don't even need the client, otherwise via offline mode). And I don't know what you mean by fee. On Steam there are free games and paid games. Steam itself is just the distribution platform and store. Bad Memories most likely will be a DRM free offline game on Steam. You only need to be online to access the Steam store to buy the game and also to download it obviously. After that you can close the client, burn the Ethernet cables and play Bad Memories offline, like most other games.
Sure, there are games that require an internet connection, but those are mostly multiplayer games and the online requirement never comes from Steam, but always from the developer itself.

And you seriously don't understand that Honey Select and DAZ consume very different amounts of time in development. There is no comparison. You are disrespectful by being so stubbornly clueless.

edit: I just see that you have found insight. Therefore, I will once again show mercy and exceptionally grant absolution. But seriously how could you not see that DAZ and HS… well let's forget it. Nevermind.

Last edited:

NaejEtropal8

Jan 21, 2019
The game hasn't changed for a very long time. Are they finishing it up to complete it or
are they having problems with creating v0.7?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
And if someone do not care about your other game?
Sad, but it's a natural way why most of devs on Patreon turned into disappointment sooner or later.
Then someone can piss off. What the Dev does other than this particular game is irrelevant. He develops this game at the pace he chooses, if you think it takes too long play something else in the meantime.

And if "most" of the Dev's you pledge too on Patreon turns into disappointment, i would wager a guess that it's mostly not on their end......

If anyone wonders why i got this defensive it's because i HATE entitled posts like that one.....

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Sad, but it's a natural way why most of devs on Patreon turned into disappointment sooner or later.
If you think it's disappointing that I do something to not burn out by working on the same stuff all the time, then I'd suggest try making your own game and work at least a year on it, maybe then you'll understand it.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Then said someone should be patient and wait or leave to play something else.

And only scammers like icstor become a disappointment. Anything else is just your own sense of entitlement talking because the developer doesn't owe you anything.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
If anyone wonders why i got this defensive it's because i HATE entitled posts like that one.....
And a thing I'm hate the most are devs who not placing their game on hold while it's actually on hold as they're on vacations / have real-life issues / doing another project for a prolonged time (like here for more then half of year lol). Patreon idea is to pay artists to support their work and not for lack of it. So for me it is a dishonest behavior and as for me - honesty is only thing I'm expecting to get for paying money on schedule.

P.S. My beloved game-of-all-times is Aurora 4X (it is not lewd and for true maniacs so there is no advertisement here), developed by Steve who completely ignoring players opinion and update it very slowly with random huge breaks. Yet he is not offering us a monthly subscription and don't mind to write "sorry I'm playing into game X with my family and addicted to it now, so no new updates in near future.". So don't tell me "be patient", lol.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
And a thing I'm hate the most are devs who not placing their game on hold while it's actually on hold as they're on vacations / have real-life issues / doing another project for a prolonged time (like here for more then half of year lol). Patreon idea is to pay artists to support their work and not for lack of it. So for me it is a dishonest behavior and as for me - honesty is only thing I'm expecting to get for paying money on schedule.

P.S. My beloved game-of-all-times is Aurora 4X (it is not lewd and for true maniacs so there is no advertisement here), developed by Steve who completely ignoring players opinion and update it very slowly with random huge breaks. Yet he is not offering us a monthly subscription and don't mind to write "sorry I'm playing into game X with my family and addicted to it now, so no new updates in near future.". So don't tell me "be patient", lol.
If you'd have ever looked at my patreon than you would have seen that it's neither BM exclusive, nor meant as a payment for BM. Now this might surprise you, but I didn't even have a patreon when I released BM, I've only created one because I was constantly asked for it.
Also, if you'd have followed the thread, or at least read a few of my last posts before posting yourself, you might have noticed that I'm far from working as much on WS as I do work on BM.

BamID

May 17, 2020
Just because you're an entitled piece of.. something...

1. The Game is actually NOT on hold! where do you get your "info's" from..
2. we got several updates and pictures on the progress of the game and the state of the update.
3. Patreon Idea is to support their work, yes and that's what happening GUESS WHAT?? WE GET UPDATES!

We don't care for your "beloved game of all times", we don't care for you. Just pack your things and delete yourself if you can't get even the simplest of facts right..

Every entitled Snowflake gone is a good one..

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

This game is not on hold. Had you paid attention to Rec's posts you would know what is happening.

Also learn what patreon is about. Patrons are supporting a developer (in this case) create his games and nothing else. They can keep supporting or decide to stop.
They didn't turned into a employer-employee relationship. There is no taking in a salary in exchange for a determined ammount of work per month.

Seems like you need to learn to read before posting too.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018

You know what the thing is that i hate the most? People who refuse to read a few pages back in a game thread and then make ridiculous claims and act like they had any idea what they are talking about.

If you don't like how recreation makes HIS game then walk away but don't make stupid claims when you don't have ANY idea what is really going on. :FacePalm:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

You know what I hate the most? Fish. I hate fish. What, you don't care? Well, now you know how we feel about your rant.

4.40 star(s) 201 Votes