K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Latest brief update I saw on Steam was on 5th September, saying that Rec is working on the 'final bits and pieces of the update, mainly animations.'

So you'll just have to wait, like the rest of us ;)

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
I played the beta already, it felt a bit underwhelming in terms of content as expected. By the other hand there is an obvious visual improvement, especially in close-up shots. This is how the right use of light and reflections looks like.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He work so hard on animations, it take a lot of time so the release seems short lie the others.
let's hope for him that he no longer has a computer problem

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I played the beta already, it felt a bit underwhelming in terms of content as expected. By the other hand there is an obvious visual improvement, especially in close-up shots. This is how the right use of light and reflections looks like.

There's a person reflected in her eyes. :love:

BamID

May 17, 2020

Underwhelming? He almost doubled the amount of renders in the Game. The update alone has ~ 1500 new scene renders [the game now has 3175 renders according to rec] and additional over 3000 renders from animations and other things that partly aren't in the game, but will with the final release.

That is more then other devs do in a year without the hardware problems rec had and with a lower render quality..

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
His other game got updated in January and update for this started in February, card died and there was a break in development waiting for replacement.

It's had about 3-4 months of development all told. Even if the card hadn't died it would still only be 7 months.

The updates don't start as soon as the last one is finished, he stops to work a bit on his other game and unwind.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
His other game got updated in January and update for this started in February, card died and there was a break in development waiting for replacement.

It's had about 3-4 months of development all told. Even if the card hadn't died it would still only be 7 months.

The updates don't start as soon as the last one is finished, he stops to work a bit on his other game and unwind.
I was still working on the game while waiting for the new card, otherwise I wouldn't have so many new render, but things were much slower obviously^^

In other news I got some nice feedback for the beta, a few bugs here and there, all of which are fixed by now, and I'm currently finishing the last renders, then it's only animations left to do.
The beta will at least run until the end of the week and then we'll see how things look for a release.
One thing I can already tell though, you'll need to start from day 9 before going to work, otherwise some "things" might not trigger correctly. One roblem is that I reworked the map completely and there are some new variables that need to trigger.
I've also changed some stuff at the start of the game, so if you're interested to see that it might be worth starting a new game when the update is out (but not necessary).

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I was still working on the game while waiting for the new card, otherwise I wouldn't have so many new render, but things were much slower obviously^^

In other news I got some nice feedback for the beta, a few bugs here and there, all of which are fixed by now, and I'm currently finishing the last renders, then it's only animations left to do.
The beta will at least run until the end of the week and then we'll see how things look for a release.
One thing I can already tell though, you'll need to start from day 9 before going to work, otherwise some "things" might not trigger correctly. One roblem is that I reworked the map completely and there are some new variables that need to trigger.
I've also changed some stuff at the start of the game, so if you're interested to see that it might be worth starting a new game when the update is out (but not necessary).
I'll be starting a new playthrough, anyway, to refamiliarize with the story :)

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes