recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Shit, I've been guilty of that once or twice but it was more out of importance than ripping a dev off. Others are like, SWEET no charge up front....."lol I cancel this shit and get it for free"
But I've NEVER joined and canceled right away...Usually the day before the 1st once I realized shits gonna go sideways for me financially.
I know how you feel, I was supporting recreation for a short time but had to drop it due to financial reasons. Went a full month between jobs when I was supposed to start my new one immediately. Hopefully in the next week or two I'll be back to supporting. This is my favorite game on here!
I don't blame anyone for dropping out when money is short, everybody needs money, everybody needs to live. I lost my job 3 month ago (or is it 4 month already? :unsure:) due to the company having lost a few big commissions and I'm still searching for a new job, so I'm short on money, too and can relate to that. But people who just join a tier to get the unfinished game and then drop out immediately are just... [censored]!

I mean, I can even understand when people do that when a game is paywalled and/or delayed on purpose for lower/free tiers, but this is an unfinished test version and when it's done I release it immediately, free for everyone... no paywalls, no delays!
I put the test version up to get feedback so I can make sure that everything is fixed when the update is finally done. Having people join just to get the game early and then jump out, is not only annoying, but I also won't get any feedback from them, which annoys me even more.

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
I don't blame anyone for dropping out when money is short, everybody needs money, everybody needs to live. I lost my job 3 month ago (or is it 4 month already? :unsure:) due to the company having lost a few big commissions and I'm still searching for a new job, so I'm short on money, too and can relate to that. But people who just join a tier to get the unfinished game and then drop out immediately are just... [censored]!

Just to make sure (I haven't given yet, but good work - would totally by the endproduct on Steam/GOG if you keep it up), but that does not mean you are against one time donations per se, right?
I would hate when I give you, say ten bucks, and it gives you more trouble than helping.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Just to make sure (I haven't given yet, but good work - would totally by the endproduct on Steam/GOG if you keep it up), but that does not mean you are against one time donations per se, right?
I would hate when I give you, say ten bucks, and it gives you more trouble than helping.
Thanks mate, but I don't think Steam or GOG would allow the game on their platform with this kind of content xD
As far as I know you can make a one time donation without joining a tier, so that would be a clear indicator that you're not just there to grab the test version ;)

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Thanks mate, but I don't think Steam or GOG would allow the game on their platform with this kind of content xD
As far as I know you can make a one time donation without joining a tier, so that would be a clear indicator that you're not just there to grab the test version ;)
*Steam/GOG: well some games like Acting Lessons are on Steam. Just saying.^^

I see no need to grab a test version, I prefer waiting for the real update here, with proofreading and lesser bugs. But that is just me. :D

Reactions: recreation

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
is on steam.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hey Rec is there a banner thingy for Katherine available? I think shes my favourite now.
Eh... no, I don't think so, but nice to hear that I/she was able to convince someone that she's not... to bad to be around with xD
Maybe someone is willing to make a sig for her, my photoshop skills are still rusty, I can't do much more than fixing small render issues :(

Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018

I mentioned it before, but just to make sure: I'm not sending out the link to the test version anymore. Instead I'm finishing up the last render, run a few more tests, see if everything works, and will hopefully not find any issues, so I can release the update on monday^^

Thx to everyone who send some feedback, I really apprechiate your help.

aaaand here is one final image before the update (no, nothing lewd, you dirty pervs!). Yes it's dark, testers might know in which scene it belongs ;)

pcroom_d6_j_arrive6.png

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
That image looks way too dark to me, there are much better ways to make a scene look dark than actually making it so dark you can barely see.
Really? It's the opposite for me, I think it looks pretty good. Dark scenes seem to be pretty hard to do well in these games. More often than not they still end up looking like there's a German WW2 era search light shining on the characters.

There's no obvious "THIS IS WHERE THE LIGHT SOURCE IS!" give away or anything either.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
On a bright background it looks too dark, I agree, but look at it in full screen or on a dark background ;)
I use dark themes, and I've tried it fullscreen, it's still too dark. If you look at night scenes in films, they either A: have the subject better lit than that, or B: are doing something artistic like a silhouette. That is neither, it's just dark.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I use dark themes, and I've tried it fullscreen, it's still too dark. If you look at night scenes in films, they either A: have the subject better lit than that, or B: are doing something artistic like a silhouette. That is neither, it's just dark.
:unsure: it might just be your settings then. Nobody I asked thought it's to dark and personally I think it looks better than many dark scenes in other games.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
i tried to play this game again, butt the female protagonist killed it for me, time for me to move on.

Good luck with this...game

(i still have the version without the female protagnist crap, thats still the best one)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I personally don't see it as too dark. Maybe your lighting settings are too low on your screen :unsure:

i tried to play this game again, butt the female protagonist killed it for me, time for me to move on.

Good luck with this...game

(i still have the version without the female protagnist crap, thats still the best one)
You do know that no one forces you to play as a female protag?

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes