recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
i tried to play this game again, butt the female protagonist killed it for me, time for me to move on.

Good luck with this...game

(i still have the version without the female protagnist crap, thats still the best one)
and I still don't get how that's even possible.
If you have the old v0.1, have a look in the code and you'll see that she's already there (not only the name, but every scene, and every piece of code for her), she was just deactivated because of missing renders, but I told you about that already...
You could actually activate her and still won't see any difference when you play the male mc.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
:unsure: it might just be your settings then. Nobody I asked thought it's to dark and personally I think it looks better than many dark scenes in other games.
looks too dark to me as well, unless i turn off all the light in the room aside from my screen which is not at all my normal mode of play. of course i don't mind just turning up my brightness when i need to. i've gotten used to it from playing ptolemy games, that man loves to render scenes where you can barely see anything.

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
looks too dark to me as well, unless i turn off all the light in the room aside from my screen which is not at all my normal mode of play. of course i don't mind just turning up my brightness when i need to.
Different monitor settings I guess. I use my TV as monitor, which is a 4k screen with HDR enabled, so naturally things look a bit different as on a normal monitor. I don't have another screen to check, but that's why I send especially darker images to other people and ask if it looks okay and everything is visible.

How does this one look for you guys:
pcroom_d6_j_arrive6.jpg
I think it's a bit too bright for a night scene though.

Reactions: Namco15 and Gman851

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Different monitor settings I guess. I use my TV as monitor, which is a 4k screen with HDR enabled, so naturally things look a bit different as on a normal monitor. I don't have another screen to check, but that's why I send especially darker images to other people and ask if it looks okay and everything is visible.

View attachment 529627
also use a tv 1080 oled. this is noticably better to me

Reactions: recreation

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

View attachment 529627
I think the original version was better, this looks like early morning (with the sun coming through the window) rather than a night scene. Just my opinion though. :)

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017

View attachment 529627
I agree with I'm Not Thea Lundgren!, the first one is better. The second one seems to have a light source off to the left shining on the model and it looks like it's about 6:00am in summer lighting-wise.

For a night scene I'd stick with the first one from an artistic point of view, but if enough people can't see shit properly because of monitors or settings or whatever I guess you'd be better off going with the brighter settings, since we "dark preference" people can see the scene regardless.

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Eh... no, I don't think so, but nice to hear that I/she was able to convince someone that she's not... to bad to be around with xD
Maybe someone is willing to make a sig for her, my photoshop skills are still rusty, I can't do much more than fixing small render issues :(
I legit had trouble seeing the difference between the two. Also i see no problem with either of images.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

View attachment 529627
It's brighter, but still feels like the lighting range is too compressed to me. There are no highlights, which makes the image look flat. Here are a few images I found on google, they all look like night-time but are more visually interesting in my opinion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course the subject doesn't have to be well-lit, but in cases where that is not the case it's usually a silhouette effect:

erkper

May 16, 2018
It's brighter, but still feels like the lighting range is too compressed to me. There are no highlights, which makes the image look flat. Here are a few images I found on google, they all look like night-time but are more visually interesting in my opinion.
Of course the subject doesn't have to be well-lit, but in cases where that is not the case it's usually a silhouette effect:
So you're showing examples of night scenes with artificial, bright light sources present to show how a scene which appears to NOT have a bright light source present is not good? Apples to oranges much? I think both the original and the modified version look fine, on my crap dinky desktop monitor.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Well, let me be honest here, they aren't the best examples for night scenes. The first one has a really low contrast and obviously a lot of artifical light sources, where the scene with Jada only has one.
The second one again has very low contrast and is a brighter scene in general, plus I'm sure there's artifical light too.
The third one uses a spotlight that is so obvious and clearly just there to light the scene, that's nothing I would even consider doing.
And the last one, well that's good for a movie, but I'm always trying to light my scenes like they would be lit in real life. Of course I'm doing compromises here an there, but as I said, I think it looks good, and it seems the majority agrees.

The thing is, this is just 2 or 3 images, Jada enters the room, the background is dark (because night), the room is lit, so the next image is already brighter. There is really no reason to go into argument because of that.

Still, thanks for your effort, I apprechiate it.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes