recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I think the "female protagonist " spoiler the game :( it was really good in first release :cry: good luck
As I already said several times: The female protag was planned and included from the beginning. I did not alter the story or gameplay for her, she was already included in the first release, and was just not selectable because of missing renders!
Thank you very much...

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
If rendering is the bottle-neck, is there any way someone with a decently powerful workstation [like me, that I already use to encode video for work] could use that machine's down-time to help get updates out faster? just wondering since I haven't played around with this specific type of stuff yet.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If rendering is the bottle-neck, is there any way someone with a decently powerful workstation [like me, that I already use to encode video for work] could use that machine's down-time to help get updates out faster? just wondering since I haven't played around with this specific type of stuff yet.
Generally yes, but in my case sadly no, since you'd need to synch the databases, which would make constant updating necessary, which in itself is not a problem, but I have a really slow internet connection, so it would take ages to synch and send assets to and from one computer to the other.
Also, I create a lot of stuff myself, and I don't really want to share everything I create^^

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Generally yes, but in my case sadly no, since you'd need to synch the databases, which would make constant updating necessary, which in itself is not a problem, but I have a really slow internet connection, so it would take ages to synch and send assets to and from one computer to the other.
Also, I create a lot of stuff myself, and I don't really want to share everything I create^^
Understandable.
I can just never get enough of good VN content.

Reactions: recreation

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
As I already said several times: The female protag was planned and included from the beginning. I did not alter the story or gameplay for her, she was already included in the first release, and was just not selectable because of missing renders!
Thank you very much...
Not only this but it is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL....no idea what this guy is complaining about. :LOL:
Not sure if he is complaining about the inclusion of a female protag just because it exists or he is unsatisfied with the content given to her.

evil321

Jan 27, 2018
Thank you very much...
thank you
recreation
but my point is (not female protagonist is a bad idea) but it was drag the game to be suit for both path. the problem become when the action happen, not both gender will react in same way. and that will lead you to develop more scenario which will look like develop two game and tired you in development to solve that.
I really like this game and hope to see more from it thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: something__else

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
thank you
recreation
but my point is (not female protagonist is a bad idea) but it was drag the game to be suit for both path. the problem become when the action happen, not both gender will react in same way. and that will lead you to develop more scenario which will look like develop two game and tired you in development to solve that.
Well I also mentioned severals times that the difference betwen male and female isn't that big, most scenes are the same and I use several variables that take care of gender specific dialogue (he/she, brother/sister, him/her, etc. get swapped automatically). The only extra effort goes into render where you actually see the protag and you might have noticed that there aren't too many of them.

Last edited:

Vincent_Silas

Mar 1, 2020
[...] The only extra effort goes into render where you actually see the protag and you might have noticed that there aren't too many of them.
Which is by the way a style element that I HUGELY enjoy, as it makes the immersion into the story for me better, easier... pick an adjective of your choice.
It's one of many subtle details paired with the quality of the renders, that makes BM truly stand out.

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
thank you
recreation
unnamed.jpg

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes